Paulding.com

Airport meeting on WSB News

Tell me how many jobs the movie place the county put in with out anyone knowing until it was done, has created. If people wanted jobs

they should have stayed in Atlanta and not came here to make problems for the rest of us.

You say it is a problem. This county's largest employer is still the local government. You had 1/2 the county worked for the government and the other 1/2 shlepping off to Atlanta to pay their salaries.

You needed them to keep the bills paid because there were more county employees every year getting all the benefits that those busting their rears were not getting.

It was the homeboys that jumped on the house building gravy train while your relatives gladly sold the land.

I came here when it was small, it never really occurred to me it would grow like it did, but I have graciously taken it in stride.

I don't mind the taxes, but what I do mind is being stuck in a house for 4 children and I have 1 going into retirement.

Everyone without exception benefited from the housing boom here.

Now the easy money is gone they want to get rid of the responsibility.

The responsibility is paying for the schools, the roads, the government ect. You want people gone, raise the taxes, big time they will leave and those that stay will still be on the hook for every inch of this county and services.

The rest of you voted in the folks that built the houses and you want to blame the people that moved here, really?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, I don't know..I thought it was very informative...if you didn't want to know anything except that they could care less what the public thought...

I really feel like David Austin did Todd wrong.... arrogance (or cowardice) on Mr Austin's part. I will not be voting for David Austin.

I live in the same subdivision as LPPT..............Paulding airport will not affect me directly,and I don't care if Todd knew about the expansion or not.   What I do care about and every one should

I live within a mile from where the airport is. I moved here long before the county pushed it down my throat. I moved from Hiram( where my family has DEEP Roots) because of the growth. So I quess I am the 11th person that does not want Commercial Flights. I have one question for Paulding County that never seems to get answered. What are you doing about the Meth Heads, Punk wanta be gangs, Corner money beggers, Furlough Employees, low moral in your County Jobs, low moral in your citizens, uneducated highschool drop outs?

Your worried about punks, wait till 1/2 your subdivision goes rental because people walk off and leave the houses in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

This one may get Atlanta media attention if there will be a vote directly tied to the AA contract AND bond approval to fund what the county has agreed to provide via the AA.

Where is an actual copy of the Propeller Investments-airport Authority agreement or contract and what will the BoC actually be voting on?

• Like 1

Not that my opinion matters but I'm not convinced that Todd Pownall is "squeaky clean" on this issue.

I realize I am out of touch with Paulding County right now as we are in Texas for the next few months; however, I am doing some research of my own.

As we all know, there are at least two sides to every story - sometimes even three, four, five sides. :)

Not that my opinion matters but I'm not convinced that Todd Pownall is "squeaky clean" on this issue.

I realize I am out of touch with Paulding County right now as we are in Texas for the next few months; however, I am doing some research of my own.

As we all know, there are at least two sides to every story - sometimes even three, four, five sides. :)

I love you lady, but have you EVER met a politician that was "squeaky clean"? :wub:

Nope! He is off limits. He is the Sheriff and I for one want to stay on his good side. Course I have never seen his bad side. :lol: I am sure the bad guys have.

There is plenty of bad to go around, we don't have to make any up. :ninja: (not for Gary though)

Good grief...This is a thread about the airport not saint Gary......Y'all should have coached girls softball with him....... 6 to 9 year old girls,then you'd seen him frustratedrofl.gif

Its ok to get frustrated, but not mean and dirty. I have know Gary his entire life, and they don't come anybetter.