Paulding.com

It makes me sad but the time has come

Unfortunately I just don't have time for Cpc anymore. For the last month I've been working 80+ hours weeks and it's still not enough. Many of you that have had computers worked on know I have 2 little ones and I'd rather spend more time with my family and work less. I'll be finishing all existing repairs this week and will of course honor all warranty's. Hopefully I will be able to reopen at some point In the future I really enjoy doing it. Thanks to all of those that have supported me over the last 3 years I truly appreciate it.

I'll still be hanging out here probably more so now that now that I won't be working so much :)

Noooo!!!! Danggit Nick!!! What we will do now??? :(

Nice call man. Family does come first. If anyone needs virus, malware, spyware removal, I do that stuff. I can also do upgrades on laptops and computers but with no overhead or parts inventory I would send you links to buy what you would need and then install it for you. Very inexpensive rates to do this suff. Just keep me in mind! Again, sorry to see you having to close shop, but nothing is more important than family.

As someone who is still battling to get our business listing removed from every free listing source in the entire free world and to get all the phone calls stopped that are offering to sell us everything from toner to accounting services (which gets a huge laugh from me), let me give you some advice. Change your phone number, change your e-mail address and if you used your personal address as your business address, just carry a trash bag with you to the mailbox or move.

We closed our business in December 2010 (yeppers, two years ago) and even TODAY I got a call wanting me to correct my free business listing.

Hate to see you go. Pcom loves you. Family comes first, always! No question.good.gif

As someone who is still battling to get our business listing removed from every free listing source in the entire free world and to get all the phone calls stopped that are offering to sell us everything from toner to accounting services (which gets a huge laugh from me), let me give you some advice. Change your phone number, change your e-mail address and if you used your personal address as your business address, just carry a trash bag with you to the mailbox or move.

We closed our business in December 2010 (yeppers, two years ago) and even TODAY I got a call wanting me to correct my free business listing.

Hate to see you go. Pcom loves you. Family comes first, always! No question.good.gif

Yep!!! Unfortunately, YOU are the one who has to change the number to clear it all out. Sucks, I know.

Yep. It is unfortunate.

At least now we have gotten the calls down to a minimum number. Probably no more than 4 a week now. We used to get up to a dozen a day. It is better but it's also been two years!

Yep!!! Unfortunately, YOU are the one who has to change the number to clear it all out. Sucks, I know.

If you have that much business, hire an employee or two.. Family does come first but you still have to provide for them. Don't cut your nose off despite your face.

Obviously you have what people want. You are very good at what you do. You have more work that you can do alone. Yet you walk away from it. Dude, you got a money maker. Learn to manage it.

• Like 1

If you have that much business, hire an employee or two.. Family does come first but you still have to provide for them. Don't cut your nose off despite your face.

Obviously you have what people want. You are very good at what you do. You have more work that you can do alone. Yet you walk away from it. Dude, you got a money maker. Learn to manage it.

That's good advice, but if you've never hired someone else, many of us know how tough it can be to hire the right person for the job. Nick's name is on his work, just as mine. The people we hire have to meet that criteria to some extent- this is very hard to find, at least it has been for me.

That's good advice, but if you've never hired someone else, many of us know how tough it can be to hire the right person for the job. Nick's name is on his work, just as mine. The people we hire have to meet that criteria to some extent- this is very hard to find, at least it has been for me.

As do mine. I've owned my own business for 10 + years. My father started it in 1982 and handed it over to us in 2002. He has a hard time letting us run it, but we have made more money running it than he did.

As do mine. I've owned my own business for 10 + years. My father started it in 1982 and handed it over to us in 2002. He has a hard time letting us run it, but we have made more money running it than he did.

Handing it over to family helps a lot because you are no doubt versed in it. I haven't had that luxury yet. In fact, I would have to say that my 17 year old daughter did better carb work than the guys I hired. She's 19 now, and I told her to hang it up- I knew she didn't like getting those soft pretty hands all dried out in gas. Quick learner though, she was!

