Paulding.com

Full video of last night

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You sound just like David himself...who showed up at my job on Feb. 7, 2014 to try and to get my boss to sensor my facebook post!!! Praise the Lord I have a boss who believes that I too have the right

I respect all the speakers that spoke at the meetings both pro and con. I particularly enjoyed the Comments that Todd Pownall made at the evening session, he was very respectful, concise and to the po

I very much agree with your above statements. It is a sad state of affairs when one has to resort to continually using the word "crap" to attempt to get a point across.

For your viewing pleasure.

If folks are not outraged over this massive power they should be.

Come on commissioners wake up and see what is happening around you. It is past time to put a stop to the Austin Brothers POWER GRAB!!!!

We do not want to spend another $67,000,000 dollars for three jobs and a airport to no where!!!!

• Like 1

For your viewing pleasure.

I just listened to last nights BOC meeting and have NEVER been so ashamed of someone as I was of Patti Smith and the way she confronted and insulted the board and especially Chairman David Austin. Calling him names like "King David" was ridiculous and showed nothing but a CLASSLESS woman intent on doing nothing more than stroking her own ego and promoting her website. SHAME on you Ms. Smith, you offered in your "speech" you offered to move back to Atlanta...PLEASE DO and as quickly as possible. This crap has got to stop and stop now. You Ms. Patti Smith are a problem and a detriment to Paulding County, you need to SHUT UP NOW and LEAVE!

• Like 1

Everyone has a right to free speech.  Patti Smith is an island to herself.  She has every right via the first amendment to express her opinion in the way she sees fit.    I do appreciate Chairman Austin and the rest of the commissioners allowing her to exercise that right.    

While you may not agree with what she says or maybe even how she says it, please do not infringe on her first amendment rights.    Not everyone's behavior is always acceptable by the general population.    I can think of a few here that have taken the same stance in support of the airport.  Those that live in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.    

Yes, I have allowed myself to do things I'm not proud of. I will however make a larger effort to conduct myself in a reasonable and honorable way.

While some want to focus on Patti's speech, there was a lot more going on at this meeting that what any of the speakers had to say.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

Everyone has a right to free speech.  Patti Smith is an island to herself.  She has every right via the first amendment to express her opinion in the way she sees fit.    I do appreciate Chairman Austin and the rest of the commissioners allowing her to exercise that right.    

While you may not agree with what she says or maybe even how she says it, please do not infringe on her first amendment rights.    Not everyone's behavior is always acceptable by the general population.    I can think of a few here that have taken the same stance in support of the airport.  Those that live in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.    

Yes, I have allowed myself to do things I'm not proud of. I will however make a larger effort to conduct myself in a reasonable and honorable way.

While some want to focus on Patti's speech, there was a lot more going on at this meeting that what any of the speakers had to say.

"Tundra"...I have NO problem (of course) with her or anyone expressing their opinion, speaking at the meetings, etc. BUT Patti has taken it to a new level...she is soliciting support not for her agenda (the commercialization of Silver Comet Field) but for her personal website and herself. If you are going to request time to speak at one of the meetings, in a public forum, you should professionally speak to the issue and not go on the attack as she has and did.

The BOC is a board of professional business men who have made it a point in their lives to move away from their respective businesses and take care of the business of the county. Each has their own personal reasons for doing this and they should be respected for their efforts. They are doing what they think is the right and correct course for Paulding County and are in NO WAY trying to harm the county or its taxpayers as she asserts.

Yes, she has a different issue because of where her house and property is located...no argument there! BUT, the solution is not what she has undertaken and is doing nothing but causing unneeded stress and controversy in getting the matter resolved. The Airport is NOT GOING ANYWHERE...it is already there! The Airport is going to grow and prosper in spite of her distractions and the better avenue at this point is finding a solution to living WITH the Airport instead of disrupting EVERY meeting as she continues to do.

Her situation is unique and she has that point but she really has two choices...find a way to live WITH the Airport or MOVE! That is the bottom line at this point. This is nothing different than the parkway that was just completed from 278 around Hiram...SEVERAL homes had to be removed to make way for this road which was both needed and progress for Paulding...Silver Comet Field is NO DIFFERENT!

I appreciated Mr. Carmicheal's words that he truly believes that they were not doing anything wrong.

It is the responsibility of those commissioners to turn that airport around.

I think the first question they should ask is why has it floundered for so many years and how do you turn it around.

The goal of the IBA is to create jobs, not just any jobs, they certainly can not spend money on retail and restaurants due to the fact that they don't produce well paying jobs.

Assisting the airport with funding to create jobs is well within their mission.

The BOC focuses on the collecting and spending of tax dollars to benefit the citizens. It is also well within their mission to see the airport prepared for planes to be registered to the county.

The AA authority is to make the decisions that will allow these goals to be achieved.

We need that airport to be successful.

We may very well need the legislation to be amended.

I have no issue with that specifically, at least until we see exactly what the wording is that will be voted on.

But, this is where I have an issue.

We have boards for a reason. They serve a good purpose in that nobody is solely responsible for the decisions made and of course 5,7,10, brains are better than 1.

I watched the video and it sounded to me as though there was time for all these boards to receive a copy of this drafted legislation. It could have even been emailed to all and voted on in their meetings.

