Paulding.com

I want to know if the Stout mailer went to each and every citizen in the 19th district, or if it only went to republicans. If you are a member of the 19th district, DID NOT vote in the last republican primary, AND received the mailer, please post here.

I'd also love to hear from someone in the printing industry as to how much this slick mailing would have cost.

Off to figure out who "The Stoneridge Group" is.

Did you get it today? I live in dist. 19 and I haven't seen one yet... If it came in today I will not know until around 6 if I got it.

No, I got mine late last week.

Stoneridge Group

It says the postage was paid by the Stoneridge Group. I wonder who's paying The Stoneridge Group?

From their website:

Stoneridge professionals use their combined 30 years of real campaign experience to create a targeted direct mail or ecampaign plan that gives your campaign the best chance for success.

While most clients approach us about securing our direct mail services, they soon learn we also provide top-notch consulting services at no additional charge. Our professionals will show you how to properly integrate your direct mail plan with television and internet solutions that help you target the right voters and ensure that your resources are spent wisely.

Stoneridge Group

It says the postage was paid by the Stoneridge Group. I wonder who's paying The Stoneridge Group?

From their website:

All of their clients are republicans and the national and state republican parties. I'm guessing that they are funded completely by the republican party.

more from their site:

</h1>

<h1 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 11px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; font-size: 16px; font-family: Geneva, Tahoma, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(43, 76, 93); text-transform: uppercase; ">COMPLETE DIRECT MAIL CAMPAIGNS

For ten years, we've been making a name for ourselves by producing award-winning direct mail that drops on time and gives your campaign an edge. We know how to get your mail to the people who need to see it and won't waste your money with random mailings and imprecise lists.

Stoneridge professionals will provide your campaign or organization with a targeted direct mail plan that gives you the best chance for success. We design beautiful biographical pieces that help the reader connect with your story. And when necessary, we help create effective pieces that allow you to quickly and easily illustrate the differences between you and your opponent. Whatever type of mail your situation calls for, we understand how to make it leave a lasting impression with the voter.

Ya know sometimes we can nit pick something to death,he had to pay for it. A company that does mailers. :mellow:

Don't be so sure that "he had to pay for it". It came from "Representative Daniel Stout". So either his campaign paid for it, or the taxpayers did.

Stoneridge Group

From their website:

Then no, we didn't get one. And neither my husband nor I voted in the last primary. :blush: We forgot.

more from their site:

</h1>

Don't be so sure that "he had to pay for it". It came from "Representative Daniel Stout". So either his campaign paid for it, or the taxpayers did.

I believe contributors (even corporate contributors) can donate services or pay for specific items (commercials, mailings, etc.). This firm could be using money paid by the Republican Party to fund the mailing.

Then no, we didn't get one. And neither my husband nor I voted in the last primary. :blush: We forgot.

What I'm trying to determine is who is being targeted and who paid for it.

It says "2010 Gold Dome Connection". If it is truly intended to "inform" the voters in the 19th district, it should have gone to EVERY citizen, regardless of their party affiliation, especially IF taxpayers paid for the slick mailer. If the re-election campaign paid for it, then I find it dishonest and vote pandering.

Madea:

If it says "Vote for Daniel Stout" anywhere on it, it was paid for by his campaign and will be reported as a campaign expenditure.

If I'm not mistaken, members of the Georgia General Assembly do not get access to mass mailings through the state. They may reply to letters sent to them with letters sent from them on official legislative matters on official legislative stationary sent from the Capitol. But these have to be personal correspondence. They would not employ a third party with a mailing permit to do this. It is red herring to suggest as much.

