Paulding.com

where at on Nebo?

Nebo at Carruth. The boom sounded much farther away towards Catfish den area.

This was the loudest boom I have ever heard around here. Even the fireworks in Hiram last July were not as loud.

Does the County post where and when blasting is be done? I would like a warning next time... so I can go watch!

As I was leaving the new WellStar Hospital the other day, a guy got out of his pickup truck and stopped me (thank goodness for good reason, I was about to pass what I thought was an annoying fool stoppin his truck in the middle of the road.) Anyway..................after locking my doors in my car to make sure I was safe from this apparent crazy man, LOL, he told me "mam, we're about to set off some explosives." I asked him where, and he pointed to the general area. I told him "cool", and it was.! Anyway, I think someone's doing construction work off of BC, and it's pretty neat to see, and they're being very cautious.

As I was leaving the new WellStar Hospital the other day, a guy got out of his pickup truck and stopped me (thank goodness for good reason, I was about to pass what I thought was an annoying fool stoppin his truck in the middle of the road.) Anyway..................after locking my doors in my car to make sure I was safe from this apparent crazy man, LOL, he told me "mam, we're about to set off some explosives." I asked him where, and he pointed to the general area. I told him "cool", and it was.! Anyway, I think someone's doing construction work off of BC, and it's pretty neat to see, and they're being very cautious.

Where is this NEW WELLSTAR you are speaking of????

Where is this NEW WELLSTAR you are speaking of????

Funny thing about that, I wasn't sure either, and I had an 11:30 appt. to get a female booby thing done the other day. Thank God I left the house early. I've had it done at the old Wellstar hospital in downtown Dallas for years now. Got there the other day, and the lady at the desk said "Oh, no, you need to go to the new facility off B. Caruther's Pkwy. Well, I don't know about you, but I've lived out this way for close to 20 years now, and all the different names for all the same roads drives the crap out of me, and I had 10 minutes to find the dang place. Anyway - going from the "old" hospital I went back away from "downtown" until I reached Dallas Hwy. From there I took a right at the Briar Patch, crossed 278, and there it was in a little bit on the right. You really can't miss it, but it's still a pain trying to find it if you aren't familiar with all the different pet names for all the roads around here. Not just here, I guess it's just something that local areas do.