I understand getting the notice in the paper as soon as possible. What prevented a mass email to all on these boards after the phone call to Mr. Maxwell.

It is disturbing that any single person would have so much power or the level of trust invested in them that they can use council paid by the taxpayer to change legislation and have the blind support of all the people on the most powerful boards in our county.

I am not inclined to blame the person making the decisions,

It is the boards that have invested the power.

I understand the people on these boards have lives and jobs but it does not excuse them from knowing all the pertinent details before supporting any decisions that effect the tax payers of this county.

I would be even more disturbed to find they voted for it without the exact wording in front of them.

I remain supportive of the airport being successful on some level.

So far I remain supportive of out leadership, but I want to know that these boards are doing what they are intrusted to do. They are not intended to give leadership to a single person and blindly support that persons decisions.

<br />"Tundra"...I have NO problem (of course) with her or anyone expressing their opinion, speaking at the meetings, etc. BUT Patti has taken it to a new level...she is soliciting support not for her agenda (the commercialization of Silver Comet Field) but for her personal website and herself.  If you are going to request time to speak at one of the meetings, in a public forum, you should professionally speak to the issue and not go on the attack as she has and did.  <br /><br />The BOC is a board of professional business men who have made it a point in their lives to move away from their respective businesses and take care of the business of the county.  Each has their own personal reasons for doing this and they should be respected for their efforts.  They are doing what they think is the right and correct course for Paulding County and are in NO WAY trying to harm the county or its taxpayers as she asserts.  <br /><br />Yes, she has a different issue because of where her house and property is located...no argument there!  BUT, the solution is not what she has undertaken and is doing nothing but causing unneeded stress and controversy in getting the matter resolved.  The Airport is NOT GOING ANYWHERE...it is already there!  The Airport is going to grow and prosper in spite of her distractions and the better avenue at this point is finding a solution to living WITH the Airport instead of disrupting EVERY meeting as she continues to do.<br /><br />Her situation is unique and she has that point but she really has two choices...find a way to live WITH the Airport or MOVE!  That is the bottom line at this point.  This is nothing different than the parkway that was just completed from 278 around Hiram...SEVERAL homes had to be removed to make way for this road which was both needed and progress for Paulding...Silver Comet Field is NO DIFFERENT!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

See, therein lies the difference. How you would choose to handle it and how she chooses to handle it are certainly both okay. I hesitate to believe you would just up and sell something at a huge loss without at least trying to find another way. Life savings and life's work isn't easy to walk away from.

Everyone handles situations differently, she has just as much right to do it the way she sees fit as you do. Not everyone, even on this board has always behaved rationally. This is a very personal issue for those living close to the airport.

<br /><br /><br />

See, therein lies the difference. How you would choose to handle it and how she chooses to handle it are certainly both okay. I hesitate to believe you would just up and sell something at a huge loss without at least trying to find another way. Life savings and life's work isn't easy to walk away from.

Everyone handles situations differently, she has just as much right to do it the way she sees fit as you do. Not everyone, even on this board has always behaved rationally. This is a very personal issue for those living close to the airport.

We actually agree on several things then...Yes, of course it is a personal issue for her BUT again the Airport is already there and is not going ANYWHERE...it is going to grow...and just like the parkway did a FEW folks are going to be impacted more so than the majority who are not. Instead of continuing to attack the Airport and our County officials the better course of action is to see what is going to be the BEST long term fix for her situation and move to fix that.

I just listened to last nights BOC meeting and have NEVER been so ashamed of someone as I was of Patti Smith and the way she confronted and insulted the board and especially Chairman David Austin. Calling him names like "King David" was ridiculous and showed nothing but a CLASSLESS woman intent on doing nothing more than stroking her own ego and promoting her website. SHAME on you Ms. Smith, you offered in your "speech" you offered to move back to Atlanta...PLEASE DO and as quickly as possible. This crap has got to stop and stop now. You Ms. Patti Smith are a problem and a detriment to Paulding County, you need to SHUT UP NOW and LEAVE!

^^^ This is what a red herring looks like.

8)

• Like 2

^^^ This is what a red herring looks like.

8)

The term "red herring" is used to refer to something that misleads or distracts from the relevant or important issue. It may be used to detract or lead readers towards a false conclusion.

Then my comment is exactly that...It was concise, and to the point. No false conclusion at all though...EITHER SHUT UP OR MOVE!!! Pretty well to the point I think!

• Like 1

The term "red herring" is used to refer to something that misleads or distracts from the relevant or important issue. It may be used to detract or lead readers towards a false conclusion.

Then my comment is exactly that...It was concise, and to the point. No false conclusion at all though...EITHER SHUT UP OR MOVE!!! Pretty well to the point I think!

This thread is about our BOC and potential IBA legislation... not Patti Smith.

The relevant and important issue here are the actions of our elected officials.

8)

This thread is about our BOC and potential IBA legislation... not Patti Smith.

The relevant and important issue here are the actions of our elected officials.

8)

No, if watch the ENTIRE video at the 38:45 mark it becomes the Patti Smith show and she proceeds to make it nothing more than a vicious rant and attack against our elected officials. She is doing nothing more than self promoting both herself and her website. She is a true EMBARRASSMENT!

• Like 1

No, if watch the ENTIRE video at the 38:45 mark it becomes the Patti Smith show and she proceeds to make it nothing more than a vicious rant and attack against our elected officials. She is doing nothing more than self promoting both herself and her website. She is a true EMBARRASSMENT!