The only 'legislators' who can get away with mass mailing - albeit it can't be for obvious political purposes - is the US congressman who has franking privileges. The only mass mailing things I object to are the cornpone questionnaires they send out asking questions like "Are you a good American like me?" Do you favor lower Taxes? Should we increase your Social Security payments to keep up with the cost of living? and, of course, "Should the US government do everything legally possible to prevent another attack like 911?" But even this mailers can't hint that a voter should vote for the Congressman or else he'd be hit with a ethics violation that would make Nathan Deal blush ... well maybe not Deal ;)

pubby

I want to know if the Stout mailer went to each and every citizen in the 19th district, or if it only went to republicans. If you are a member of the 19th district, DID NOT vote in the last republican primary, AND received the mailer, please post here.

I'd also love to hear from someone in the printing industry as to how much this slick mailing would have cost.

Off to figure out who "The Stoneridge Group" is.

Are they the same group that consulted for the last school bond?

Madea:

If it says "Vote for Daniel Stout" anywhere on it, it was paid for by his campaign and will be reported as a campaign expenditure.

If I'm not mistaken, members of the Georgia General Assembly do not get access to mass mailings through the state. They may reply to letters sent to them with letters sent from them on official legislative matters on official legislative stationary sent from the Capitol. But these have to be personal correspondence. They would not employ a third party with a mailing permit to do this. It is red herring to suggest as much.

The only 'legislators' who can get away with mass mailing - albeit it can't be for obvious political purposes - is the US congressman who has franking privileges. The only mass mailing things I object to are the cornpone questionnaires they send out asking questions like "Are you a good American like me?" Do you favor lower Taxes? Should we increase your Social Security payments to keep up with the cost of living? and, of course, "Should the US government do everything legally possible to prevent another attack like 911?" But even this mailers can't hint that a voter should vote for the Congressman or else he'd be hit with a ethics violation that would make Nathan Deal blush ... well maybe not Deal ;)

pubby

I think the red herring is Stout.

NO WHERE on the mailer does it mention the upcoming primary or does it say vote for dan stout.

My impression is that it IS a political mailer designed to get stout re-elected under the guise of informing the voters of what he's been up to during his very short term.

Are they the same group that consulted for the last school bond?

I don't know the answer to that.

Madea: he can use his legislative expense account as long as it is for legislative purposes and not for his re-election campaign. I received one but I am a republican voter.

Madea:

pubby

This is not true. State legislators can employ a third party to produce and mail legislative "newsletters." They can receive reimbursement through their expense accounts.

His campaign expenditure reports don't indicate that the campaign has paid for the thusfar, but the last report filed was in April and covers expenditures through mid-March. The one thing that bothers me is that his campaign donated to support Sam Teasley's campaign. I know that is perfectly legal, but I don't like that practice.

Madea: he can use his legislative expense account as long as it is for legislative purposes and not for his re-election campaign. I received one but I am a republican voter.

This is not true. State legislators can employ a third party to produce and mail legislative "newsletters." They can receive reimbursement through their expense accounts.

So, do you know? Did he or did he not use taxpayer funds for this "informative" mailer?

So, do you know? Did he or did he not use taxpayer funds for this "informative" mailer?

I have no idea. I threw it away when I received. The only way to know is to ask his campaign or wait until the next disclosure period to see if a payment to Stoneridge shows. I do know they are not cheap, you are looking at around $20,000 for a mass mailing.

I have no idea. I threw it away when I received. The only way to know is to ask his campaign or wait until the next disclosure period to see if a payment to Stoneridge shows. I do know they are not cheap, you are looking at around $20,000 for a mass mailing.

I've sent him an email requesting the information on who paid for this, but I'm not holding my breath. He didn't respond the last time.

Wow! $20K. I wonder when the next disclosure would be revealed? Probably not in time for the primary.

What I find more funny about the mailer is that he touts passing the Zero Based Budgeting bill that the Governor actually vetoed. :wacko:

blink.gif rofl.gif

ya'll really need to get over this witch hunt of trying to pin something illegal on House Representive Daniel Stout, He is much to shrewd,And a very polished politican to attempt something that is illegal, Besides that he has a well funded campaign, And you can expect several more mailers between now and election day,This was simply a prelude to what is coming, In an attempt to reach the early voters,And win this thing on the first ballot :lol: With no need for a runoff :lol:

Wow! $20K. I wonder when the next disclosure would be revealed? Probably not in time for the primary.

blink.gif rofl.gif

Next disclosure is due July 8th.

I did notice on Casey Cagle's campaign disclosure report that he paid Stoneridge $7,800 in January for campaign design services so if Stout is smart, it will show up on his next disclosure report.

Edited by LisaC

ya'll really need to get over this witch hunt of trying to pin something illegal on House Representive Daniel Stout, He is much to shrewd,And a very polished politican to attempt something that is illegal, Besides that he has a well funded campaign, And you can expect several more mailers between now and election day,This was simply a prelude to what is coming, In an attempt to reach the early voters,And win this thing on the first ballot :lol: With no need for a runoff :lol:

I don't see this as a witch hunt - most campaign materials indicate who and how they were paid for - this didn't so inquiring minds want to know....

FYI - "a very polished politician" -- those words always worry me.....

But if he has not been billed for these services and actually paid the bill then it will not appear on the campaign disclosure as an expenditure, Remember the School Bond, If My memory serves me right I think the actual expenditure first showed up 10 months later.

Of course Mr Stout, Who portrays himself as being transparent, candid, And open I am sure he will provide the information by the July deadline :D

I did notice on Casey Cagle's campaign disclosure report that he paid Stoneridge $7,800 in January for campaign design services so if Stout is smart, it will show up on his next disclosure report.

My best guess is Cagle's money is for a campaign website.

I believe contributors (even corporate contributors) can donate services or pay for specific items (commercials, mailings, etc.). This firm could be using money paid by the Republican Party to fund the mailing.

I don't think the Republican Party picks a candidate in the Primary to give money to. If they do then I have an issue with it!!!!

This is not a witch hunt, and not trying to say it was illegal. My issue is that IF it is a campaign mailer it should be identified as such. He should not making it look like a "service" to the citizens of the district since it does not appear it went to every citizen.

I don't see this as a witch hunt - most campaign materials indicate who and how they were paid for - this didn't so inquiring minds want to know....

FYI - "a very polished politician" -- those words always worry me.....

I agree.

If they send out a "Legislative Newsletter" just before a primary I have a problem with it. I believe there are 8 legislators (Fed) who are facing ethics charges because of the timing of some fund raising parties they have held before key votes. To me this would fall into the same category.

If they send out a "Legislative Newsletter" just before a primary I have a problem with it. I believe there are 8 legislators (Fed) who are facing ethics charges because of the timing of some fund raising parties they have held before key votes. To me this would fall into the same category.

Did you get one? If not, let me know and I will save mine for you to see.

Did you get one? If not, let me know and I will save mine for you to see.

I got one but did not read it as carefully as I should have. It went where a lot of the campaign materials at my house go. I wish I had looked closer.dry.gif I would like to look at it again.

I got one but did not read it as carefully as I should have. It went where a lot of the campaign materials at my house go. I wish I had looked closer.dry.gif I would like to look at it again.

I'll share it. It is "appearing" that it most likely went to those who voted in the last republican primary.

UPDATE:

Stout paid for the mailers from his own personal funds. It is a reimbursable expense as a representative and he will be seeking reimbursement. The mailer was sent to a mix of district 19 households, but not all, and met the requirements for reimbursement.

My questions are answered. Do with it what you will.

Thank you for clearing this up! It is good to know that a politician did something honest and upright and there was nothing illegal or unethical going on! Let' me know that maybe Stout deserves another look for my vote since he had done the right thing all along. I wasn't planning on voting for him at all but now that I know he had done something honestly, I will certainly reconsider. Thanks!

• Like 1

I never thought it was illegal. I just had some questions.

