Paulding.com

Letter to Paulding teachers and residents from Will Avery

He entered the special election with that huge skeleton in his closet. He KNEW it had the potential to come out and entered anyway. He has humiliated ALL of Paulding County. I have more to say, but not enough time right now.

If you get some time I would love to hear it. I do have a hard time holding something against someone they did many years ago as a teenager. That is just me though and I respect that some could not get past that. It is the "other" that I am interested in. Many I have spoke with about him really like him so I am not getting a complete picture. (and those that don't, JUST bring up the infidelity)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A breath of fresh air! Good to see you in the race, Will!

To my knowledge, no other candidate has claimed to have the answer. An entire building full of Georgia Representatives were unable to fully fund education at anywhere near 2007 levels. I am asking ju

Will,   What do you think about schools subcontracting out services like the After School Program and the middle school sports programs to companies who do not have to follow the strict licensing/ce

You were there, Did your candidate for House District 19 give an answer to the question that was asked him by the moderator?

I think he was focused on one he considered to be more important. I had to leave a little early and did not get to ask him why he answered the way he did.

On the contrary. If you look back through this thread, I have discussed several options that would increase revenue and help protect the jobs of educators. Such solutions are looking at rolling back the tax exemptions that airlines such as Delta receives on their fuel. Airlines are about to get even more tax exemptions from the TSPLOST referendum that is going to be on the ballot statewide in 2012. Or how about a point of sale bill that was proposed by Rep. Dubose Porter but was not allowed to come out of committee. A similar bill enacted in Alabama a few years ago found over 5 billion in unreported sales tax revenue.

You can accuse me of being a Democrat, but you can not accuse me not not coming into this with solutions.

I don't see those as workable options right now which leaves us with raising taxes or creating more debt. I don't want to see either of those things happen. That is why we are in trouble on the Federal level. I can say they are not workable solutions.

I don't see those as workable options right now which leaves us with raising taxes or creating more debt. I don't want to see either of those things happen. That is why we are in trouble on the Federal level. I can say they are not workable solutions.

How, pray tell, are they not "workable?" In Alabama, for example, the Point of Sale bill worked amazingly. To the tune of $1 billion.

• 1 month later...

How, pray tell, are they not "workable?" In Alabama, for example, the Point of Sale bill worked amazingly. To the tune of $1 billion.

I think before I give you an answer to this Will needs to explain just what his version of this would be. He needs to do it in depth too. I think if he does that anyone will be able to see why it won't work and who really is the beneficiary of the point of sale idea.

I think that Paulette should come on here and answer some of these questions, too. You will quickly see who the better choice will be.

Point of sale taxes work. SPLOST certainly helps this county.

He has put forth some ideas and I want him to be specific. Has nothing to do with Paulette and if I were her I would never campaign on P.com.

The party of "no."

I hope they keep saying No to more bailouts and national debt. We can't put people back to work again if we have no one left who is able to employ them except the government. The Democrats are driving companies out of business or out of the country. That is destroying us.

• Like 1

Thankfully we are trying different things to see what works because it obviously wasn't working 2007-2008.

It was working better then than it is now so you have got to be kidding!!!! Right, you are kidding, aren't you? Paying people unemployment instead of promoting Capitalism and jobs is not working. Paying thousands in tax dollars for one stimulus job is not working. Increasing the National Debt by leaps and bounds is not working. Sooner or later Obama and his Congress are going to run out of other people's money. Oh and his wife's lavish vacations and their White House parties are not helping our budget problems one little bit. I wish somebody would say no to that.dry.gif

• Like 1

You have to look at the overall situation. First, there are only about $1.6 billion in all uncollected taxes in the State of Georgia, only a portion of which are sales taxes, and a significant portion which is noncollectable due to dissolution or death, and far below the problem that Alabama had. Second, it shifts the burden (cost) of collection from the state to the local governments, and HB356 offers only a pittance in return. It also allows the individual jurisdictions to hire private collection agencies to do the government's bidding, giving them the power to seek payment as if they were the government. This is a scheme that has proven abusive to the taxpayer and void of redress everywhere it has been tried. Third, it would not significantly reduce the size or cost of the GDOR, which must still collect the dozens of other taxes imposed by the state. Fourth, It assumes that local jurisdictions would be more knowledgeable or more aggressive in the collection of sales tax, which is just another way of saying that the GDOR is not doing it's job as it should.