This we agree on. Both times I've seen her speak I thought she was overly dramatic and was not impressing but I focused on the item every tax payer in Paulding County should focus on. It should upset every tax payer that our county attorney can go to Howard Maxwell and request the IBA bill to be changed and our Commissioners were about to approve it without having any ideal what the wording of the new bill is. These men were elected to represent the best interest of the citizens of Paulding County. Can you agree, willing to vote on something you have never seen is like us having blind men leading us. I think this whole thing needs to be thoroughly investigated.

• Like 1

And just to clarify, if she was promoting her website, I never went to it and do not intent to view it. The best way to get the facts is to be at these meetings and look at the board members faces. Most of the time facial expressions tell you more than words.

You should be embarrassed by the actions of Chairman Austin.

8)

You should be embarrassed by the actions of Chairman Austin.

8)

David and his administration have had to deal with MANY issues left to him by the previous Commissioner...Jerry Shearin is the one we should all be EMBARRASSED by...The Airport is only on of many matters they have had to deal with, fix, clean up after...however you want to term it.

David and his administration have had to deal with MANY issues left to him by the previous Commissioner...Jerry Shearin is the one we should all be EMBARRASSED by...The Airport is only on of many matters they have had to deal with, fix, clean up after...however you want to term it.

^^^ Another red herring.

:rolleyes:

Edited by mrshoward

I will say again, while I may not agree with everyone all the time or how they deliver their message, I stand firm in their right to do so. I also commend the commissioners for letting her speak in her way.

Same goes for the posters here and on Facebook.  It matters not if you support the commercialization of the airport or oppose it.   This meeting was not about anyone, but about what our commissioners are doing.

Edited by tundra

We actually agree on several things then...Yes, of course it is a personal issue for her BUT again the Airport is already there and is not going ANYWHERE...it is going to grow...and just like the parkway did a FEW folks are going to be impacted more so than the majority who are not. Instead of continuing to attack the Airport and our County officials the better course of action is to see what is going to be the BEST long term fix for her situation and move to fix that.

Why don't you buy her house for what it was worth before the dictators of this county decided to build a airport?

I have them Surepip:

It was a simple FOIA from Whitey that was complied with by Tom Cable and I'm guessing they were in Whitey's mail box when he got home after the morning session.

Todd passed along a copy and I'll scan them shortly. My direct response to Todd was that it looked to me like Tom Cable was doing his job.

How so?

Well, he is hired by the IBA to do the IBA's job, which in the case of the loan and the effort to develop the airport, is to not just defend the authority from suit, but to win those suits and win them as quickly as possible.

I call it initiative.

Opponents of the airport are not as laudatory.

There was nothing at all outrageous about asking for what he needs to win the case? That said, I doubt that it was ever in the cards for him to get those powers spelled out so directly largely because even local legislation has to go through a vetting.

While I don't know, I've got several calls into Howard and we've played tag a time or two, I would guess that among the responses was, "Yes, I'll help you ... but the legislative counsel says that what was sent me is not going to work. What we've heard about what they're actually going to do since is the result of those conversations.

And as Todd points out, the bill in the hopper but the language of the measure remains - well unknown because it hasn't been vetted and the language remains undecided.

Regardless, I'm not very sanguine on the prospects of it passing this session, frankly. Indeed, it was going to problematic even as a piece of local legislation because of the interests of Delta and Atlanta in anything Paulding these days.

The real point though is that this opposition is determined to derail commercial passenger service at Paulding's airport.

The strategy is to attack the county's government from as many angles as they can and criticize each and every action or reaction to their attacks.

With out the lawsuits on this subject, there would be no known need to even think about amending the IBA's enabling legislation. The question would never have come up.

That it did in the midst of a rather hurried session (because of this springs early primary), any such effort to amend the IBA law would necessarily need immediate attention. When you're in that kind of hurry, among the things that are normally left to do (and left undone) includes keeping everyone who wants to be informed, informed.

We all know about people with 'chips on their shoulder' ... they take offense at the most innocuous things. Most times we can recognize it for what it is. But when it is part of an orchestrated campaign, especially one as subtle as this one, it is education to watch.

You can hear it in the words of Patti Smith. Paint everything as a conspiracy, paint everyone as a conspirator, attack, attack, attack. What we end with is Kentucky Fried Spam and everyone asking, where is the beef.

pubby

<br />Why don't you buy her house for what it was worth before the dictators of this county decided to build a airport?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That's not going to happen. Just like nothing happened to the people whose properties were impacted by the building boom. This is the way I see it, if improvements happen that impact your property you have choices, either sell or move. Or you can stay and work with the changes. You cannot fight progress, no matter how big or small that progress may be. If you choose to get into litigation you are asking to be turned inside out.

Your rights are overshadowed by "the general good." Sorry, but that's the way it is. EVERYTIME. Is it right? Perhaps not. Is it the way it is? I'm afraid so.

We are taught that right is right and wrong is wrong. All that needs to happen to throw this concept out the window.....is toss a Govermental entity into the mix.

I appreciated Mr. Carmicheal's words that he truly believes that they were not doing anything wrong.

It is the responsibility of those commissioners to turn that airport around.

