Mr. Clifford Alan "Cliff" Branson

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GEORGIA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX-770-505-7273

NEWSPAPER OBIT

BRANSON

Clifford “Cliff” Alan Branson age 44 of Dallas, GA died Saturday July 22, 2006. Funeral services will be 1:00 p.m. Wednesday at West Ridge Church in Hiram with Pastor Dave Cole officiating, Mr. Branson will lie in state at the church from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, burial will be in Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia.

Cliff was a helicopter pilot with the United States Army.

Survivors include wife, Deborah “Debbie” Branson of Dallas; daughter, Kaitlyn Branson of Dallas; sons, Jeremy Branson, Jordan Branson and Jayden Branson all of Dallas; father, James Millard Branson of Hillsdale, Michigan; mother, Gloria Jean Lee of The Villages, Florida; sister, Amy Fata of Noblesville, Indiana; brothers, Mark Branson of Naples, Florida; Joel Branson of Illinois; Evan English of Vero Beach, Florida; paternal grandmother, Ethelyn McCardle of Mississippi;.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Branson Children’s College Fund, Community Trust Bank, 3848 Atlanta Highway, Hiram, Georgia 30141. 770-445-1014

The family will receive friends at the funeral home Tuesday from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, Georgia is in charge of arrangements. 770-445-7133

Was this combat related? God Bless Him and his family.

No. We were told by our pastor Sunday morning that he had a heart-attack while playing soccer Saturday morning.

He and his wife own the UPS store in New Hope.

Prayers go out to his family.

Cliff was a good man. I can't say enough good things about him. He had a deep sense of doing the right thing & was the same no matter where you met him. His wife & kids are super & can be very proud of Cliff as a husband & father. I count it an honor to have Cliff as a friend.

I'll miss you, buddy, but you won't be forgotten.

Was this combat related? God Bless Him and his family.

My husband knows Cliff, he is a Chief Warrant Officer at Dobbins, my husband is Army Nat. Guard also, we got the e mail Sunday morning at a couples workshop we were at in Atlanta. He did have a heart attack while doing PT, he was a very highly respected man, my husband was and is upset by his sudden death. He was so young. My husband and most of his unit are going to the funeral tomorrow in Dallas, but he will be buried at Arlington at a later date. Please say many prayers for this family.

I accidently posted his funeral in Dallas was today, sorry, it is tomorrow, I just goofed!!

Edited by Ash
Cliff was a great guy. He loved his family so much. He was generous to a fault, honorable (even when no one was looking) and had a wicked sense of humor.

He'll be missed.

yes he was.. I met Debbie when we first started looking for a bigger house and we became friends.. She was so kind and sweet.. When I found out I was pregnant I remember Debbie being so giddy when she told Cliff he was very pleased for us..Then the next thing I knew Debbie was expecting too 2 months after me.. I remember him glowing just as much as Debbie..

We both had boys...he was so proud of his family and truly loved them and knew he was blessed..

this past December my oldest went to NY we arrived late at the airport and she could only make her plane if she did not take her bag.. I called Cliff the next morning to see what could be done it was Saturday.. He told me to come on down and he would take care of me.. He did he got that bag first thing Monday Morning for me.. at a very reasonable rate too..He went out of his way to help get it there and to be able to afford it too...

God Bless you Cliff and my prayers and Love to Debbie and the kids.. :wub: :wub: :wub:

My husband knows Cliff, he is a Chief Warrant Officer at Dobbins, my husband is Army Nat. Guard also, we got the e mail Sunday morning at a couples workshop we were at in Atlanta. He did have a heart attack while doing PT, he was a very highly respected man, my husband was and is upset by his sudden death. He was so young. My husband and most of his unit are going to the funeral tomorrow in Dallas, but he will be buried at Arlington at a later date. Please say many prayers for this family.

I accidently posted his funeral in Dallas was today, sorry, it is tomorrow, I just goofed!!

I thought this was the same man my husband was talking about...His Army National Guard Unit attended the funeral of the little girl that drowned last week..He said that when they got back to the base someone told them about one of the guys having a heart attack during PT...This is so sad...My prayers are with the family.

No. We were told by our pastor Sunday morning that he had a heart-attack while playing soccer Saturday morning.

He and his wife own the UPS store in New Hope.

Prayers go out to his family.

i saw the sign on the door @ the ups store and wondered ....

how sad. i am so sorry to hear this. my thoughts and prayers will be with his family.

Shocked to hear about Cliff Sunday at church. I can't think of a better guy, one who has a great relationship with his God, serves his country, loves his family, friendly, so giving, a true testimony for what a man should be. I met Cliff a few years back when our sons played ball together at New Hope, at the first introduction you walk away knowing that this is a great guy. The funeral home was packed last night, another evidence of what an awesome guy he is and a great family.

Prayers for the family! Looking forward to seeing him again!

I thought this was the same man my husband was talking about...His Army National Guard Unit attended the funeral of the little girl that drowned last week..He said that when they got back to the base someone told them about one of the guys having a heart attack during PT...This is so sad...My prayers are with the family.

Yeah, he was a helicopter pilot. So scary to lose someone like this, no warning. The family needs many prayers to deal with this loss.

My best friend told me about this loss this past weekend. When I spoke to her today after the funeral it reduced me to many tears.

I didn't realize that I had met this man on several occaisions. Most recently when I had to ship something via UPS. He was the most kindest man I have met in along time. I had a fairly large item I was shipping and he told me that he would pack it up after I left so I wouldn't have to wait. In the mean time I saw a picture on a calander of another man I knew and he said he lead their bible study meetings. We laughed about the picture and I went on my way. My heart goes out to the family and they are in my thoughts and prayers.