Paulding.com

NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR PAULDING'S BEST SERVICE EMPLOYEE

BEST SERVICE EMPLOYEE CONTEST

We're opening nominations for Paulding's best service employee. The winner of this contest - you'll get to vote - will get a minimum prize of $100 cash ... maybe more if we get additional sponsors.

What we're expecting is that you, the PCOM audience, will nominate local service workers - waiters, waitresses, sales clerks, food preparers, cashiers ... anyone whose job is to greet and meet the public and help you the customer enjoy your visit in a retail setting - by telling the story of their service and how it made your day brighter and your experience more pleasant.

It is important to know that this contest is among the folks that do the service and the business does not need to be a commerce or business member. That means anyone you have dealt with in a retail or restaurant setting is a possible nominee.

Your nominations are vitally important and you'll need to get the service workers name and their place of work ... and approximate time. Then tell the story why you are nominating them.

We will close nominations on July 10th. Then from your nominations, we'll select a minimum of five finalists. We'll go and interview the finalists, put up videos of the contestants and open the vote for the community to choose the winner.

If an employer prohibits their employee from participating, we will respect that and will regretfully disqualify the entrant. Of course an employee may disqualify themselves as well.

It costs nothing to nominate a person for this contest and the winner will walk off with at least $100.00 cash plus some prizes.

The selection of nominees will be based on your narrative and nomination so make the folks who made you feel good, look good as well. The best told nominations will help the person.

PCOM commerce members please do contact me or LPPT if you're interested in adding a prize or sponsoring the event.

Pubby

PS: This post is protected by commerce member rules and if you have an itch for drama or negativity, post elsewhere. Let's be positive here and have some fun!

PPS: Just post your nominations as a reply to this topic.

Curtis a great guy but his role is more professional sales and management than retail clerking ... The nominee in his office would more properly be the receptionist ... but an insurance agency is not a retail agency. I guess the thing I would suggest is that anyone with an office is disqualified for this contest.... Not that I don't endorse everything you said about Caped Crusader.

pubby

Curtis a great guy but his role is more professional sales and management than retail clerking ... The nominee in his office would more properly be the receptionist ... but an insurance agency is not a retail agency. I guess the thing I would suggest is that anyone with an office is disqualified for this contest.... Not that I don't endorse everything you said about Caped Crusader.

pubby

yeah-----then I can nominate first.

I nominate TINA at the Hiram Rodney's BBQ.

She is the BEST.

I guess i would like to nominate Debi at The Illustrator Tattoo Shop. Let me tell you why. I had decided i wanted my ear pierced .So my son took me to her in Marrieta. I had never met her before and i was so scared to have it done. She was going to have to use a hollow needle.Which made me uneasy. I went in the door and i know she new what i was feeling. Right away by her nice attitude and the smile on her face she began to set my mind at ease right quick.. . She is a real professional at what she does. But what really top this off is i was glad to meet and find out that she works at the shop in our own down town, I met her again through our own Sage. She is just as nice today as she was then. Always pleasant and always has a smile when i see her. She is a wonderful person to be around and shoot the breeze with.

She sales body jewerly so you could say she is in retail sales.So you see this is why i nominate her.

Here is a little about her.

Debi has spent the last 25 years tattooing in Georgia; offering a professional but fun atmosphere, with modern and sterile techniques. She has won awards in various tattoo categories such as: Best Front Piece, Best Black and Grey, Best Tribal, and Best Overall Male. Debi's work has been featured on A Current Affair, The Ricki Lake Show, Tattoos: Women of the Ink as well as published work in international tattoo magazines.

yeah-----then I can nominate first.

I nominate TINA at the Hiram Rodney's BBQ.

She is the BEST.

Tina

Why is she the best? Elaborate?

pubby

I nominate Lori at Biker's Gone Wild in uptown Dallas. She is the bomb.

Come on now, tell a story about why you think she should win.

pubby

I nominate Pastor Matt for his service behind the scenes at Rodney's. He's a great guy and always, always makes sure everyone is happy. The cooks usually only hear about it when something is wrong!!

I understand but can you tell a story that would illustrate why you think so much of Paster Matt?

pubby

Tina

Why is she the best? Elaborate?

pubby

Come on now, tell a story about why you think she should win. pubby

I understand but can you tell a story that would illustrate why you think so much of Paster Matt?

pubby

I will have to write up something today.

I vote for Ms. Tina at Rodneys as well. I know that when we go in there every Monday morning she always has a happy face and great attitude. There has been times when some of her customers have needed extraordinary help from having to deal with comforting someone with medical issues to helping plan parties there, to just giving the customers that like to give her a hard time the reaction of throwing it right back at them! She is efficent, timely, a real joy, and an asset to all customers that know and love her! I VOTE FOR TINA at the Hiram Rodneys!!!

I nominate Lori at Biker's Gone Wild in uptown Dallas. She is the bomb.

I second this and I will say why:

Lori started a small business in Dallas, and because of the generosity and her kind sprirt she has, Lori has made a huge impact on The Dallas citizens who know her and who know of her hard work and time.

