The Paulding.com News for Friday, July 10 , 2009

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LR:

I'm sorry but to put the show in text form would require that we transcribe the video interviews which, if you've watched our news, is by far the largest portion of a typical show.

Usually about the only part that is scripted (ever appears in text) are the segues, which are typically short snippets used to introduce the story.

What would be great is if someone would come along and transcribe the news. I believe all the services we have allow for the 'closed captioning' of the content. The big problem would be that we don't have the content together until the last minute.

For instance today we got the notice that there was one arrest in the counterfeit bag case. In the haste of redoing the story, I failed to report that with the one arrest, no further arrests are anticipated.

The point is that by choosing to do the news in that form, we really don't have the resources left to do it in other formats.

pubby

Pubby I can not see the news, (my end) do you have a text version?

I can read..

Thanks

Here is the first 2 stories:

This is the Paulding.com news.

For Friday July 10, 2009. I’m Jeremy Pennock.

First off there has been an update in the Bags N Barks story involving pcom members Steve and Nemie Holland. We have the most up to date info so here is Pubby with that now.

Pubby: We are here with Deputy Brandon Gurley of the Paulding County Sheriff’s Department. We had a search warrant run on a local retailer that happened to be a pcom commerce member do you have any details on that?

Deputy Gurley: Our detectives served that search warrant at 10:45 am. It was at Bags and Barks Boutique on Douglasville hwy. The complaint was initiated by private investigators with our sheriff's office. After an investigation, a search warrant was executed. There was several boxes of suspected counterfeit merchandise which were taken into evidence from that location. Charges are pending in that case. Investigation is ongoing in that case. And again we do expect to file charges later on.

Pubby: Curiosity, is this a serious criminal offense? I mean what kind of penalties are involved?

Deputy Gurley: The investigation will determine what charges are appropriate. Those charges could be misdemeanor or felony. At this point charges have not been filed so we are not going to speculate just yet on the seriousness of the charges that maybe filed. I can say that among the items that were counterfeit that were received from that location , they were name brand representatives in those boxes such as F hardees, Louie baton, Coach, and other name brands were represented among those merchandise.

They also seized documents from the business which contained customer’s information that they had sold counterfeit goods to as well. And all that is put together as evidence in this case.

Pubby: Are people going to have to give this stuff back?

Deputy Gurley: We are not concerned with the customer’s that bought the products. It is highly unlikely we expect the consumer or buyer to know the details of the items they are purchasing are not the real name brand items. The code section applies to those that are reselling replica items that are of a named brand. As long as people that are buying that bought the products are not going out and reselling them, you have very little to worry about.

Pubby: Paulding.com has been in touch with Nemie who says that she and Steve are cooperating fully with the authorities. Despite that, word has been Steve has been picked up on felony charges Friday afternoon. The charge was selling counterfeit goods. The bond amount and time for first appearance were not immediately available. Members of the site had expressed their concerns for the long time members and posted the kind of defense that would make a defense attorney smile as he looked at the list of character witnesses he could call. This is pcom and I am G Patton Hughes.

Our next story also involves the Sheriff’s office as they just released their 6 month activity report. Surprisingly activity is down thanks to some budget issues around the county. Here is Pubby with more in-depth report:

Pubby: I am here with Deputy Gurley with the Paulding county sheriff’s office. You all just released the report 2009 activity for 6 months. You all been busy?

Deputy Gurley: We have been very busy. We have release that first 6 months, it covers January through June 2009. It also a comparison to compare our numbers where we are at now compared to the first 6 months in 08.

Pubby: I imagine you have a little less activity this year because of the budget restraints.

Deputy Gurley: We have seen areas where the numbers have decreased slightly. Other areas the numbers have increased slightly. For the most part the numbers have seemed to be running close hand to hand between the 2 years. Surprisingly we have experienced cutbacks in the sheriff’s office in an attempt to help with the budge restraint’s the county has been under. Things of that nature we seen an increase in the number of citations we have issued during the first six months of this year as compared to last year. However, we also seen an increase in the number of accidents.

Pubby: How many miles did you have to patrol per month?

Deputy Gurley: The number of miles that we patrol has gone down this year compared to the first six months as opposed to last year. We are trying to limit the mileage we are on the road, in-between calls and things of that nature. Again, trying to conserve our gas and money.

Pubby: Well, how about things like robberies and shoplifting. Those types of things people maybe concerned about are those up, down, or about the same?

Deputy Gurley: For the most part those categories are run about the same. We seen a few less burglaries this year so far as compared to last year. We seen additional armed robberies in 08 we responded to 15 armed robberies. So far in 09 we responded to 17 so we are very close in numbers. We haven’t seen a tremendous increase or a tremendous decrease in any of those property crimes or crimes against a person.

Pubby: Some of the folks that look at the stats before publishing seems like there are more suicides. Is there anything like that going on?

Deputy Gurley: Thus far we have not seen at all an increase in suicides going on, and I know I received a question has the economic status of the county or people getting laid off play into the number of suicides we are handling. Actually, we have worked fewer suicides in the first six months of 2009 then we did in the first 6 months in 2008. I have not seen an increase in the amount of suicide attempts or threats that have come through the sheriff’s office.

