Paulding.com

The start of something wonderful~

I was eager to begin this phoenix backpiece last night. I worked on it for almost three hours before finding a good stopping point. I still need to outline a few of the feathers and flames. This piece is going to be black & grey.

The plan is to get back to work on it in two weeks ...

Thanks for checking it out,

Sage~

l_9332dd57e81647d2b4cb3c69bfbbd9b0.jpg

I just wish they didn't hurt so much I am a huge whimp... I would finish my 1st one if I could stand it. lol.

On the other hand.. I sat and watched my son get his first tattoo and he didn't flinch...

I guess I am just whimpy, whimpy.. whimpy. :blush:

You aren't whimpy! :D

Every tattoo artist has a different touch, some are heavy handed and some are light handed; it depends on the experience level too. Some newbies dig :o and different parts of the body feel differently.

I rarely have a client feel too uncomfortable to take it but I treat my clients how I want my tattoo artist to treat me :wub:

You aren't whimpy! :D

Every tattoo artist has a different touch, some are heavy handed and some are light handed; it depends on the experience level too. Some newbies dig :o and different parts of the body feel differently.

I rarely have a client feel too uncomfortable to take it but I treat my clients how I want my tattoo artist to treat me :wub:

If I get up enough courage, I may come in to talk with you... my first experience (many many moons ago) was not the best. I love tattoos and I really want to try again. I'm just scared!! :blush:

On a side note.. your dad pierced my belly button long ago at the Dallas shop. :) He was very nice.

If I get up enough courage, I may come in to talk with you... my first experience (many many moons ago) was not the best. I love tattoos and I really want to try again. I'm just scared!! :blush:

On a side note.. your dad pierced my belly button long ago at the Dallas shop. :) He was very nice.

Aw, yeah, I miss him a bunch ... ;)

Definitely come see me; I have lots of wonderful Pcom references :lol:

Can you tell me what are the "rules/laws" for age requirements at your shop, state of GA? My son is 17 and has been chomping at the bit for a while for a tat. I've told him to wait until 18, but I really don't know. Thanks.

Great question!

It is Georgia state law that you have to be 18 years old to be tattooed, no parental consent ... if another shop tells you otherwise I would run for the hills. Anyone who is willing to break the law and lose their license over tattooing a minor is probably cutting corners in other areas as well such as sterlization standards ;) I mention that because there are shops out there who tattoo minors and mislead the parents by telling them that their written consent is okay.

Looks Great

Thanks!

Very handsome phoenix, Sage. I wish the guy would go for color, though.

The primary charge in my SCA coat of arms is a red phoenix - it's my favorite mythical beast. :wub:

Thanks :D Yeah, color would be awesome in this piece especially since it is so large! I could go nuts with color :lol:

Very nice work. I have always wanted a tattoo but like one of the other posters said I'm afraid of the pain.

Thanks! The pain isn't that bad ... :D

awesome work as usual SAge .. cant wait to see the finished piece ! ... :wub:

Thanks Kel :wub: I am looking forward to finishing this one up. It will wear me out but the result will be well worth it!