Paulding.com

To all who knew Trey Brown

TO THE FAMILY OF TREY BROWN:

THIS IS JASON BRAGG. I GREW UP IN POPLAR SPRINGS BAPTIST CHURCH. MY FATHER WAS ONE OF THE REASONS HOW I MET TREY AND . TREY WAS IN HIS YOUTH GROUP. I AM NOW IN THE ARMY CURRENTLY OVERSEAS, JUST GETTING BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN. I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. MY FATHER HAD CALLED ME JUST THE OTHER DAY AND TOLD ME OF THIS. I AM SO SORRY THAT I COULD NOT BE THERE TO OFFER SUPPORT IN YOUR TIME OF MOURNING. I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are deeply saddened by this tragedy. Trey was like a brother to both of us and we have missed not seeing him for so long. Life has a way a seperating people but we never stopped loving and caring about him. We are so glad that he found someone to love. If not for Trey we would have never started dating and as it happened we got married the same weekend as him and Lauren.

There are endless stories that we could tell about the guy that was in the middle of everything. If we weren't there to see some of the stuff, we never would have believed. We spent many hours with Trey and Brittany. We saw almost every movie and learned about every item not on the menu at red lobster ( and even ate bread and water for free).

Ours prayers are with Decon Don, Lisa and Brittany as well as the rest of your family.

Love ALways!!!!

I used to work at Sonic, next to Carl Black and Trey would always ride the golf cart over and want "free" drinks, we had lots of fun! Which we always gave the carl black guys free drinks b/c they did stand out in the hot sun all day! He was a very nice guy and I'm so sorry for the losses the families have had! My prayers are being sent and may God Bless each family!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this very difficult time. Trey was such a wonderful young man with a heart of gold. I had the pleasure of teaching him his sophmore year at PCHS. He made my first year so memorable with his quick wit and charming smile. I don't think I ever saw Trey without a smile. Trey will certainly be missed.

I didn't know Trey personally, but my nephews went to school with him and said that Trey was quite a guy..everyone liked him and vice versa. I am glad the pictures were posted; I remember seeing him around-what a great smile! I am sorry for your loss; my prayers and my heart goes out to Trey's family, and his friends. As you know, you will be together again, and you must keep this in your heart. God bless you.

Does anyone know what happened to them yet ??

they looked like such wonderful people.

I don't think the family wants to let that news be known, I would let them say. It is a very tragic thing that happened. I can undersatnd why they would like to keep this to themselves.

I went to school with Trey and was just a year older than him. He was a great guy and when I would hang out after school for practice he would be there after football practice making jokes as always as well as the football games. He was a great guy and dated a good friend of mine in high school. He was always a true gentleman and I am sad to hear the news. I am glad to see that he went into the service because I could always see that as being something he would be good at. I am sorry to the family for your loss but you raised a great son.

I don't think the family wants to let that news be known, I would let them say. It is a very tragic thing that happened. I can undersatnd why they would like to keep this to themselves.

I am Trey's dad... We are not afraid of the news.. The news story from a local Texas newspaper was posted under another thread last week on this site, do a search. This thread was for memories of our son, not a discussion of the tragedy.

We thank you all who continue to put your memories of Trey on this link. Some we have heard before, but some are new to us.

Please keep us in your prayers. I am currently in Texas handling the business of his estate, and will return home tomorrow.

Absolutely! I wish the busy bodies would just leave this thread alone.

I want to say that I have heard several people say the same thing...you never saw Trey w/o a smile on his face! I never knew him but he sounds like he was an awesome guy!!

Prayers are continuing for your family.

I am Trey's dad... We are not afraid of the news.. The news story from a local Texas newspaper was posted under another thread last week on this site, do a search. This thread was for memories of our son, not a discussion of the tragedy.

We thank you all who continue to put your memories of Trey on this link. Some we have heard before, but some are new to us.

Please keep us in your prayers. I am currently in Texas handling the business of his estate, and will return home tomorrow.

No harm meant, I am very sorry for your loss. Please don't take what I was saying as I was trying to be rude. :(

Edited by Ruthie500
No harm meant, I am very sorry for your loss. Please don't take what I was saying as I was trying to be rude. :(

Hi Ruthie500,

This is Trey's Mom. I thought what you said was very appropriate and I appreciated your post.

All of you have been very supportive. Please continue to pray for us in the coming days. This has been a rough time. These last few days have been especially hard for Don, having to go to Texas and settle the estate. Trey's Air Force buddies came through once again, however, and did invite him to the squadron and shared stories. We also found out that in addition to the last medal presented at his funeral, Trey had received one from the Army about two weeks ago. He had mentioned it to me, but had acted like it was "no big deal" but when the Commander told Don about it, he said it was a big deal.

We were able to find a loving home for Roxie and Tank, Trey's beloved Old English Bulldogs. I'm happy that they will be staying together.

If any of you would like to do something in Trey's memory, donations can be made to:

IMWRF

Send to: Mr. Nicholas Johnsen

Dir. of MWR

P.O. Box X

Ft. Hood, Texas 76544

and mark somewhere that it is In Memory of SrA Trey Brown (or you can put SrA Donald Brown III).

This is the Family Advocacy Center at Fort Hood, Texas.

Again, Thank you to everyone for your support and prayers. We are loving these stories about Trey. Thank you again.

Love,

Lisa