I think the first question they should ask is why has it floundered for so many years and how do you turn it around.

The goal of the IBA is to create jobs, not just any jobs, they certainly can not spend money on retail and restaurants due to the fact that they don't produce well paying jobs.

Assisting the airport with funding to create jobs is well within their mission.

The BOC focuses on the collecting and spending of tax dollars to benefit the citizens. It is also well within their mission to see the airport prepared for planes to be registered to the county.

The AA authority is to make the decisions that will allow these goals to be achieved.

We need that airport to be successful.

We may very well need the legislation to be amended.

I have no issue with that specifically, at least until we see exactly what the wording is that will be voted on.

But, this is where I have an issue.

We have boards for a reason. They serve a good purpose in that nobody is solely responsible for the decisions made and of course 5,7,10, brains are better than 1.

I watched the video and it sounded to me as though there was time for all these boards to receive a copy of this drafted legislation. It could have even been emailed to all and voted on in their meetings.

I understand getting the notice in the paper as soon as possible. What prevented a mass email to all on these boards after the phone call to Mr. Maxwell.

It is disturbing that any single person would have so much power or the level of trust invested in them that they can use council paid by the taxpayer to change legislation and have the blind support of all the people on the most powerful boards in our county.

I am not inclined to blame the person making the decisions,

It is the boards that have invested the power.

I understand the people on these boards have lives and jobs but it does not excuse them from knowing all the pertinent details before supporting any decisions that effect the tax payers of this county.

I would be even more disturbed to find they voted for it without the exact wording in front of them.

I remain supportive of the airport being successful on some level.

So far I remain supportive of out leadership, but I want to know that these boards are doing what they are intrusted to do. They are not intended to give leadership to a single person and blindly support that persons decisions.

Lppt

If you will listen to the morning session you will realize that all the commissioners were lied to in that session about what actually was being proposed, Come to find out it was already proposed and sent to Howard Maxwell On February 6, 2014.

Blake Swafford stated in the previous meeting 2/14/2014 that it had not been voted on by the IBA But will be brought up for discussion at their next meeting on 2/19/2014 A resolution was brought up and voted on that day by the Airport Board and the Industrial Building Authority.

Counsel was present for both of those meetings on 2/19/2014…however the proposed a change to the IBA was already sent to Howard Maxwell on 2/6/2014.

It appears that the Ad in the Dallas New Era was placed by Counsel instead of Howard Maxwell? You can view the information when Pubby post it and make up your own mind

Keep in mind on 2/14/2014 At the Commissioners meeting no one knew anything about the ad in the paper and all really were surprised that a ad was actually in the Paper……. Video are available of all these meetings on both face book pages take a look at and pay particular attention to comments made by Todd Pownall, David Austin, Blake Swafford Tommie Graham And David Barnett And Of Course Jay Phillips then look at last nights video and the picture is quite clear that somebody has been lying all along to not only fellow board members but also to the citizens of this county

We do know that David Austin said he contacted Howard Maxwell, We have heard all along that three people were involved we now know of at least three that were involved. Which were Tom Cable., Howard Maxwell and David Austin result…… In my opinion is what you got in the open records request.

If you support our top leaders secretly keeping this information from the Board of Commissioners, Airport Board and The Industrial Building authority, Then you my friend are not the person I always admired ,respected and held in higher esteem

We are entitled and I expect Open, Honest and Transparent Government and not for our leaders to get in front of the cameras and say one thing and then do another.

All I ask of the citizens is …….Do you want our top government leaders to secretly do things from our other government leaders? I am quite sure we will have some saying that this was being done confidentially to keep it from getting out and this is politics as usually……. To those I say…. Open up all meetings, let the people speak, No more secret deals behind closed doors, Do what the people elected you to do and QUIT LYING to the good citizens of this county.

Those that did so should resign from elected office today…. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Do know this is not hearsay... Video tapes are posted on the Stop Paulding Airport Expansion As well as the Protect Paulding County face book pages

• Like 1

You sound just like David himself...who showed up at my job on Feb. 7, 2014 to try and to get my boss to sensor my facebook post!!! Praise the Lord I have a boss who believes that I too have the right to free speech!! To me that is just wrong to go to someones employment to try and stop them from posting on facebook!! If you say something they do not like or agree with they run to your job?

SHAME on him and the rest of you if you support that kind of behavior!!! I do not care what anyone says or does I will never ever stoop to that level!! As far as I am concerned you, King David and the rest of that bunch can pack your bags and SHUT UP AND LEAVE!!!!!!

• Like 3

David Austin took office two months after the airport was finished in November 2008,at a cost of $34 million Dollars,He assumed the job of making the General Aviation airport work on January 1,2009

Since that date David Austin The PCAA AND the IBA have spent about another $33,000,000 and the airport is a total failure having only created 1 airport related job. And are now proposing to spend another $38,000,000 with no business plan to create any jobs in place. Time to cut the losses, Stop throwing tax dollars into this bottomless pit. Neither David Austin , the Airport authority or the IBA have a clue how to build or run a airport ,This is obvious....No more tax dollars should be spent on the airport or the Movie studios,

Were you not ashamed of the lies that were exposed?

You sound just like David himself...who showed up at my job on Feb. 7, 2014 to try and to get my boss to sensor my facebook post!!! Praise the Lord I have a boss who believes that I too have the right to free speech!! To me that is just wrong to go to someones employment to try and stop them from posting on facebook!! If you say something they do not like or agree with they run to your job?

