Paulding.com

The Devil in a Red Kilt

Ok, we have Elysabeth scheduled for a book signing to introduce her new book! Yippee!

Join us on September 11th from 2-4pm and help us welcome a new paulding author into the book world!

We are taking pre-orders, so call the store to reserve your copy!

Expecting great things from this new author, so if you like your romances, read on....

Description:

Their Happily Ever After

Deserved a Second Chance …

For more than twenty years, Evan and Evie MacDonald were the couple “meant to be.” Their marriage now in tatters, they throw one final family Halloween party to honor Evie’s recently deceased mother. But, as Evan’s hand hovers over divorce papers, the ancient Celtic secrets Evie’s mother always spoke of spring to life.

Transported in flames to thirteenth-century Scotland, Evie and Evan land on opposite sides of the feud raging between Clans MacDonald and McLeod. Dubbed the Red Devil, Evan’s skills as a leader and warrior bring him into the enemy camp—and back to Evie. Now, faced with an ancient evil they never imagined, the two must rekindle the “forever and ever” kind of love they once felt, and bargain for a bit of Fae magic to flip the hourglass right side up again—before time runs out.

Reviews and Other Information:

"I picked up this story because nothing picques my interest more than a good Scottish man and a love story. I started reading it and my heart broke for Even and Evie, who clearly were so in love but we're struggling with outside issues affecting their marriage.

I got totally and completely lost in the characters. The plot and story idea is genius. I loved that they have to find each other in the thirteenth century. They have to fight for the love they had and the love they will have. This was a book I couldn't put down once I started.

I highly recommend getting lost in this wonderful book. Your going to fall in love with Evan, his Doc Martins, and Evie too."

Night Owl Romance

"DEVIL IN A RED KILT by Elysabeth Williams was an entertaining read and at times, hard to predict - which is a good thing. Of all the aspects of this story, I loved the hero, Evan, best. He was really something. Sexy, Scottish, full of honor and integrity, he had such deep love for his wife. Despite their marital problems and temptation thrown his way, gorgeous Evan didn't stray... Then comes the really cool part: Evan and Evie are thrown back in time to Medieval Scotland and the real adventures begin. They are, of course, on opposite sides, ending up with families who are against each other. But Evan is continuously put in bad situations and proves what a real man he is...

There are many touching, charming moments throughout the story, and true love is present... What a great, romantic story! I'd definitely recommend it and will look for this author's work in the future."

Long & Short Reviews

devilinaredkilt.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for that, we really need to remember all the "little ol' me" type stores. We can only survive if we thrive and we can only thrive if you help us survive!

I agree and have no problem doing my part... and fyi, which I'm sure you know -- on the big box store front, B&N is up for sale and Borders has already closed down most of their UK shops. The whole industry is suffering a huge shift in the force, so to speak.

I don't know how you get to Macland, but I'd go down Macland (away from Dallas) & take that to New Macland. Turn right onto New Macland. Go all the way to the end of New Macland where it ends at a BP station and Johnny's BBQ - Turn right on that road (Marietta street?) and the Book Worm is on your Left.

If you get to the RR Tracks you've got too far.

I gets to see boaf of you at the same time??? I hear a REVerand is going to be there with her camera. :ninja: Gonna be so much fun. :yahoo:

I'll have Scottish Shortbread cookies too. (like a hot guy in a kilt isn't reason enough to come see me. Just sayin') :ninja:

I gets to see boaf of you at the same time??? I hear a REVerand is going to be there with her camera. :ninja: Gonna be so much fun. :yahoo:

I'll have Scottish Shortbread cookies too. (like a hot guy in a kilt isn't reason enough to come see me. Just sayin') :ninja:

Does everyone have this date on their schedules??? We are expecting to have a lot of p.commers stop in;o)

Does everyone have this date on their schedules??? We are expecting to have a lot of p.commers stop in;o)

indeed.

and might i say, it's wonderful to be dating again. :wub:

OMG!

The cover guy is going to be there?

:clapping:

I'm doing the bring-your-own-tent thing and getting there early.