Pubby: Paulding continues to grow although not quite as rapidly as it did 2 or 3 years ago is that the reason for any increases we are seeing?

Deputy Gurley: We do have a larger population, as of July 1, 2007, the population estimate according the census bureau was approximately 128 thousand people. On July 1, 2008, the population estimate was just under 133 thousand people in Paulding County. We remain ranked the 15th largest county in Georgia in population. That was the case for the estimate in 2007 as well as the estimate in July 2008.

Pubby: So is the Sheriff’s office actually staying the same or growing in this period or what?

Deputy Gurley: We are remaining about the same. We seem to be filling our vacant positions recently. We have not had a lot of addition positions again due to the economic

Stance that the county is in but we are filling more of our vacant positions. We currently have 274 employees with the sheriff’s office and that’s between the sheriff’s office and detention center.

Pubby: in as morale, I know the county’s proposed budget for next year is eliminating 6 – 7 paid holidays, are people still positive about the job?

Deputy Gurley: I think for the most part everyone is thankful to have a job not only in the time that the county is in but as our nation is in with the economic crisis if you will . I haven’t seen a decrease in morale. I can’t speak for everyone in the department but there again everyone is trying to do their part to help the county pull out of the economic crisis we are currently seeing.

Pubby: you are all doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Edited by jmd
So where is the picture of steve behind bars Like you did to LB????????Come on, where is the honesty in journelism?

JLH: Ever heard of logistics?

LB was arrested earlier in the week and her photo was available. When I got the call on Steve, frankly, he was still in the car being transported to the SO when I was editing the story at about 4:00. I didn't have a mug shot available and I didn't expect him to be processed until after air time.

Is everything a conspiracy with you? Dang.

pubby

JLH: Ever heard of logistics?

LB was arrested earlier in the week and her photo was available. When I got the call on Steve, frankly, he was still in the car being transported to the SO when I was editing the story at about 4:00. I didn't have a mug shot available and I didn't expect him to be processed until after air time.

Is everything a conspiracy with you? Dang.

pubby

Be creative man, I know there are pictures of steve on pcom. Photobucket is your friend. LOL. I'm just saying. ;)

Thank you back.....btw I am a girl! :p

:rofl:

Well at least this time Pubby started the topic and no one can blame me for inciting the mases <_<

LB is doing well and has moved on with her life, I hope that Steve and Nemie are able to do the same.

Do you think England will take felons from the us after they sent them all here and to austraila so many years ago?????

Be creative man, I know there are pictures of steve on pcom. Photobucket is your friend. LOL. I'm just saying. ;)

:rofl:

There is a picture of Steve with two of his pups just a couple of topics down under the "Good Vibes" topic. Just a FYI.

Do you think England will take felons from the us after they sent them all here and to austraila so many years ago?????

Dude...you are so going to have the Pcom natzis jumping on you...5,4,3,2....

Or maybe not....maybe you are more loved then I am :(

There is a picture of Steve with two of his pups just a couple of topics down under the "Good Vibes" topic. Just a FYI.

Pretty sure the pups did not sell any merchandise ;)

I believe you were beginning to get the blame yesterday before the topic went *poof*

oh I know I was...all because I came on here to ask why there were so many cop cars at the boutique....I thought they had been robbed :unknw: but some on here were quite sure I had bad intentions by asking....whatever....so now Pubby has a full blown news story, including the fact that Steve has been arrested. :wacko:

Guest Oscar

I'll tell ya'll this, Pubby is a fair man. He is indeed a JOURNALIST ... and maybe someday in the words of Carlos Mencia, he is an "equal opportunity journalist." So for those of you who decide to bring up people from the past....

deedeedee.jpg

Those people probably would have rather wished to be on the "fallen off the face of pcom" list ... but instead, you'll have a multitude of people looking up past threads to see whatthetruck we are talking about.

Nice going! Look, I've even contributed to it too! :rolleyes:

Several things make your post an ignorant comment:

First, Steve is a British citizen

Second, Steve is presumed innocent until found guilty.

Third, ICE typically deports people to their home country.

Fourth, the SO reports Nemie is not charged and will not be charged in this matter.

Fifth, I would be surprised if the prosecution of this case is a high priority and there is no guarantee that there will even be a final adjudication of this event.

Sixth: Steve came here recently I wonder if you know about Georgia and Australia's history as penal colonies because your family came here 'many years ago

pubby

Fourth, the SO reports Nemie is not charged and will not be charged in this matter.

Fifth, I would be surprised if the prosecution of this case is a high priority and there is no guarantee that there will even be a final adjudication of this event.

Sixth: Steve came here recently I wonder if you know about Georgia and Australia's history as penal colonies because your family came here 'many years ago

pubby

HEHE...you said PENAL.....:inmybestbevisandbuttheadvoice:

ironic that pubby warned us so staunchly about speaking ill of these perfectly legal hand bags.

OK, now you have me wanting to change my name to a bunch of stars ;)

Well, you can count to six, can you make it past ten with your shoes on? Please tell me you don't want to personally attack me or my family again. I may take it as slander or possibly sue you for lible.......

Pubby personally attacked you??? say it ain't so :o

pubby

Just pointing and laughing.... :p