Paulding.com

People In Business Amaze Me

People in business for themselves amaze me. There have been several people I have contacted in the last couple of months about the products they sell. I have inquired about trying their products, if they have samples, getting more information, etc, etc. Three out of four times the response was they would provide me with what was requested........then.........POOF. No more contact. With the economy the way it is and businesses needing customers, I just find this surprising.

That is all.......vent over.

BTW, this has nothing to do with my sports business. Personal stuff I am interested in purchasing.

People in business for themselves amaze me. There have been several people I have contacted in the last couple of months about the products they sell. I have inquired about trying their products, if they have samples, getting more information, etc, etc. Three out of four times the response was they would provide me with what was requested........then.........POOF. No more contact. With the economy the way it is and businesses needing customers, I just find this surprising.

I suspect you're talking about people (mostly women, perhaps?) who are *dabbling* in a business rather than actually *running* a business. These are folks who saw a home-based business as the ideal way to make some extra money while being a SAHM, working their primary job, etc. Trouble is, you have to devote time and effort to ANY job if you want to be successful with it, and they are unwilling or unable to do that. People who really NEED and WANT your business *will* court you - the others are just dilettantes.

I suspect you're talking about people (mostly women, perhaps?) who are *dabbling* in a business rather than actually *running* a business. These are folks who saw a home-based business as the ideal way to make some extra money while being a SAHM, working their primary job, etc. Trouble is, you have to devote time and effort to ANY job if you want to be successful with it, and they are unwilling or unable to do that. People who really NEED and WANT your business *will* court you - the others are just dilettantes.

I don't think I could have said it any better myself.

:good:

I love...need....and appreciate my customers!

Although I agree with the "dabbling" type individuals, they drive me :wacko: and most times is the reason I tend not to deal with those types of business ..... (((there are exceptions and they do get my repeat business because they have earned it)))

But when I read the OP about businesses I started thinking about the individuals I've called to come give me an estimate or come do work at my home or other type of "when I'm trying to hire" people. TOO many times they don't call back or don't follow through or are just plain rude when talking with me.

Out of 5 companies I called to come give me an estimate on work around my house:

- 2 actually showed up (one of those without notifying me they were actually coming, but they did come by (we called they said they would send someone who came by days later))

- 1 (of the 2 who showed up) followed up with samples & other requested information about their business (licenses, insurance, etc)

Guess who got the job to earn $$?