Want to be in a MOVIE as and Extra!

NOTICE FROM PRODUCER

EXTRA CALL

FOR BIG PARTY POSTPONED

FROM SUNDAY

UNTIL WEDNESDAY

read post made at 6:55p 02/27/09 in topic for details

BE A PART OF “GET LOW”! `

February 26, 2009. (Dallas, Georgia). The independent feature, “Get Low,” starring Oscar Award-winning Robert Duvall (Tender Mercies), Golden Globe winner Bill Murray (Lost In Translation), Oscar Award-winning Sissy Spacek (Coal Miner’s Daughter) and Lucas Black (Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift, Sling Blade), invites people of all ages to be extras in the big funeral party scene to be shot this Sunday, March 1, at Pickett’s Mill State Park in Dallas, Georgia.

Given that the story takes place in the 1930s, the production is looking for people to dress as if they are indeed going to a big outdoors party that takes place in February/March 1935 or so. Details regarding appropriate wardrobe, hair and makeup needed in order to be a part of the scene can be found at www.getlowextras.com. People who arrive dressed appropriately will enjoy free food and drink, plus raffled prizes, and music from the Grammy-nominated bluegrass band, Steeldrivers, as well as a chance to be in a movie with Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, Sissy Spacek and Lucas Black.

“Get Low” is set in the 1930s in rural America. Felix Bush, played by Robert Duvall, is a hermit who has sequestered himself on his mountain for over forty years. It’s a shock to the local town when he comes riding in, shotgun in hand, and heads to the funeral parlor run by the greedy, fast-talking Frank Quinn, played by Bill Murray. Bush’s intent: he wants to throw a funeral for himself while he is alive.

Buddy Robinson, played by Lucas Black, is the apprentice learning the funeral business from Frank, and is uncomfortable with Bush’s unorthodox request. Everyone in town either fears him or hates him. Mattie Darrow, played by Sissy Spacek, is a widow who has returned to her hometown, and knew Bush during her youth. She is equally shocked by Bush’s desire to throw a party for a bunch of people that don’t know him. Everyone wants to know—WHY?

The production is looking to have as many as people as possible, dressed in 1930s attire, to be in the scene that is the ‘funeral party’ for Bush which will shoot on Sunday, March 1, at Pickett’s Mill State Park in Dallas, Georgia.

“Get Low” is being directed by Aaron Schneider who won the Academy Award® in 2003 for his short, Two Soldiers. Chris Provenzano (Mad Men) wrote the original screenplay that C. Gaby Mitchell (Blood Diamond) reworked for the stellar cast. Produced by Dean Zanuck (Road To Perdition) of The Zanuck Company, the other key behind-the-scenes team includes Emmy Award-winning Cinematographer David Boyd (Deadwood), Academy Award-nominated Production Designer Geoffrey Kirkland (The Right Stuff, Children Of Men) and twice Oscar-nominated Costume Designer Julie Weiss (Frida, Twelve Monkeys).

Shooting in small towns near Atlanta, Georgia, since Feb. 2, 2009, the movie is being financed by XS Strategies, Lara Enterprises and TVN. K5 International will handle foreign sales. Principal photography is due to wrap on March 5, 2009.

For further information to be an extra this Sunday, March 1, please go to http://www.getlowextras.com or call extras casting at (404) 419-6972.

Those wanting to participate need to be ready for an early morning. The shooting will begin at about daybreak, according to the site.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going, I think it will be a blast!!

I was fitted earlier this week for my attire. LPPT you wanna get together and help each other pin curl our hair? I remember my mom doing it when I was a kid but I don't know if I can do all of mine myself!

I have to be there at 3:30am sunday or I'd say we'd ride together.

I was fitted earlier this week for my attire. LPPT you wanna get together and help each other pin curl our hair? I remember my mom doing it when I was a kid but I don't know if I can do all of mine myself!

Sounds like a plan, I am raiding my closet, I actually have my great grandmothers hat from that era.

Me, too! Although, I gotta tell you, I think I may be better to just stay up Saturday night. I'm so not a morning person! I wonder what the movie will be like when all of us attending the funeral look like we have hangovers?!?! :lol:

Sounds like a plan, I am raiding my closet, I actually have my great grandmothers hat from that era.

Cool. What time you want me to come over?

I'm going to pick up some bobby pins and stuff tomorrow. Want me to pick up anything for you?

Me, too! Although, I gotta tell you, I think I may be better to just stay up Saturday night. I'm so not a morning person! I wonder what the movie will be like when all of us attending the funeral look like we have hangovers?!?! :lol:

I've thought about just staying up myself. I think it would be easier than making myself get out of bed that early.

Cool. What time you want me to come over?

I'm going to pick up some bobby pins and stuff tomorrow. Want me to pick up anything for you?

Not sure, I thought I my roll my hair on small rollers to get the waves.

I am more worried about the clothes, I haven't checked, wanna pop over and help me go through the closet?

I am more worried about the clothes, I haven't checked, wanna pop over and help me go through the closet?

I'm already in my pj's....can we plan for me to come tomorrow sometime?

My info said pin curls. I've been researching online all afternoon for pincurls. I think I can do it on mine and I'm certain I can on someone else. My hair is so long, so it might be hard.

Nanny,

Weather will be a factor in that it is expected to be in the low to mid 40's that morning. That is really good news because an overcoat is appropriate part of the 'costume.'

The main extras ... closest to the camera ... are dressed in the authentic period attire. Those who aren't good for the closer shots will be pushed back and away from the camera ... but those are the ones that are mainly being sought in this call. What they're looking for in this call are folks for the deep background ... the big sweeping shots where detail is not as important ... but where the impression is that there were hundreds if not thousands in attendance. No Falcon Jackets or shiny silver jogging pants and mid-calf skirts or dresses with the seedy overcoats for women ... not flashy and maybe with a hat. Here is the page on their site they're using for guidance. http://www.getlowextras.com/wardrobe-descr...and-photos.html

When I went to do the interview, I've was wearing my straw hat, a tan cotton jacket and black cotton pants and black shoes and socks and with the exception of the golf shirt, I was told what I was wearing would work. I.e. I just needed a shirt ... probably a white one or even a flannel shirt (it will be cold so that was a possibility).

Women could just need a mid-length dress ... we're talking depression here and a quasi-funeral for someone you don't know ... but free food :) A winter coat of the general style would probably cover up you enough to get in.

I mean their holding a party and while I suspect they'll reject someone in jogging gear ... a good faith effort ... no sneakers, (dark clunky leather shoes or boots) ... no Braves Hat and no sweat pants ... will get you in. Guys can probably get by with overalls and denim pants.

What they want and need are bodies and they're going to need them Sunday morning but also some on Monday morning too. Those who have the better costumes will just be closer to the action. (There were over 10,000 folks at the real deal back in 1937 and they're going to try and recreate that sense as best they can.)

I told him pcom can bring them 200-300 folks so come on rather than not.

Anyway, I've got an interview with the producer, Dean Zunack that will be playing in tomorrow's news.

I can tell you from my fitting yesterday that you would be safe with a white or off white blouse that buttons all the way up, a straight - ish skirt that is mid calf. If you have a wool coat that is dark colored that would work. And wear stockings and rounded toe shoes.

Ohhh I wonder if I saw you...I was there too :ph34r: :blush:

That wasn't her, The Rev. ;)

KidzArt, it said you could also use permanent rollers to get the waves. Finger waves are also appropriate--and there's lots of info online about how to create them.

Let me suggest--before you "think" you can do pin curls, experiment before the actual filming day. I experimented last night, and I must have done it wrong--I had a HUGE 'fro when I took them out and combed it! :lol:

They also said no red in the stuff they sent me, which is odd, because the dress they fitted me to wear has red on it. Not much, and not bright red, but it has red.

Strange. I'd say it's probably safest not to wear bright red, or for that matter, bright anything.

Edited by TabbyCat
That wasn't her, The Rev. ;)

KidzArt, it said you could also use permanent rollers to get the waves. Finger waves are also appropriate--and there's lots of info online about how to create them.

Let me suggest--before you "think" you can do pin curls, experiment before the actual filming day. I experimented last night, and I must have done it wrong--I had a HUGE 'fro when I took them out and combed it! :lol:

They also said no red in the stuff they sent me, which is odd, because the dress they fitted me to wear has red on it. Not much, and not bright red, but it has red.

Strange. I'd say it's probably safest not to wear bright red, or for that matter, bright anything.

:rofl:

Have I told ya how much I :wub: ya?

Ok this is what I found in my closet, pretty sure the hat and coat are from that era, I will work on the hair that should be easy with mine.

I need feedback as to whether this is the correct era, and if it be to much for what they are looking for.

I may have to shop if not.

money002.jpg

Ok this is what I found in my closet, pretty sure the hat and coat are from that era, I will work on the hair that should be easy with mine.

I need feedback as to whether this is the correct era, and if it be to much for what they are looking for.

money002.jpg

I'm not sure about the hat...though I do wonder why you had it in your closet! :rofl:

They said nude hose.

When they fit me, they made a big deal about my coat being as long as my dress. I must have tried on 10 coats before they found one they were happy with.

I know, I'm no help. But nude hose. :)

I'm not sure about the hat...though I do wonder why you had it in your closet! :rofl:

They said nude hose.

When they fit me, they made a big deal about my coat being as long as my dress. I must have tried on 10 coats before they found one they were happy with.

I know, I'm no help. But nude hose. :)

Ok the hat and coat beloned to my grandmother, I thought it was around that period.

I will look in the attic, I don't have any button down shirts or long skirts cause I am short.

Dang just dang! I wanna go, but I'm not sure if I want to shop to go :lol:

Try again LPPT....no fur!

Its a poor funeral.....think burlap bag type materials and wool

They fitted me in a wool or wool type skirt about shin length, cream or peach colored blouse and a green sweater

Can you buy wool in the south :rofl:

money002.jpg

OK THIS IS NOW THE POSTER FOR WHAT WILL NOT WORK :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok the hat and coat beloned to my grandmother, I thought it was around that period.

I will look in the attic, I don't have any button down shirts or long skirts cause I am short.

Dang just dang! I wanna go, but I'm not sure if I want to shop to go :lol:

You need a slim, bland skirt. Actually, the one you had in the picture isn't too bright, but I'm not sure it would be long enough or straight enough. The one they have me wearing is about three inches above my ankle. I have a button down shirt you can borrow. We wear the same size.

In fact, the shirt I have that you can borrow is almost identical to several they assigned others while I was there, including The Rev.

Just let me know how to get it to you if you want to use it. :)

It's beige, so it will go with anything.

Edited by TabbyCat

yup you can

Try a big thriftstore like GoodWill or Value Village.....checked by most of the smaller ones today and didn't see anything that'd work...but we didn't really look for outfits just specific things (slips, longjohns)

And no jewelry including earrings and any rings....except a single SIMPLE strand of pearls.....

yup you can

Try a big thriftstore like GoodWill or Value Village.....checked by most of the smaller ones today and didn't see anything that'd work...but we didn't really look for outfits just specific things (slips, longjohns)

And no jewelry including earrings and any rings....except a single SIMPLE strand of pearls.....

And no heavy makeup...they want a natural, poor look.

:lol:

yup you can

I do got pearls :yahoo:

Thanks to my oh so traditional hubby!

And no heavy makeup...they want a natural, poor look.

:lol:

I think I had the make up right sinc most of it worn off by 6 :p

money002.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :p