Paulding.com

How can I receive email and text message ALERTS from the Paulding County Sheriff's Office?

Public Information Release:

The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office

Reaches out to Citizens Online

(Paulding County, GA) The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office is launching a new Community Information Service designed to deliver important and timely information to residents in our area using the latest technology.

This service, created by Nixle, LLC delivers trustworthy and important neighborhood-level public safety and community event notifications by web, e-mail, and cell phone.

Nixle is completely free, simple, and trusted.

Residents of Paulding County can now take advantage of Nixle! Nixle is a community information service that alerts you to public safety threats and community events via web, e-mail, and cell phone. Sign up at www.nixle.com to register.

Register now and learn more at www.nixle.com. Then share this new service with friends and neighbors to spread the word!

We are very excited to have you experience it for yourself.

Nixle is a new community information service provider built exclusively to provide secure and reliable communications. Its authenticated service connects municipal agencies and community organizations to residents in real time, delivering information to geographically targeted consumers over their cell phones (via text messages), through e-mails and through Web access. Nixle is offered at no cost to all governments, their agencies and organizations, nongovernmental organizations and consumers.

“This service will allow us to share important information with our citizens very quickly,” said Sheriff Gary Gulledge. “We wanted to find a way to get ‘time sensitive’ information in to our communities…We found it!”

For now, Paulding County residents will be able to receive police-related information via Nixle. Channels providing other kinds of information are expected to be introduced in the future.

Craig Mitnick, the founder and CEO of Nixle, said Nixle differs from current services such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, which provide unauthenticated platforms for connections. Nixle solves that problem by providing a single standardized service for consumers to receive immediate and credible neighborhood-level public safety and community information.

Nixle is a first-of-its-kind tool for communities that need to provide critical information to their residents,” said Craig Mitnick, founder and CEO. “When it comes to public safety information, you have to trust the source. Residents of Paulding County can rest easy that the local messages they receive are authentic.”

About Nixle

Nixle is a community information service provider built exclusively to provide secure and reliable communications. It is the first authenticated and secure service that connects municipal agencies and community organizations to residents in real time, delivering information to geographically targeted consumers over their cell phones (via text messages), through e-mails and via Web access. Nixle has secured a partnership with Nlets (the International Justice and Public Safety Network), allowing local police departments nationwide to send immediate alerts and advisories. Privately funded Nixle, which has offices in New Jersey and California, is free to all governments, their agencies and organizations, nongovernmental organizations and consumers. For more information, visit www.nixle.com.

-30-

Added the PCSO address as a location and it came up.

Just as a note, my home address has a Douglasville zip, although it's1 block from Dallas and Hiram zips.

I had to choose a close location, Nebo Rd & Dallas Nebo Rd, Hiram because it wouldn't recognize my address.

Now it says that there are no locations in the system for me???

How do I get Paulding County?

I had to choose a close location, Nebo Rd & Dallas Nebo Rd, Hiram because it wouldn't recognize my address.

The notifications are sent out within a certain mile radius of where the incident is taking place. We can choose how large of an area to send the notification out to when we send the message. If we are looking for a missing person in a certain area, we have the option of only notifying people that live within that area. We can also send the notification out county wide if we choose.

The reason that nothing is showing up for you is because we have not had any incidents take place recently in your area that we sent out notifications on. Also, if your home is fairly new, the address may not be recognized on the mapping system. You may have to choose an intersection to list that is near your home. That way you will receive the notifications that are in your area.

Again, I have checked and there is no way to view all of the messages that we have issued. You will only be able to see the ones that are in your area.

I am in the city of Dallas, but off of Happy Valley Church Road and it says it doesn't exist and our community was built in 2005-2007 and doesn't recognize my home address. I tried three different ways for an address and nothing.

I am in the city of Dallas, but off of Happy Valley Church Road and it says it doesn't exist and our community was built in 2005-2007 and doesn't recognize my home address. I tried three different ways for an address and nothing.

Try using road names and not Highway numbers when you enter cross streats. Also use the "&" symbol between the road names. (i.e. Villa Rica Hwy. & Jimmy Campbell Pkwy Dallas, GA)

Reply from Nixie:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Nixle.

County-level agencies do not show up currently under the "Settings" tab. This technical issue will be resolved after July 1st. Until that time, you are automatically opted-IN to receive their Alert and Advisory level messages from your county agencies.

Adding the second address is what I recommend to folks if they just want to make sure. Sounds like you have that covered.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Matt Metcalf

Director

Community Management & Relations

The notifications are sent out within a certain mile radius of where the incident is taking place. We can choose how large of an area to send the notification out to when we send the message. If we are looking for a missing person in a certain area, we have the option of only notifying people that live within that area. We can also send the notification out county wide if we choose.

The reason that nothing is showing up for you is because we have not had any incidents take place recently in your area that we sent out notifications on. Also, if your home is fairly new, the address may not be recognized on the mapping system. You may have to choose an intersection to list that is near your home. That way you will receive the notifications that are in your area.

Again, I have checked and there is no way to view all of the messages that we have issued. You will only be able to see the ones that are in your area.

WOW!!! I'm sure mine will show up. I'm going to sign up now.

Thank you.

Love it.

Need help with technical difficulties.

I received my email alerts but not my text alerts, and yes, I do have texting on my phone.

What do I do?

TIA

You can update the settings when you log in to Nixle.com using your user name and password. There is a drop down box that will allow you to choose to receive Advisories, Advisories and Traffic, or Advisories/Community/Traffic via test messages. The "alerts" automatically come to your cell phone via a text if you entered you cell number when you signed up. I think the drop down box is under settings but it may have been under another option. You should be able to find it though. You may want to choose to receive advisories and traffic so that you will be notified by text message if there is traffic congestion in a certain area. Just a thought....

Fox 5 did a special report on Nixle last month. Here is their report....

FOX 5 Special: Online

Cops

Updated: Wednesday, 06 May 2009, 11:33 PM EDT

Published : Wednesday, 06 May 2009, 9:59 PM EDT

Chris Shaw

Edited By: Leigha Baugham | myfoxatlanta.com

ATLANTA (MyFOX ATLANTA) - More and more police departments in Georgia are turning to new internet tools to keep you safe. One website created by an Emory University graduate bills itself as the next Twitter , but for police departments.

Click here for the rest of Fox 5's report and video