Lori does so much for this community that is not known facts to the people of this county.

she is behind a lot of the Cancer relay rides, she does what she can to help the Patriot Guards, and the American Legion

You can go in to her shop and she welcomes you with a smile, and a hug and invites you into her home, which is close to her shop.

Heck if you go in there shopping and she is cooking breakfast she will invite you to eat breakfast with her LOL

she donates a lot of her items for contest, cancer fund raisers, she not only donates her items, but she donates her time to work these events.

From the start to finish, and ask nothing in return.

Lori is an awesome person, a loving and caring person who helps the people who live in paulding.

she cares about her customers, because they are not only customers but she considers you a friend.

I truly believe that Lori is one person who can change the world if given the chance.

Story about Lori...

we had stopped in one day while we were riding, infact we were on our way to the relay ride that Annette Walker always does.

so we had some time to kill, and we stopped in to see Lori, and she met us outside and hugged our necks there were 5 of us,

she said she had been thinking of us, and wanted to know if we were signed up for the ride, we told her yes, that we were on our way.

she said she was going to be there.. what she did not tell us was that not only was she there,

she was working the boothes, she had donated so many of her items that she could have easliy made money on, but she chose to donate them.

No matter who you were, if you knew her, she made a point to speak to you and hug your neck, and Thank you for being a part of the ride

I know that there was 0ver 200 bikes there that day, but she Thanked everyone indivual and she meant it from her heart.

Lori is just a wonderful Lady who serves this county in so many heart warming ways.

I vote for Ms. Tina at Rodneys as well. I know that when we go in there every Monday morning she always has a happy face and great attitude. There has been times when some of her customers have needed extraordinary help from having to deal with comforting someone with medical issues to helping plan parties there, to just giving the customers that like to give her a hard time the reaction of throwing it right back at them! She is efficent, timely, a real joy, and an asset to all customers that know and love her! I VOTE FOR TINA at the Hiram Rodneys!!!

Exactly.

I have been ordering breakfast from Rodneys almost every weekday for 6 months now.

I call and she is very helpful and friendly and ALWAYS gets my order just right with a sweet smile.

She is SO friendly and realy is the best waitress I have ever met.

PLEASE vote for TINA.

thanks,

SUSAN

My Vote goes for Mr. Kim Koker @ Movies 278 he is a great guy , always very friendly and also he is always willing to help anyone one out. He greets all his customers with respect and always can manage to cheer anyone up. He is a very joyful person.

He also works at my bank that I use and I recently went there asking about different things like loans and etc, with the economy the way it is currently, I had been down and out for a while thinking I will never have anyhting of my own, He managed to talk to me in a way that made me leave the bank with a positive attitude about it thinking all things are possible if you just try. So yes this Man has Nomination for best service employee in Paulding. :clapping: :clapping:

My Vote goes for Mr. Kim Koker @ Movies 278 he is a great guy , always very friendly and also he is always willing to help anyone one out. He greets all his customers with respect and always can manage to cheer anyone up. He is a very joyful person.

He also works at my bank that I use and I recently went there asking about different things like loans and etc, with the economy the way it is currently, I had been down and out for a while thinking I will never have anyhting of my own, He managed to talk to me in a way that made me leave the bank with a positive attitude about it thinking all things are possible if you just try. So yes this Man has Nomination for best service employee in Paulding. :clapping: :clapping:

I DOUBT he works there anymore since he is in jail-----just saying.

Edited to say he may no longer be in jail---could have bailes out, and probably needs the money :lol: but wont get my vote.

Edited by treasure
Pubby----

No one is voting.

What is going on?

Well Treasure... no one is voting because nominations are still open.

People will nominate folks ... and once nominations close we will interview the folks nominated on video and we'll produce a video with the "up to five" finalists ...

We could have 40 nominations ... during this phase ...

That's why it is important for the customer to tell a good story about the person. If there are 35 ... "Oh I think so and so is just wonderful so I nominate them" ... and there are some 'stories' like a few we've already had ... you can bet the one's with the more interesting story is going to get the nomination.

So, tell a story and help your favorite sales clerk, fast-food worker ... win a $100.

pubby

I don't know if a person can only do one person.I do have one more person in mind.

BO

I would like to nominate Bo at Walmart at 278.I have known him for many years and i did work at walmart with him for a while. He greets everyone that crosses his path with a warm smile and welcome. Over all these years he has pushed carts and helped anyone that needed something loaded with out complaining. He does not just say it is over there, he goes out of his way to help you get just what you need. I think he is the most helpful and friendly guy there. I have seen him over the years go out in bad weather, just to get the buggies in for everyone to use. I do know that if an elderly person crosses his path, he will always be glad to help them carry their stuff to their car. He takes the time to listen to what they say. He always remembers everyone when they come back and makes sure he asks how they are. He is a people person for sure. There are not to many people in todays world , that will take the time to care as he does about people and their lives. He makes them feel as if they count. I do know when i have seen him with others, they leave with a smile ,wave or a hug for him. He loves his job and shows pride in what he does. Bo is a good old boy. I could go on but you get the point. I say it could be this young man.