Lets let the Tax Commission now studying the entire problem do it's work in looking at the complete tax system as a whole, which hasn't been done in Georgia since the 80's. They are looking at tax breaks that may not be useful or performing as they should, and how all taxes are collected and distributed by and for the state. We need true tax reform in this state, not another mish-mash of cobbled together special interest bills or well meaning steps with unintended consequences. Lets catch our breath and allow the commission to do their job. The hard part is going to be when they submit their findings to the Legislature next spring and we see if they have the balls to carry through on what will likely be some painful changes to more than a few sacred cow tax breaks and head scratching regulations. The old saw that it's the Republicans that are responsible for the useless corporate welfare and bureaucratic boondoggles in this state may well be proven just that, an old saw. Whatever they find, lets just get our representatives to pledge to give their recommendations a true and fair shake, regardless of the outcome.

He has put forth some ideas and I want him to be specific. Has nothing to do with Paulette and if I were her I would never campaign on P.com.

Suits me fine. Beverly and Tony chose not to participate in p.com as well. If Paulette wants to hide in a hole and hope the "R" next to her name will elect her then so be it.

I don't see the Obama issue as being hardly relevant on the local level at the State House. We have our current leadership bashing everything coming out of Washington, but gladly cashing the checks.

What we need in District 19 is someone who will represent the taxpaying voters of this district and not just the special interests or "what the leadership wants" as Mr Maxwell has told be before.

Will Avery is someone who will represent those voter/taxpayers and possibly get Paulding some economic development help and assistance with diversifying our tax base to include more industrial to take some of the burden off the homeowner.

I don't see Paulette doing this. I see her carrying on the Jerry Shearin-Virginia Galloway agenda. Maybe they are going to try to hold the door open for Glenn Richardson to make a political comeback. I hope Dale Russell at Fox5 news keeps his film clips of his Susan Richardson interviews in case we need to watch them again in 2 years.

This is this the old "it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" theory?

This is this the old "it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" theory?

No. It's simply I can't think of one good single reason for any candidate to bring their race here.

No. It's simply I can't think of one good single reason for any candidate to bring their race here.

Worked for Shearin in 2004. But he didn't have anything to hide that year. He, like Paulette, didn't want any part of p.com once he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Suits me fine. Beverly and Tony chose not to participate in p.com as well. If Paulette wants to hide in a hole and hope the "R" next to her name will elect her then so be it.

I don't see the Obama issue as being hardly relevant on the local level at the State House. We have our current leadership bashing everything coming out of Washington, but gladly cashing the checks.

What we need in District 19 is someone who will represent the taxpaying voters of this district and not just the special interests or "what the leadership wants" as Mr Maxwell has told be before.

Will Avery is someone who will represent those voter/taxpayers and possibly get Paulding some economic development help and assistance with diversifying our tax base to include more industrial to take some of the burden off the homeowner.

I don't see Paulette doing this. I see her carrying on the Jerry Shearin-Virginia Galloway agenda. Maybe they are going to try to hold the door open for Glenn Richardson to make a political comeback. I hope Dale Russell at Fox5 news keeps his film clips of his Susan Richardson interviews in case we need to watch them again in 2 years.

Be carefull the dark side is at workninja.gif

Worked for Shearin in 2004. But he didn't have anything to hide that year. He, like Paulette, didn't want any part of p.com once he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

There you go again. Innuendo. You do realize we have 3 months. You don't have to get all your slamming out in the first week. I stick to my original comment. I don't think ANY candidate should come here.

There you go again. Innuendo. You do realize we have 3 months. You don't have to get all your slamming out in the first week. I stick to my original comment. I don't think ANY candidate should come here.

I'm not slamming anyone. I am stating facts. I don't think Paulette can field the questions that the people on p.com throw at her. Jerry did, although he was lying through his teeth.

Will Avery has been on here and has answered all the questions.

Madea, I have no reason to slam Paulette. All I want to see is a debate between Will and Paulette with a third party mediator. There is nothing that I could possibly say that would be as revealing as a debate between the two candidates.

• Like 2