Paulding.com

I'm going to try to offer a new service...

I have some very high-end equipment to transfer cassette tapes into digital format, if anyone would be interested. I know I personally have cassettes dating back to 1983 that I would love to transfer to CD. I have state of the art music software that can eliminate noise, and remove other problems associated with old cassettes.

If you would be interested in having this done, shoot me a PM. :)

Well crap. I was hoping you were now offering banjo lessons. :)

:lol: I don't think so!!!! :p

I've already had 3 people want me to do this though, so it may be a better idea than I thought. Of course, my yard machines still have to come first, but this is something I could do in the evening. It's mostly people who have a "treasured" old cassette that they want to have digitized and cleaned up.

I spoke with a friend who is a music engineer. He charges $30 a song just to do a transfer alone!!! Dang.....I was thinking more like 10 per song for an "as is" transfer, then probably around 20 something to remaster it, depending on how rough the recording is and how much time it would take.

I have some very high-end equipment to transfer cassette tapes into digital format, if anyone would be interested. I know I personally have cassettes dating back to 1983 that I would love to transfer to CD. I have state of the art music software that can eliminate noise, and remove other problems associated with old cassettes.

What about LP's and maybe 8tx?? My parents had a singing group in the late 70's early 80's and made two albums, i would love to have them on cd...

What about LP's and maybe 8tx?? My parents had a singing group in the late 70's early 80's and made two albums, i would love to have them on cd...

Sure, if I could lay my hands on a fine quality 8 track player......that could be tough though, and of course, a good magnetic turntable. I haven't had stuff like that in over 20 years.

I got an old 4 track reel to reel recording of some buddies and me jamming back in '85- right when i was first learning how to play metal. can ya burn that too? I know that's a long shot- but I am the only one from that group that didn't die from drug over-dose or suicide :mellow:

AH-HUMMMMMMM..........Do you see me patting myself on my back?????? :lol:

The cassette I need done will be dropped off this afternoon. Let me know what you think - honestly - after you hear it! THANKS so much.

GOOD LUCK with this.....I can see where it could meet a need of many people. Some of the great music stuck in a closet somewhere is not available on CD's.

What about voice cassettes? I made one of my oldest son talking when he was a toddler. If I can find it, I'd love to have it on a CD!

Do you mean those little bitty cassettes like in answering machines? I would need a machine to play it back, then sure I could. I may have to head to Wally World and see if they have anything like that. As far as getting into the comp and into the software....no problem. I can use adapters or even design my own ground-lift direct box to make it happen. When you're a musician, you have no choice but to learn all the ends and outs of that sort of thing. ;) Plus I studied electronics pretty extensively back in my high school days, just for fun.

BTW, SPORTS SOURCE....yours is ready to go. I was pretty blown away by the clarity of the recording.

Do you mean those little bitty cassettes like in answering machines? I would need a machine to play it back, then sure I could. I may have to head to Wally World and see if they have anything like that. As far as getting into the comp and into the software....no problem. I can use adapters or even design my own ground-lift direct box to make it happen. When you're a musician, you have no choice but to learn all the ends and outs of that sort of thing. ;) Plus I studied electronics pretty extensively back in my high school days, just for fun.

BTW, SPORTS SOURCE....yours is ready to go. I was pretty blown away by the clarity of the recording.

No, the little bitty cassettes hadn't been invented then! Just a regular cassette. I hid the player under his bed while he was playing in his room.

No, the little bitty cassettes hadn't been invented then! Just a regular cassette. I hid the player under his bed while he was playing in his room.

Oh, then sure...no problem. I could knock you one out for $30, if it's not too long of a time period. Give me a call if you want to set up a time- I'll be away from the comp for a while.