Paulding.com

Hiram Residents Beware

beware of a black Ford van with tinted windows in the Hiram area. My husband walked up on what he thinks was a possible break in. He said the driver was a white female and the passenger was a Puerto Rican male. Claimed to be delivering cabinets but something was definitely up. Praise God they left when he showed up and no one was hurt.

The man had been beating on the door for a while. The owners should have called the police, but called my husband and after hearing the whole story, there is no doubt in my mind they were trying to break in. Just raising awareness, not being nosey.

• Like 3

The man had been beating on the door for a while. The owners should have called the police, but called my husband and after hearing the whole story, there is no doubt in my mind they were trying to break in. Just raising awareness, not being nosey.

Thank you Sweetsue and your husband for looking out for everyone's safety.You just never know these days.

• Like 1

We had several homes in our neighborhood broken into and that is exactly the method they use knock on the door until they are sure no one is at home then go around back and kick the door in. You did the right thing except maybe you could have gone one step further and called the cops. Don't pay any mind to these jerks they are just looking for a chance to be a smartass online , they think that it's cute.

• Like 1

Thank you for the heads up SS. I have had the same thing happen to me. The guys even walked around my house while I was on the phone to the police. I yelled at them and the left. I was afraid to wait for the police because I believed they were ready to break in. I did make a report to the police. Then I heard on the scanner they were at another house doing the same thing, possible break in. Scary.

Just read this on my FB page posted by one of my friend's who lives in Douglasville:

Wow Just Had A Scary Knock At The Door At 8:15 With No Porch Lights On. A Young Girl Ringing The Door Bell Several Times Before We Could Get To It. Trying To Sell Some Books And When I Told Her I wasn't Interested She Took Off Quick Without Going To Any other Houses. They Took Off So Quick We Couldn't Even Get A Tag Number She Ran And Got Into A Black SUV' So Now Our Eye's Are WideOpen WHat's The World Coming Too Just Not Safe In Your Own Home Anymore!!!!

Well that IS a little scary because I don't answer the door even if I am home! If I don't know you're comin', I don't answer the door!

My mom used to get embarrassed; she said "but they know you are in here when they are knocking!" I told her I didn't care, it was my door and I only answer it if I feel like it.

Well that IS a little scary because I don't answer the door even if I am home! If I don't know you're comin', I don't answer the door!

My mom used to get embarrassed; she said "but they know you are in here when they are knocking!" I told her I didn't care, it was my door and I only answer it if I feel like it.

A 12 gauge pump shotgun close by makes you feel a lot less scared.

A 12 gauge pump shotgun close by makes you feel a lot less scared.

I agree with the pump shotgun. As my husband and my son say, there is nothing scarier than the sound of a shotgun being pumped. I have one beside my bed, loaded. My husband works swing shift so every 2 weeks he is on 12 hour shifts at night. I feel alot safer with the shotgun sitting by my bed and YES I know how to use it. But we also have 3 dogs that not even my dad or brother will come in my house if we are not home. I think I would worry more about the dogs than I would the shotgun.