Paulding.com

I wonder if he'll race them? Penske to buy Saturn

I wonder if he'll race them instead of Dodge now? I hope this works out, it will save a lot of jobs, help out GM and keep a great AMERICAN brand on the road.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/05/news/compa...sion=2009060509

Bankrupt automaker General Motors Corp. will sell its Saturn unit to car dealership operator Penske Automotive Group, a person familiar with the situation told CNNMoney.
I wonder if he'll race them instead of Dodge now? I hope this works out, it will save a lot of jobs, help out GM and keep a great AMERICAN brand on the road.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/05/news/compa...sion=2009060509

This is great news. Saturn builds a very nice car.

I think a lot of people were hoping he would buy Pontiac when the rumor was going around he was interested in buying a brand from them. There was even talk (rumors) in the insider rags that he was going to bring Olds back a couple years ago. This should be interesting.

I don`t think Saturn even builds a body style that is approved by nascar.

Indy car,not a chance.

HB.

It was a joke. Although he could do Nascar - just slap a badge on the COT that says Saturn, they are all the same car anyway.

The Spring Hill plant, I guess, is still state of the art. I wonder how much the sale is for?

Can you imagine a Saturn at the Indy 500?

The Spring Hill plant stopped building Saturns in 2007. They built something called a Chevy Traverse? Up until 2004 GM's Spring Hill plant had a separate union agreement with the IAM. But the union voted to have the same contract as the rest of GM. So GM shut the plant down for 18 months and moved Saturn production to other GM plants.

Edited by 474218

Just out of curiosity what year did Nascar stop running Pontiac? I'm wanting to say it was around 2006 because Toyota sorta replaced them and I'm pretty sure Toyota came in around 2007..Correct me if I'm wrong

The Spring Hill plant stopped building Saturns in 2007. They built something called a Chevy Traverse? Up until 2004 GM's Spring Hill plant had a separate union agreement with the IAM. But the union voted to have the same contract as the rest of GM. So GM shut the plant down for 18 months and moved Saturn production to other GM plants.

Way to kill the goose! I've had Saturns since the first year they rolled off. It was fun to order a car and have it built just for you.

This is great news. Saturn builds a very nice car.

YES to both statements!!!

Way to kill the goose! I've had Saturns since the first year they rolled off. It was fun to order a car and have it built just for you.

When I was a kid, that was basically the only way it was done. Bring home a catalog from the dealership, pick out the exterior and interior colors, if you wanted air conditioning, radio, etc, etc. Then the WAIT for it to be delivered. I was telling my kids about this process a few weeks ago and they thought it was funny. But, back in the day, it was a BIG deal!!!! :)

Just out of curiosity what year did Nascar stop running Pontiac? I'm wanting to say it was around 2006 because Toyota sorta replaced them and I'm pretty sure Toyota came in around 2007..Correct me if I'm wrong

It was 2000. Gibbs was one of the last teams to run Pontiacs. We thought it was cool because I worked at the Home Depot in Pontaic Michigan so when you looked at the front of his car it was like he was advertising our store specfically. :lol:

stewart_tony01.jpg

I don`t think Saturn even builds a body style that is approved by nascar.

Indy car,not a chance.

HB.

sprint cup bodies dont look anything like the cars of today. Ive benn to penskes shop moving out some of his machines there was only 2 rooms I couldnt go in. it was wild