SHAME on him and the rest of you if you support that kind of behavior!!! I do not care what anyone says or does I will never ever stoop to that level!! As far as I am concerned you, King David and the rest of that bunch can pack your bags and SHUT UP AND LEAVE!!!!!!

And you sir are not the first person he has went to a persons job about and probably won't be the last. David should be ashamed.... But power hungry folks do things rational folks would not do. These out of control politicians need to realize they work for us. And the days of these secret closed door deals are some thing that the citizens are not going to accept. A lot of County employees are afraid to speak up. Oh and his brother has also been known to contact a persons employer, Seems it runs in power hungry families

The arrogance is actually rather unsettling.

On our legal cases, he CLAIMS he is following the Commissioner's rule book. When he took office, his predecessor had already spent $750,000 to litigate and keep us out of the courtroom. And David Austin told us to our faces "That was wrong and he intended to fix it".

Since January 2009, David Austin's commission has spent MORE than $750,000 in legal litigation solely against us to make certain they broke us.

Because we had the nads to stand up to the bullies.

They threatened that they would break us....and they did. All to protect their county department heads and developer buddies who had done us wrong.

Karma King David......watch out for the Karma Train when it comes rolling at you.

• Like 1

Lppt

If you will listen to the morning session you will realize that all the commissioners were lied to in that session about what actually was being proposed, Come to find out it was already proposed and sent to Howard Maxwell On February 6, 2014.

Blake Swafford stated in the previous meeting 2/14/2014 that it had not been voted on by the IBA But will be brought up for discussion at their next meeting on 2/19/2014 A resolution was brought up and voted on that day by the Airport Board and the Industrial Building Authority.

Counsel was present for both of those meetings on 2/19/2014…however the proposed a change to the IBA was already sent to Howard Maxwell on 2/6/2014.

It appears that the Ad in the Dallas New Era was placed by Counsel instead of Howard Maxwell? You can view the information when Pubby post it and make up your own mind

Keep in mind on 2/14/2014 At the Commissioners meeting no one knew anything about the ad in the paper and all really were surprised that a ad was actually in the Paper……. Video are available of all these meetings on both face book pages take a look at and pay particular attention to comments made by Todd Pownall, David Austin, Blake Swafford Tommie Graham And David Barnett And Of Course Jay Phillips then look at last nights video and the picture is quite clear that somebody has been lying all along to not only fellow board members but also to the citizens of this county

We do know that David Austin said he contacted Howard Maxwell, We have heard all along that three people were involved we now know of at least three that were involved. Which were Tom Cable., Howard Maxwell and David Austin result…… In my opinion is what you got in the open records request.

If you support our top leaders secretly keeping this information from the Board of Commissioners, Airport Board and The Industrial Building authority, Then you my friend are not the person I always admired ,respected and held in higher esteem

We are entitled and I expect Open, Honest and Transparent Government and not for our leaders to get in front of the cameras and say one thing and then do another.

All I ask of the citizens is …….Do you want our top government leaders to secretly do things from our other government leaders? I am quite sure we will have some saying that this was being done confidentially to keep it from getting out and this is politics as usually……. To those I say…. Open up all meetings, let the people speak, No more secret deals behind closed doors, Do what the people elected you to do and QUIT LYING to the good citizens of this county.

Those that did so should resign from elected office today…. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Do know this is not hearsay... Video tapes are posted on the Stop Paulding Airport Expansion As well as the Protect Paulding County face book pages

Whitey:

You're awfully loose with your facts. What you are saying is your paranoid interpretation based on your presumption that the "fix" was in.

Todd, when addressing the board AFTER SPRINGING YOUR FOIA on the rest of the commissioners, admitted that the language was not yet placed in the bill that he said 'was in the hopper' ... only that "a bill" was in the hopper and the state senator he was in contact with was unable to read it (presuming a blank page.)

That tells me that the language was still being worked out - negotiated - as it ought to be.

What you got in your FOIA was an early draft that was more like a kids list of presents he wasn't Santa Clause to bring him; which if you're experience is anything like mine, was vastly different from the reality of Christmas morning.

What Tom Cable was asking was his Christmas list and he had no more realistic belief he'd get that from Howard as I did that Santa would bring me a real rocket ship that would take me to the moon so I could get away from my big brother.

The point is when you negotiate something like this, you start out asking for the moon, but you deep down hope, at best you're going to get a change that helps with your issue.

So in my mind, Whitey, your conflation of the Christmas list that Tom Cable sent as a first draft of what he'd love to have ... is so far from the reality of what was likely to be given that Todd's maneuver last night to me told me that the commissioners just aren't that astute when it comes to legislation and dealing with the madness that is the General Assembly.

The metaphor coined by Otto von Bismark: There are two things you don’t want to see being made—sausage and legislation - does help explain how what you got going, is ground up, churned and packaged in something that looks and tastes completely different coming out. While there are those who object to the metaphor on accuracy grounds - regularity, predictability of outcome, etc. are present in sausage making, those attributes are missing in legislation. The qualifying aspect that lends truth to that metaphor is the blood, guts and things you wouldn't even consider swallowing being swirled together into something that sometimes makes you sick.

pubby

I have them Surepip:

It was a simple FOIA from Whitey that was complied with by Tom Cable and I'm guessing they were in Whitey's mail box when he got home after the morning session.

Todd passed along a copy and I'll scan them shortly. My direct response to Todd was that it looked to me like Tom Cable was doing his job.

How so?

Well, he is hired by the IBA to do the IBA's job, which in the case of the loan and the effort to develop the airport, is to not just defend the authority from suit, but to win those suits and win them as quickly as possible.

I call it initiative.

Opponents of the airport are not as laudatory.

There was nothing at all outrageous about asking for what he needs to win the case? That said, I doubt that it was ever in the cards for him to get those powers spelled out so directly largely because even local legislation has to go through a vetting.

While I don't know, I've got several calls into Howard and we've played tag a time or two, I would guess that among the responses was, "Yes, I'll help you ... but the legislative counsel says that what was sent me is not going to work. What we've heard about what they're actually going to do since is the result of those conversations.

And as Todd points out, the bill in the hopper but the language of the measure remains - well unknown because it hasn't been vetted and the language remains undecided.

Regardless, I'm not very sanguine on the prospects of it passing this session, frankly. Indeed, it was going to problematic even as a piece of local legislation because of the interests of Delta and Atlanta in anything Paulding these days.

The real point though is that this opposition is determined to derail commercial passenger service at Paulding's airport.

The strategy is to attack the county's government from as many angles as they can and criticize each and every action or reaction to their attacks.

With out the lawsuits on this subject, there would be no known need to even think about amending the IBA's enabling legislation. The question would never have come up.

That it did in the midst of a rather hurried session (because of this springs early primary), any such effort to amend the IBA law would necessarily need immediate attention. When you're in that kind of hurry, among the things that are normally left to do (and left undone) includes keeping everyone who wants to be informed, informed.

We all know about people with 'chips on their shoulder' ... they take offense at the most innocuous things. Most times we can recognize it for what it is. But when it is part of an orchestrated campaign, especially one as subtle as this one, it is education to watch.

You can hear it in the words of Patti Smith. Paint everything as a conspiracy, paint everyone as a conspirator, attack, attack, attack. What we end with is Kentucky Fried Spam and everyone asking, where is the beef.

pubby

I don't think Delta had anything to do with the misinformation that was stated in yesterdays morning work session.

Of course you were aware of the comments that proponents of the resolution made during the morning session Yea merely Clarifying, Has nothing to do with the law suit ETC ETC.

You may try and blame this debacle on any or every thing else but the plain and simple facts are inescapable LIES were told over a course of four different meeting of which all were taped in their entirety, Some by you and all by a concerned citizen of the anti airport expansion group 4 of the five commissioners realized this last night and voted to table the resolution based on additional information that was contained in a FOIA request.

Yep your old buddy got caught with his hand in the cookie jar again..If you will come to the Community meeting tomorrow night you may even have the opportunity to learn first hand Pubby what did transpire.

We are meeting tomorrow night At Bethany Christian Church Highway 61 south 7:00 pm just past the McDonalds on Scoggins road. Should be a informative and exciting meeting.

One of my favorite sayings is a picture is worth a thousand words.... watch the videos that are available look at the dictator type actions in the first session, where a commissioner was not allowed to speak or ask a question, is this what we want?????

The arrogance is actually rather unsettling.

On our legal cases, he CLAIMS he is following the Commissioner's rule book. When he took office, his predecessor had already spent $750,000 to litigate and keep us out of the courtroom. And David Austin told us to our faces "That was wrong and he intended to fix it".

Since January 2009, David Austin's commission has spent MORE than $750,000 in legal litigation solely against us to make certain they broke us.

Because we had the nads to stand up to the bullies.

They threatened that they would break us....and they did. All to protect their county department heads and developer buddies who had done us wrong.

Karma King David......watch out for the Karma Train when it comes rolling at you.

Yep the King and the Prince have a lot of splaning to do.

Whitey:

You're awfully loose with your facts. What you are saying is your paranoid interpretation based on your presumption that the "fix" was in.

Todd, when addressing the board AFTER SPRINGING YOUR FOIA on the rest of the commissioners, admitted that the language was not yet placed in the bill that he said 'was in the hopper' ... only that "a bill" was in the hopper and the state senator he was in contact with was unable to read it (presuming a blank page.)

That tells me that the language was still being worked out - negotiated - as it ought to be.

What you got in your FOIA was an early draft that was more like a kids list of presents he wasn't Santa Clause to bring him; which if you're experience is anything like mine, was vastly different from the reality of Christmas morning.

What Tom Cable was asking was his Christmas list and he had no more realistic belief he'd get that from Howard as I did that Santa would bring me a real rocket ship that would take me to the moon so I could get away from my big brother.

The point is when you negotiate something like this, you start out asking for the moon, but you deep down hope, at best you're going to get a change that helps with your issue.

So in my mind, Whitey, your conflation of the Christmas list that Tom Cable sent as a first draft of what he'd love to have ... is so far from the reality of what was likely to be given that Todd's maneuver last night to me told me that the commissioners just aren't that astute when it comes to legislation and dealing with the madness that is the General Assembly.

The metaphor coined by Otto von Bismark: There are two things you don’t want to see being made—sausage and legislation - does help explain how what you got going, is ground up, churned and packaged in something that looks and tastes completely different coming out. While there are those who object to the metaphor on accuracy grounds - regularity, predictability of outcome, etc. are present in sausage making, those attributes are missing in legislation. The qualifying aspect that lends truth to that metaphor is the blood, guts and things you wouldn't even consider swallowing being swirled together into something that sometimes makes you sick.

pubby

The infamous Nancy Pelosi defense:

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..."

8)

Whitey:

pubby

Very good try ... But no cigar shame on you for not talking about what Todd really said... Remember over and over Todd saying to Mr Austin that He Had talked with Howard Maxwell and he told Mr. Austin that it would have been a done deal if the Snow had not shut down the Government.... I can't believe you did not hear that on 2/14/2014 afternoon commission session..Todd was speaking to Mr Austin Heck put the tape back up or go to our Face book page and you can view that. PUBBY you are way out of bounds too much video tape out there to spin David out of this do you remember what Blake Swafford and Tommy Graham discussed that day??? Heck look at it Oh and the Dog And Pony show that was put on by the PCAA and the IBA the following Wednesday 2/19/2014 where they passed the famous IBA resolution that was not even included on the agenda to be discussed some 13 days after Howard Maxwell had already received the e-mail, Quite amazing how that resolution mirriors the resolution the passed that day by the IBA.... WOW

Pubby Come on out to the community meeting tomorrow night 7:00 pm Bethany Christian Church, Hwy 61 south just past Mc Donalds on the right.

You may be amazed at what you may learn from those that are really concerned about the impact of the Airport on our community.. It is time for a update of the things going on heck bring your old buddy David along.

Everyone is welcome come and join the group wants to make the airport work as a general aviation airport, And leave those huge 737's to Hartsfield Jackson.

Very good try ... But no cigar shame on you for not talking about what Todd really said... Remember over and over Todd saying to Mr Austin that He Had talked with Howard Maxwell and he told Mr. Austin that it would have been a done deal if the Snow had not shut down the Government.... I can't believe you did not hear that on 2/14/2014 afternoon commission session..Todd was speaking to Mr Austin Heck put the tape back up or go to our Face book page and you can view that. PUBBY you are way out of bounds too much video tape out there to spin David out of this do you remember what Blake Swafford and Tommy Graham discussed that day??? Heck look at it Oh and the Dog And Pony show that was put on by the PCAA and the IBA the following Wednesday 2/19/2014 where they passed the famous IBA resolution that was not even included on the agenda to be discussed some 13 days after Howard Maxwell had already received the e-mail, Quite amazing how that resolution mirriors the resolution the passed that day by the IBA.... WOW

Pubby Come on out to the community meeting tomorrow night 7:00 pm Bethany Christian Church, Hwy 61 south just past Mc Donalds on the right.

You may be amazed at what you may learn from those that are really concerned about the impact of the Airport on our community.. It is time for a update of the things going on heck bring your old buddy David along.

Everyone is welcome come and join the group wants to make the airport work as a general aviation airport, And leave those huge 737's to Hartsfield Jackson.

If you're willing to take peoples word on something being a done deal, why are you fighting this whole thing Whitey.

What is a 'done deal?' ...

Are you saying that the state senators would roll over? Are you saying that Delta wouldn't have some lobbyists keeping an eye out for any of this?

Are you saying that the legislative counsel hadn't already come back to Howard saying that what they'd do is something more akin to the verbiage in the resolution ... Heck, Todd even admits he doesn't for sure know what a done deal is and since there is no language ever in the state's listing for this as yet ephemeral bill, why not claim that it authorizes direct payments to all board members in terms of tens of millions each to be paid from the profits of the airport as siphoned off by the gnomes that pee jet fuel into the groundwater out of spite to residents.

You act like that email is something etched in stone. It is not. Such third party requests for legislation are at best wish lists... and frankly if these guys were as powerful and able to manipulate the Georgia General Assembly with such adeptness, I can imagine them writing other laws that would be more beneficial than that one. You know like getting the General Assembly to raise the salary of the Chairman to $250,000/yr and paying the IBA chairman $200,000/yr.

It wasn't quite that generous but I do remember seeing a request submitted kind of like that ... and it was laughed off. What passed was a change that increased the salary of the chairman alright, but it didn't increase until the next chairman took office if I recall.

pubby

PS: Last time I saw Howard Maxwell, he was riding his hog which suggests he's not so wimpy he rolls over and smiles. I think you're a lot more disrespectful of the man than I am.

PPS: I've got my son to police tomorrow evening and I can pretty much guarantee I won't be attending because of that. I do understand they will be live-casting the meeting so if someone will send a link, I'm all about freedom of speech. Heck, I will even post the live stream as it is happening.

<br />The arrogance is actually rather unsettling.<br /><br />On our legal cases...

That's not the topic here, at you know it.

I'm sorry your situation happened to you, but that's not the point of discussion. And your situation doesn't invalidate everything the commission does.

It's akin to someone getting arrested but ultimately being found not guilty. That doesn't mean every arrest the police make is a wrongful one.

David Austin ran against Jerry Shearin on a platform of open, honest, transparent government leadership.

Something Mr Shearin had lost during his tenure in office.

The grass roots issues were not much else the summer of 2009 ..... the economy had not melted yet, and the Paulding checkbook was actually flush.

But Jerry had not trust left from his consituents. And P.com contributed to that by brining up his quotes from the 2004 election from the archives.

David Austin won in a landslide victory, but not so much as a victory for him, as it was a vote of no-confidence in Shearin and his Robber Barrons.

And the interchange at the commmission meeting between Shearin, Todd Pownall, and Pat Crook over that INFAMOUS email that was made public was Shearin's feather that broke the camel's back.

Well Mr Austin has not lived up to his promises of open, honest transparent government. Surrpise surprise ? Another lying politician ?

Who knows?

But the same sort of email paper trail is going to be his undoing as well. He has been caught outright lying and deceiving twice in less than 2 weeks, and has not admitted anything, nor has he apologized.....and I don't expect him to. And forget giving him any "Wiggle Room". These guys need to be held to the highest of standards, not "wiggle room".

The whole idea of the legislation is a slap at the judicial system as it stands. The judge is expected to rule on what the law is, and says. I disagree with arm twisting at the 11th hour to change the law in order to remove their, the BoC and IBA's tail from the crack. Let the crack squeeze down on it until they are screaming in pain.

If we teach our children morals that parralell the actions of these politicians, we can expect to be raising a crop of criminals.

You don't bend and change the laws to suit your needs, ...."Because you can do it and get away with it".

And the most pitiful part of all, is this is happening so the BoC can look the other way while the IBA issues bonds to pour more good money after bad into the airport sinkhole which NO ONE HAS SHOWN US ANY PROSPECT OF ACTUALLY WOEKING OUT to ever be even self supporting !!!!!

• Like 2

If you're willing to take peoples word on something being a done deal, why are you fighting this whole thing Whitey.

What is a 'done deal?' ...

Are you saying that the state senators would roll over? Are you saying that Delta wouldn't have some lobbyists keeping an eye out for any of this?

Are you saying that the legislative counsel hadn't already come back to Howard saying that what they'd do is something more akin to the verbiage in the resolution ... Heck, Todd even admits he doesn't for sure know what a done deal is and since there is no language ever in the state's listing for this as yet ephemeral bill, why not claim that it authorizes direct payments to all board members in terms of tens of millions each to be paid from the profits of the airport as siphoned off by the gnomes that pee jet fuel into the groundwater out of spite to residents.

You act like that email is something etched in stone. It is not. Such third party requests for legislation are at best wish lists... and frankly if these guys were as powerful and able to manipulate the Georgia General Assembly with such adeptness, I can imagine them writing other laws that would be more beneficial than that one. You know like getting the General Assembly to raise the salary of the Chairman to $250,000/yr and paying the IBA chairman $200,000/yr.

It wasn't quite that generous but I do remember seeing a request submitted kind of like that ... and it was laughed off. What passed was a change that increased the salary of the chairman alright, but it didn't increase until the next chairman took office if I recall.

pubby

PS: Last time I saw Howard Maxwell, he was riding his hog which suggests he's not so wimpy he rolls over and smiles. I think you're a lot more disrespectful of the man than I am.

PPS: I've got my son to police tomorrow evening and I can pretty much guarantee I won't be attending because of that. I do understand they will be live-casting the meeting so if someone will send a link, I'm all about freedom of speech. Heck, I will even post the live stream as it is happening.

Where have I said it was a done deal, I believe it will be a done deal once the Commissioners vote on the issue and request it to be passed.

I do absolutely believe that David Austin was a party to that language, which is very similar to what he voted for with the IBA resolution ,You do recall me saying yesterday that there are three resolutions out there and he said he supported all three, If I had the FOIA I would of also asked about that one.

I do not recall that I have been disrespectful to Howard Maxwell, Please show me where I have been disrespectful.

Pubby you have the opportunity to increase your readership and thus increase some income, However I have heard from a LOT'S of folks about how Bias you are being in your reporting on all the airport issues. You certainty have the right to say and do whatever you desire, And if the post you make on the airport is truly your beliefs then I am fine with that.

It is your call to act as you have in the past couple of months, I am just saying YOU are not doing yourself any favors with some of the post you make.

I have no idea who he is but I am very impressed with the retired military man who spoke at the end in support of the airport expansion.

He appears very humble, respectable and sincere and obviously spoke from his heart. Sounds like he has a lot invested in our community and only wants what is best for the greater good of our community. :) He was very respectable and handled himself with class and dignity.

• Like 1

With all the things that they have on the dictator I think we should be talking recall. I think between the secret thinks he has done and the things that shouldn't have been done there is enough to get a recall. I think it should be all posted in the news paper and in the legal section of the news paper as to his doings.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

That's not going to happen. Just like nothing happened to the people whose properties were impacted by the building boom. This is the way I see it, if improvements happen that impact your property you have choices, either sell or move. Or you can stay and work with the changes. You cannot fight progress, no matter how big or small that progress may be. If you choose to get into litigation you are asking to be turned inside out.

In this case there should be enough to cause either a recall or jail I hope.

Your rights are overshadowed by "the general good." Sorry, but that's the way it is. EVERYTIME. Is it right? Perhaps not. Is it the way it is? I'm afraid so.

We are taught that right is right and wrong is wrong. All that needs to happen to throw this concept out the window.....is toss a Govermental entity into the mix.

I hope the hell they put a road across your yard, then you can see what it is like!