This is bigger than the ipad!

:lol:

OMG!

The cover guy is going to be there?

:clapping:

I'm doing the bring-your-own-tent thing and getting there early.

This is bigger than the ipad!

:lol:

Suurrrrrrrre he'll be there..

(on the cover of the book :ninja: )

He's apparently some guy in Oregon -- the publisher went through pains to find an actual MacDonald kilt and McLeod claymore for the photo shoot. I was impressed with their dedication :D

Most of the pictures they took of him were of him grinning or smiling. They had a hard time getting him to brood. Probably was thinking "awww yeeeahh.. imma be on a romance novel" :lol:

Suurrrrrrrre he'll be there..

(on the cover of the book :ninja: )

He's apparently some guy in Oregon -- the publisher went through pains to find an actual MacDonald kilt and McLeod claymore for the photo shoot. I was impressed with their dedication :D

Most of the pictures they took of him were of him grinning or smiling. They had a hard time getting him to brood. Probably was thinking "awww yeeeahh.. imma be on a romance novel" :lol:

Maybe he was grimacing, not grinning.

I imagine Oregon can be kind of cold for kilt wearing.

Proper kilt wearing, that is.

:blush:

Just in..... Reviews on Beth's book- How awesome are these!

From Nightowlreviews.com

Author: Elysabeth Williams

Genre: Historical Romance

Reviewed by: Heathermh

I picked up this story because nothing peeks my interest more than a good Scottish man and a love story. I started reading it and my heart broke for Even and Evie, who clearly were so in love but we're struggling with outside issues effecting their marriage.

I got totally and completely lost in the characters. The plot and story idea is genius. I loved that they have to find each other in the thirteenth century. They have to fight for the love they had and the love they will have. This was a book I couldn't put down once I started.

I highly recommend getting lost in this wonderful book. Your going to fall in love with Evan, his Doc Martins, and Evie too.

&&&&&

From Long and Short Reviews;

Devil in a Red Kilt by Elysabeth Williams was an entertaining read and at times, hard to predict -- which is a good thing.

Of all the aspects of this story, I loved the hero, Evan, best. He was really something. Sexy, Scottish, full of honor and integrity, he had such deep love for his wife. Despite their marital problems and temptation thrown his way, gorgeous Evan didn't stray.

I liked Evan's family too, the teenaged kids, and his Southern wife, Evie. She's a great cook and full of spunk. I was sad when she misunderstood a situation with Evan and wanted a divorce, but the conflict kept me reading.

The sexual tension throughout was well done and tasteful. I loved how Evan kept trying to find his way back to his beloved wife's heart. I could feel his passion and frustration.

Then comes the really cool part: Evan and Evie are thrown back in time to Medieval Scotland and the real adventures begin. They are, of course, on opposite sides, ending up with families who are against each other. But Evan is continuously put in bad situations and proves what a real man he is.

There are many touching, charming moments throughout the story, and true love is present. When Even has to take the blame for someone else¹s murders and approaches Evie and the family she¹s staying with, excellent tension occurs. I kept waiting to see how Evie would react to him when they met up again.

At first this was a good thing. I enjoyed the tension at first, but it was taken a bit far. When they were in the same room, more than once, for one reason or another, his identity was kept from her. I started to get frustrated with this. Also, there were big chunks of 'telling' one of those things I don't really like, and lots of head hopping and some point of view issues that distracted me.

However, I very much enjoyed the story overall, the joyous moments particularly, and the interesting twist concerning the Fae. What a great, romantic story! I'd definitely recommend it and will look for this author's work in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I made my first trip to the Bookworm this week and had a chance tcheck out this book. Let me start by saying hot guy on the front looks like Sawyer from Lost (yummmmm)I am going to try to make it to the book signing and pick up my copy then. So I will see you girls there ^_^

I made my first trip to the Bookworm this week and had a chance tcheck out this book. Let me start by saying hot guy on the front looks like Sawyer from Lost (yummmmm)I am going to try to make it to the book signing and pick up my copy then. So I will see you girls there ^_^

I hope you enjoyed your visit!