Paulding.com

Ancient Videogame Trivia. Spin off of another topic

I don't know the others. I didn't spend a lot of time in the arcade - no $$$. But there were a few games at the roller rink where we used to skate.

Man, you are bringing back some retro memories! :D

I don't know the others. I didn't spend a lot of time in the arcade - no $$$. But there were a few games at the roller rink where we used to skate.

Man, you are bringing back some retro memories! biggrin.gif

I've got a program on my computer called Mame (multi arcade machine emulator). I've got alot of the oldies...

Is it a public domain thing? I've seen some of the emulators for Asteroids and other classic games. If it's a freebie, do you have a link to share?

Thanks for the blast from the past!

Is it a public domain thing? I've seen some of the emulators for Asteroids and other classic games. If it's a freebie, do you have a link to share?

Thanks for the blast from the past!

The emulators are easy to find, the roms are another story. I've got a zip of the emu+roms if you want a copy. PM me an email address and I send it to you...

I've got a MAME cabinet I built, and built a skeeball machine a few years ago. I would order a DVD set, just google DVD MAME set. You usually just pay for the shipping/dvds and will get more games than you know what to do with.

The cabinet started out looking like this -

1536837295_84a33e0801.jpg

And this when I finished

1537696586_aafecd98e9.jpg1536833321_043c99ace8.jpg

And just for grins, here is the skeeball machine. Its currently in storage, but its a blast to play.

sk81.JPG

I've got a MAME cabinet I built, and built a skeeball machine a few years ago. I would order a DVD set, just google DVD MAME set. You usually just pay for the shipping/dvds and will get more games than you know what to do with.

And this when I finished

And just for grins, here is the skeeball machine. Its currently in storage, but its a blast to play.

sk81.JPG

of the two screen shots..is the one on the left Tank?

And this when I finished

sk81.JPG

I've been toying with the notion of making a MAME cabinet, I've got two cabnets I bought for parts to make my Rastan Arcade Game. I just got the program many years ago with 400 roms, it's in a zip file I keep in a flash drive for those who want it. Wifey has threatened to chop my head off if I bring home another full size Arcade game, working or not...

of the two screen shots..is the one on the left Tank?

Nope, good guess...

Anyone remember a hockey game from the late 80s that was bascially two on two hockey? We used to play it all the time and I've been looking for it for my game room but can't find it. All the places I call that restore these machines don't know the game I'm talking about either. It was two teams, one blue, one red. A goalie and two players to a side. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it but it is something really simple.

Is this is? http://marvin3m.com/arcade/chexx.htm

ETA: nevermind... goalie and 2 players per side... wrong game!

No, that was our second favorite game as kids, the table with the dome over it where you controlled the players with sticks like Fussball. I found one of those at a garage sale one year and just need to get it cleaned up. It was the old school USA vs. USSR one - really cool. The one I'm on the hunt for is a actually video game. Thanks for the link though, that was a neat read.

EDIT: I just googled the cost of one of those tables new and it was over 3K. I paid less then 600 bucks for mine at this garage sale it it works perfect, just needs some paint and cleaning. You just made my day, the wife thought I overpaid for it wait till I show her this.

Edited by MotorCity MadMan