Paulding.com

Good morning,

does anyone have any information on Roundtree Rec. I am specifically looking for information on their swimming programs/lessons. Has anybody put their kids in the swim program? I did not see a contact email on the website and I understand their facility is the closest on the south side of town.

Both of my boys have taken swim lessons there, as have several friend's children. What would you like to know? We've also worked with the owner for soccer and scouting.

How were the swim lessons? I would really like my boys to take lessons this year.

She is an amazing swim teacher. I've seen her get kids that are DEATHLY afraid of the water into the pool, learning, and eventually swimming. She also is kind and takes our boy scouts to teach them to swim. All around - I really like her as a swim teacher.

Now, she's not the most adult oriented person in the world. She has been hard to get a hold of in the past, but I think that's changing. When we've needed soccer fields quickly - she's always been responsive.

Overall - I would definitely take my kid to her for swim lessons.

Swim Lesson will begin again March 10, 2014.

Edit: It's closed until March. She also was in a car accident and broke her back. I called today and that is what her sweet husband told me. He said, that her injuries is where 1% where people will never walk again. BUT, good news for her, she is walking, she won't let this accident get her down. She will be going into the pool for some therapy.

Also, her husband and I talked about, if anyone is interested at that time (March) in doing water aerobics, she wouldn't have a problem at all putting a class together for us.

It would beat going all the way to that one indoor pool on Macland Road, where they charge extra for living in Paulding County.

Oh my goodness - I hope she's going to be okay in the long run. Her husband is quite sweet. I think they are two puzzle pieces that fit together.

I don't mind going to the indoor pool on Macland - or even paying their out of county fee (I certianly don't have to pay their tax rate). But, the chlorine level is SOOOOOO high - it just eats bathing suits. I live right around the corner (literally) from her - so I could certainly take her class if the timing works. :)!