Paulding.com

I was driving home up Hulseytown Rd tonight when I slammed on my brakes. I heard a such a large noise I was scared out of my mind. I realized it was a jet coming

or going from the Paulding airport. When I got home my husband said he saw a jet landing at the airport.. When I looked at the Internet I saw there is a website for the

Paulding Jet Center. I had no idea that jets were operating out of the airport!

If I am not greatly mistaken, when they first started talking about putting the airport in and people where voicing concerns about it, the public was told there would be NO jets there.

Maybe it is for the airshow this weekend

If I am not greatly mistaken, when they first started talking about putting the airport in and people where voicing concerns about it, the public was told there would be NO jets there.

Maybe it is for the airshow this weekend

If I am not greatly mistaken, when they first started talking about putting the airport in and people where voicing concerns about it, the public was told there would be NO

Edited by jlewi

The airport is for jets and prop driven planes; just not commercial airliners (big Jets). This is because even with the extension of the runway, it is not adequate to serve large passenger jets or large cargo jets.

It is, however, for corporate jets - the smaller crafts that corporations use to check on their properties across the country.

Paulding Jet Center is actually the fixed based operator at the airport. The company also provides refitting services to jet and prop driven corporate aircraft - i.e. they do the interiors, etc. If you're looking for trickle-down; putting new leather seating and interior with the latest LCD screens, bar, etc. in a corporate jet, this is it.

pubby

While certainly not a supporter of the airport, I do not remember any discussion about not serving jets.

Actually the opposite, I thought I remember it being built to support jets.

I'm still glad we got Jerry Shearin out when we did. If not I'm afraid it would be the Shearin Jet Center at the Jerry Shearin Airport on Jerry Shearin Parkway just west of the Jerry Shearin Memorial Court House and Pat Crook Government Administrative Complex.

With elections coming up again next year always remember the airport and $65 million Court House.

• Like 1

I'm still glad we got Jerry Shearin out when we did. If not I'm afraid it would be the Shearin Jet Center at the Jerry Shearin Airport on Jerry Shearin Parkway just west of the Jerry Shearin Memorial Court House and Pat Crook Government Administrative Complex.

HHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHJAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That right there is frickin' hilarious, dude! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(And in all seriousness, I NEVER forget when somebody lies to me, and I do not trust them henceforth unless they have taken huge measures to regain my trust. Which no politician ever has to my recollection, save the Honorable Zell Miller.)

MOJO413, ok, you made a point, so I would like to point out that you and the taxpayers of Paulding just borrowed another $29 million for the Big Lake in Burnt Hickory. I would like to also let you know the possible total is between $86 and $100 million. So really the airport is a hiccup compared. So you will see this starting next year. I agree about the Courthouse, and you forgot about the Green Space that we are paying for....basically just keep on, and Shearin has not been around for awhile.

MOJO413, ok, you made a point, so I would like to point out that you and the taxpayers of Paulding just borrowed another $29 million for the Big Lake in Burnt Hickory. I would like to also let you know the possible total is between $86 and $100 million. So really the airport is a hiccup compared. So you will see this starting next year. I agree about the Courthouse, and you forgot about the Green Space that we are paying for....basically just keep on, and Shearin has not been around for awhile.

GOOD! Lets keep it that way.8)

• Like 1

There was a jet fighter (only caught a glimpse once possibly F-18) hot rodding around Hulseytown yesterday literally rattling the windows and terrifying the livestock. Stupid jackasses can take the freaking airport and shove it. I'm glad the elitist of the county think it is so valuable to the citizens. Why don't they move they tails over here by it if they love it so much. We never wanted or needed the stupid thing around here. Where are all the jobs and support businesses promised to spring up around the "Atlanta West Airport". Political, elitist BS.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken there were referendums that passed on the Green Space and Big Lake in Burnt Hickory (Resovior).

Even with me being there on the first day of early voting to vote against both of these, I respect the will of the majority of those who got out to vote.

Also if I'm not mistaken on the Airport and Court House complex there were no votes. These were shoved down the voters throats by Jerry Shearin and Patt Crook.

When I asked David Austin about these and other issues during his first run for office I accepted his answer "we have these, there's no turning back, if we walk away from the airport we owe the Feds $58 million, we need to dig it any make them the best we can".

If I'm not mistaken there were referendums that passed on the Green Space and Big Lake in Burnt Hickory (Resovior).

Even with me being there on the first day of early voting to vote against both of these, I respect the will of the majority of those who got out to vote.

Also if I'm not mistaken on the Airport and Court House complex there were no votes. These were shoved down the voters throats by Jerry Shearin and Patt Crook.

When I asked David Austin about these and other issues during his first run for office I accepted his answer "we have these, there's no turning back, if we walk away from the airport we owe the Feds $58 million, we need to dig it any make them the best we can".

Yes, David has shoved a lot down our throat too. I never thought he would do some of these things. He has gotten almost as bad as Jerry.

• Like 1

Yes, David has shoved a lot down our throat too. I never thought he would do some of these things. He has gotten almost as bad as Jerry.

I somewhat disagree with you. While I do not agree with everything that's been passed while David has been in office I have found him, his department heads and other commissioners to be accessible and open. I've had many good discussions where some I felt I was heard, some I felt I contributed to the item swaying, some I leaned on my position and all I felt I was received with respect. Never have I been ignored, never has a request to meet been denied or postponed.

Jerry Shearin never gave me the time of day or bat of an eye. I felt as a non-developer I was dirt in his eyes. Several request to meet were ignored. When I tried to open discussion in public I was ignored.

I have an opinion about politicians. When we find one that we all love and adore every hour of every day... We've just encountered the Anti-Christ face to face.

I somewhat disagree with you. While I do not agree with everything that's been passed while David has been in office I have found him, his department heads and other commissioners to be accessible and open. I've had many good discussions where some I felt I was heard, some I felt I contributed to the item swaying, some I leaned on my position and all I felt I was received with respect. Never have I been ignored, never has a request to meet been denied or postponed.

Jerry Shearin never gave me the time of day or bat of an eye. I felt as a non-developer I was dirt in his eyes. Several request to meet were ignored. When I tried to open discussion in public I was ignored.

I have an opinion about politicians. When we find one that we all love and adore every hour of every day... We've just encountered the Anti-Christ face to face.

You hit the nail on the head. I think David would be the first to admit he is not perfect. Shearin was so damn haughty (for no apparent reason) that he wouldn't even tell you to go eff yourself. He was buddies with Mr. Money Bags and he was pretty sure his sheeze didn't stink.

• Like 1

According to a report on WSB news, the airport plans to bring in commercial flights. The CEO of Propeller investment stated that his company has signed a 40 year lease with the airport and plans to actively recruit aviation-related and other businesses. This could be a good source of economic growth if executed properly.

You hit the nail on the head. I think David would be the first to admit he is not perfect. Shearin was so damn haughty (for no apparent reason) that he wouldn't even tell you to go eff yourself. He was buddies with Mr. Money Bags and he was pretty sure his sheeze didn't stink.

I agree with your idea everytime I take a hike to the tax or tag office.

To me having offices that serve developers facing and having access to the prime parking spots is a testimony to Jerry Shearins values and loyalties.