I debated hiring a full time person to work for CPC, but there were a few issues.

1) I have a full time "Corporate America" job that requires a lot more than 40 hours a week

2) Recently I've been asked to travel with less than 24 hours notice, which could lead to some unhappy pcommers if they had to wait an extra week to get their machine back :)

3) Working out of my house means someone sitting in the same room as me all day doing pickups/dropoffs/phone calls, while I'm on conference calls and such. I've done it in the past and its very distracting and impacts my productivity.

4) In addition to my full time job I teach at Chattahoochee Tech which I absolutely love

I debated it for awhile with my wife and after weighing all our options this seemed like the best thing to do. While I really enjoy doing CPC I find teaching more rewarding (and what I want to do when I retire) and my corporate gig is what pays the big bills.

As far as recommending someone else. Obviously Subby has never worked on my computer but I wouldn't hesitate to use him. Also I've talked with Charles at Home Media Svcs many times. He is a very nice guy and seems to know his stuff.

678-919-7374

http://homemediasvcs.com/

I have a separate number so luckily I won't have to deal with any sales calls long term, although I never got that many anyway.

I debated hiring a full time person to work for CPC, but there were a few issues.

1) I have a full time "Corporate America" job that requires a lot more than 40 hours a week

2) Recently I've been asked to travel with less than 24 hours notice, which could lead to some unhappy pcommers if they had to wait an extra week to get their machine back :)

3) Working out of my house means someone sitting in the same room as me all day doing pickups/dropoffs/phone calls, while I'm on conference calls and such. I've done it in the past and its very distracting and impacts my productivity.

4) In addition to my full time job I teach at Chattahoochee Tech which I absolutely love

I debated it for awhile with my wife and after weighing all our options this seemed like the best thing to do. While I really enjoy doing CPC I find teaching more rewarding (and what I want to do when I retire) and my corporate gig is what pays the big bills.

As far as recommending someone else. Obviously Subby has never worked on my computer but I wouldn't hesitate to use him. Also I've talked with Charles at Home Media Svcs many times. He is a very nice guy and seems to know his stuff.

678-919-7374

I have a separate number so luckily I won't have to deal with any sales calls long term, although I never got that many anyway.

Dude! You've got a great full time job with OT. When engineering picks back up, I hope to be back to my 20+ year way of life too. When that happens, it'll be a bittersweet departure. But I'm sure I'll still be fixin mowers in my off time, as you will no doubt keep the family and friends fixed up. Good luck to you, and bless you for choosing family over business. I know we need both to survive, but family always comes first. You're a fine man for knowing that.

• Like 1

I Luv My Geek

288 Derby Run

Dallas, Georgia 30132

Phone (678) 685-9759

Has been a long time business member here.

He has been starting up a new business doing graphics and car wrapping.

He will be glad to help folks out.

I have known Robin for years, he has fixed a few of my PC's over the years.

Subby made an excellent point about Nick's name, and Subby's name, being on their work and that means THEIR reputation is on the line. It's often easier said than done to hire someone to take over. ESPECIALLY in the situation that Nick, Subby and my husband were/are in. It's not just your business, it's your baby, your life and your future. Sometimes closing a closely run business IS the smart move.

Good luck Nick!!

678-919-7374

Didn't realize you also had a corporate job and did this on the side. In that case yeah, 80+ hours a week plus a family, good for you. You gotta take a stand.

Didn't realize you also had a corporate job and did this on the side. In that case yeah, 80+ hours a week plus a family, good for you. You gotta take a stand.

That's why he is SO GOOD!! ;) During my "hot" season, I simply didn't have time for computers, so I called on Nick to set me up. I trust that guy 100%. I can't blame anyone for wanting to spend time with family. Lord knows, I've turned down many on the road tours with really good bands when my kids were still young children. If I had it to do over again, I'd do it the same way. Nothing is more important than your family (and friends) and having time to spend with them.