Mr. Stout indicated this cost approx. $5k. Multiply that by 180 districts and see how much the State (i.e., your tax dollars) spent on these. I'm wondering if Howard Maxwell sent these out to the 17th district?

UPDATE:

Stout paid for the mailers from his own personal funds. It is a reimbursable expense as a representative and he will be seeking reimbursement. The mailer was sent to a mix of district 19 households, but not all, and met the requirements for reimbursement.

My questions are answered. Do with it what you will.

Wow! $20,000 worth of expenses for a mailer. Even $10,000 is way to much if it is tax payer dollars. I don't care what politician is sending them out if it is being paid for with tax dollars I think that is the first place they need to start trimming the budget!!!

I never thought it was illegal. I just had some questions.

Mr. Stout indicated this cost approx. $5k. Multiply that by 180 districts and see how much the State (i.e., your tax dollars) spent on these. I'm wondering if Howard Maxwell sent these out to the 17th district?

I posted the $20,000 estimate before I read this. It is still too much and something that could go away (in my taxpayer opinion).

Yet another opportunity to clarify some mis-information!

I've been getting a lot of these opportunities lately.

So, here is the scoop...

1. I paid for the mail from my personal funds. The bill was $5,679.99. Elected officials have a budget with which we are supposed to communicate with our districts. The budget is around $7,000 for a typical Representative. Chairmen get more allowance for postage etc. In order for a mailing to qualify for reimbursement it must be sent to citizens regardless of their political affiliation. This mail was sent to Democrats and Republicans. I don't have the list of who it was sent to... but I know it was sent to Democrats because I have fielded many calls from constituents who were not happy about some of my stances. I will file for reimbursement for this expenditure.

2. The Stoneridge group provides legislative updates to many of the Representatives in the GA House. They are familiar with the list-serve rules and ensure the news-letters are sent to the appropriate mix of citizens. They were very professional and helpful. They also provide campaign services... but have never provided any for me, and are not related to my campaign in any way. Period.

3. News Junky and Madea- Both of y'all have my cell number. I'd appreciate it if you would please call me before posting "less-than-accurate" information. I'd be happy -in the future- to clarify these issues before they get posted.

Look, I recognize that PCom is not a Daniel Stout fan club... but I'd appreciate an attempt at honesty from those of you who post about me here.

Thanks,

Daniel

Yet another opportunity to clarify some mis-information!

I've been getting a lot of these opportunities lately.

So, here is the scoop...

1. I paid for the mail from my personal funds. The bill was $5,679.99. Elected officials have a budget with which we are supposed to communicate with our districts. The budget is around $7,000 for a typical Representative. Chairmen get more allowance for postage etc. In order for a mailing to qualify for reimbursement it must be sent to citizens regardless of their political affiliation. This mail was sent to Democrats and Republicans. I don't have the list of who it was sent to... but I know it was sent to Democrats because I have fielded many calls from constituents who were not happy about some of my stances. I will file for reimbursement for this expenditure.

2. The Stoneridge group provides legislative updates to many of the Representatives in the GA House. They are familiar with the list-serve rules and ensure the news-letters are sent to the appropriate mix of citizens. They were very professional and helpful. They also provide campaign services... but have never provided any for me, and are not related to my campaign in any way. Period.

3. News Junky and Madea- Both of y'all have my cell number. I'd appreciate it if you would please call me before posting "less-than-accurate" information. I'd be happy -in the future- to clarify these issues before they get posted.

Look, I recognize that PCom is not a Daniel Stout fan club... but I'd appreciate an attempt at honesty from those of you who post about me here.

Thanks,

Daniel

I don't think I posted any information at all that was not accurate. I went with the estimate someone else stated and gave my opinion about the mailers coming from you or any other Representative or House Member. I know how to call and ask without having money spent on them. I would think any constituent could. That is not a slam against you at all. It is an opinion about money I think could be saved in the budget crunch we have.