I nominate David Tatum of West Metro Meat. He goes above and beyond to bring great customer service and if you can't find a cut of meat in the case that you want he is always happy to cut it. True customer service...

I nominate Diana McEntyre at Regions bank in downtown Dallas. Six years ago I was in the lawn business and was driving through the drive-thru line at Regions bank . I was in an old pickup truck that was four different colors sitting in a line of new cars when the lady (Clara) at the window called my name over the speaker. I looked up and she ask me when I prayed to pray for Diana . That shocked me and took me by surprise. I wondered how she knew that I prayed. I said who is Diana and she said she is the lady that works in the window next to me. She is in the Hospital with a brain tumor and they are going to have to operate. I found out later that she was asking everyone that came through the line to pray for Diana. Well she had her surgery and came back to work and placed a big sign on the wall behind her head that says [prayers are still answered ]. Every year she has a new sign showing the year . This sign reads[ 6years prayers are still answered ] She is a walking miracle and the sweetest lady you could ever meet. She is always smiling and talks to you like you are her kinfolks. Regions is great to let her post her sign for all to see . Whether she wins here or not she is already a winner in my book.

I don't know if a person can only do one person.I do have one more person in mind.

BO

I would like to nominate Bo at Walmart at 278.I have known him for many years and i did work at walmart with him for a while. He greets everyone that crosses his path with a warm smile and welcome. Over all these years he has pushed carts and helped anyone that needed something loaded with out complaining. He does not just say it is over there, he goes out of his way to help you get just what you need. I think he is the most helpful and friendly guy there. I have seen him over the years go out in bad weather, just to get the buggies in for everyone to use. I do know that if an elderly person crosses his path, he will always be glad to help them carry their stuff to their car. He takes the time to listen to what they say. He always remembers everyone when they come back and makes sure he asks how they are. He is a people person for sure. There are not to many people in todays world , that will take the time to care as he does about people and their lives. He makes them feel as if they count. I do know when i have seen him with others, they leave with a smile ,wave or a hug for him. He loves his job and shows pride in what he does. Bo is a good old boy. I could go on but you get the point. I say it could be this young man.

Bo is the ONLY person I can remember from the old WalMart. I used to go in as a young teen with my sister in law. He was always very helpful and always had a smile and a greeting. When I see him now, he always smiles and asks how we've been doing.

Story about Lori...

we had stopped in one day while we were riding, infact we were on our way to the relay ride that Annette Walker always does.

so we had some time to kill, and we stopped in to see Lori, and she met us outside and hugged our necks there were 5 of us,

she said she had been thinking of us, and wanted to know if we were signed up for the ride, we told her yes, that we were on our way.

she said she was going to be there.. what she did not tell us was that not only was she there,

she was working the boothes, she had donated so many of her items that she could have easliy made money on, but she chose to donate them.

No matter who you were, if you knew her, she made a point to speak to you and hug your neck, and Thank you for being a part of the ride

I know that there was 0ver 200 bikes there that day, but she Thanked everyone indivual and she meant it from her heart.

Lori is just a wonderful Lady who serves this county in so many heart warming ways.

AND she has breakfast for everyone at her shop on Saturdays!!!

Iwould like to nominate a young lady by the name of Carrie. She is a very sweet, kind, caring and understanding person. She is a hard working individual for works for Papa's Johns. I know many Paulding county people have met her, if they have order a pizza, she may have delivered it to your home. If not from there, then you may have met her while she worked for Walmart up in Hiram. You could always count on her to greet you with a smile and to be very helpful to you as a customer are other associates. I have never heard anyone say one unkind thing about her, out of all the years I've known her. Let me just tell you a little about this young lady. Many times while out delivering pizza up in the Dallas area she has stopped to help others that was having vehicle problems. She helped pull a baby out of a wreck car at mother's request. Endangering herself, she didn't worry about it..she was more concerned about mother and baby. Another time she went to deliver pizzas at a person's home. Smoke was coming out of the home. All she could think of is making sure no one was inside. There was a male, asleep in his bed. She got into the home, woke the male up and got him to safety. She has done many things like this, that is just to name a few. Here is other things she has and is doing presently. She has taking on boarders in her home, cause they couldn't afford it anywheres else. She has gone out of her way to help many families in need. From helping them to go back and forth to doctors appointments. Helping a young couple with newborn that had no where to go. She helped them to get a roof over their heads, things the baby needed and get the couple into programs to help them with their baby. Used her own money to assitance them all. She herself has many financial problems to health issues, but she puts others before herself and her needs. You will not hear her complain, cause that is who she is. If we had more people in this world like her, this world would be a better place to live. I vote for her, cause I know she deserves to be recognize for all her hard work and dedication to helping people and lending anyone a hand in time of need. Here's to you Carrie! Keep the good work up! :clapping: