Paulding.com

My son brought home a notice today that one of his teachers at Austin Middle School was killed this morning on his way to the school. My son loved this teacher and he and everyone at the school have been very upset by it all day.

They did have counselors there today and the notice said they will also have them there again tomorrow. At the time of the notice-no arrangements had been finalized-but I am sure if I don't post it here-someone will. Please remember the kids, teachers and of course his family at this time in your prayers!!

Bayne was my best friend. A retired USN Commander, he had a heart for the kids. After retiring from the Navy, he volunteered in prisons, helping prisoners to improve their education. This eventually led him to pursue a new career in education. He will be missed. Prayers for his wife, Deborah, the family and the school system are fervently solicited. Thank you all

[Mr.] Dana R Freeman, retired teacher from the north, but now home at last.

My son brought home a notice today that one of his teachers at Austin Middle School was killed this morning on his way to the school. My son loved this teacher and he and everyone at the school have been very upset by it all day.

They did have counselors there today and the notice said they will also have them there again tomorrow. At the time of the notice-no arrangements had been finalized-but I am sure if I don't post it here-someone will. Please remember the kids, teachers and of course his family at this time in your prayers!!

Bayne was my best friend. A retired USN Commander, he had a heart for the kids. After retiring from the Navy, he volunteered in prisons, helping prisoners to improve their education. This eventually led him to pursue a new career in education. He will be missed. Prayers for his wife, Deborah, the family and the school system are fervently solicited. Thank you all

[Mr.] Dana R Freeman, retired teacher from the north, but now home at last.

How old of a guy was Bayne?

Bayne was 59 with two grown daughters.

It's terrible news for the family and for the community. It's truly saddening to see quality people, contributing so much to our society (nothing more important than good teachers, especially in middle school)

taken early. My condolences to all, because it's a common loss.

Mr. Smith was such an asset to Austin. He did the announcing at the football games and he dressed up as Santa Claus for the kids of Austin's teachers. He contributed so much to his school and he will be terribly missed. :(

The information I am receiving for his funeral is he will have a burial at sea (a former Navy man) and a memorial service for the community.

I honestly hope that when I go, that I will be remembered half as well as this man. Every person I have read about, or spoken with have such beautiful things to say about Mr. Smith. I did not have the pleasure of knowing him, only a quick hello at the school in passing. He has touched so many lives! It is so incredibly sad that those that are such wonderful assets to the world get taken so soon.

May his family, friends, and everyone touched by him know that he is in the wonderful arms of the Lord, the place that he worked all his life to get to. What an awesome reward he has received!

Edited by someone's sunshine
I honestly hope that when I go, that I will be remembered half as well as this man. Every person I have read about, or spoken with have such beautiful things to say about Mr. Smith. I did not have the pleasure of knowing him, only a quick hello at the school in passing. He has touched so many lives! It is so incredibly sad that those that are such wonderful assets to the world get taken so soon.

May his family, friends, and everyone touched by him know that he is in the wonderful arms of the Lord, the place that he worked all his life to get to. What an awesome reward he has received!

Someone's sunshine, you said it perfectly. As the tears stream down my face, I pray for this family & his students. I know he is in God's loving arms now.

As a Para Pro that was blessed to say that I worked with Bayne, I can say that he was a truely WONDERFUL Man. He showed ALL of the kids he worked with that they were important, smart, and very able to succeed at anything that they attempted.

The Paulding County School System has lost not only a phenominal person, but an unreplacable educator.

To his wife and family, I say that my thoughts and prayers are with you now and in the days to come.

My 7th grader said Mr Smith worked as the assistant in her Team's Social Studies class. She had nothing but good things to say about him. She said alot of her class cried when they got the news about 9:30 yesterday.

My daughter is in the same class. :D