Paulding.com

Justin Rowland Board of Education At Large

It is with great excitement and pleasure that I announce my candidacy for PAULDING COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION AT LARGE. I look forward to introducing my ideas for the future of our children, teachers and community of Paulding County. Please visit my Facebook page and browse around and leave questions, comments or concerns regarding the Paulding County School System. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank You!

Justin Rowland

justinrowland@me.com

post-45710-0-41315000-1339619226_thumb.jpg

Trying to make you feel at home. So tell us about yourself, your plan and you might want to explain the "At Large" position as well.

Do you have any money I can borrow? 8)

Haha, Thanks!

Feel free to look at my Facebook page https://www.facebook...landBOEpaulding

Well, I have been a resident of Paulding County for 25 years. I went through the school system K-11. I wouldn't say I have a plan more so as a vision for the school system. I know just like everywhere, there are budget shortfalls that will have to be looked at very carefully. I have been focused on the hot issue of school choice, which I find most parents support. I have been doing a lot of research on the topic and been given a lot of information about it. I have a passion for healthy living, which would include looking at the school lunch program in our county. I have been consulting with a few people in the health food industry and have learned some great information on revamping the school lunches such as Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.

As to your "At Large" question, simply put, the entire county can vote on this position. Paulding County is split into 6 districts, with the "7" district being the At Large. Along with voting for your respective district, you will be voting for the At Large as well. I hope this clarifies.

I was hoping that you would have money for me to borrow?!? biggrin.gif

In another forum I vented about the current school disciplinary policies regarding fighting. If a kid starts punching you, are you supposed to just stand there and take a whoopin and then tattle to the teacher?

According to "Policy" if you fight in school (even if you didn't start it), you get hauled off to JAIL... I have a huge problem with that.

Can you PLEDGE to try to change this absurd policy? A kid should have the right to defend himself and not face punishment for doing so.

• Like 1

In another forum I vented about the current school disciplinary policies regarding fighting. If a kid starts punching you, are you supposed to just stand there and take a whoopin and then tattle to the teacher?

According to "Policy" if you fight in school (even if you didn't start it), you get hauled off to JAIL... I have a huge problem with that.

Can you PLEDGE to try to change this absurd policy? A kid should have the right to defend himself and not face punishment for doing so.

:drinks: :good:

Haha, Thanks!

Well, I have been a resident of Paulding County for 25 years. I went through the school system K-11. I wouldn't say I have a plan more so as a vision for the school system. I know just like everywhere, there are budget shortfalls that will have to be looked at very carefully. I have been focused on the hot issue of school choice, which I find most parents support. I have been doing a lot of research on the topic and been given a lot of information about it. I have a passion for healthy living, which would include looking at the school lunch program in our county. I have been consulting with a few people in the health food industry and have learned some great information on revamping the school lunches such as Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution.

As to your "At Large" question, simply put, the entire county can vote on this position. Paulding County is split into 6 districts, with the "7" district being the At Large. Along with voting for your respective district, you will be voting for the At Large as well. I hope this clarifies.

The whole county votes on all of the positions. You can run for the at large position and it does not matter what post you live in. You may live in one that is held by another BOE member.

Haha, Thanks!

Don't school choice come from the state.

To bad this brave soul isn't answering the questions that was brought forth to him.

I saw him on here two other times and he still didn't answer the questions.

Just one he did. Voting for him isn't looking to good.

Never mind. I found out a little about you. You went to EPHS and your Aunt is a teacher and you are a youngin'! Since you can't answer question, I will just do the investigating myself.

Sorry for the delay Lucky64, I'm having a few issues with Pcom.

Yes I did go to EPHS and I suppose you know my aunt?

Sorry for the delay Lucky64, I'm having a few issues with Pcom.

Yes I did go to EPHS and I suppose you know my aunt?

NOPE! Unless she is the one that just retired from EPHS first semester.

Starting off negatively doesn't bode well for getting what you're looking for. Just a thought.

So true, so true, and now I know he isn't. Not yet any way!!

Justin:

I'm closing this topic.

I want you to stop by our office at 1033 Merchants Drive (suite a) and visit with us.

we very well may put up a video of you answering our questions and the questions of those who have them.

pubby

PS: If you have a question for Justin, PM me.