Paulding.com

Now freebird, you dang good and well that the end of the month has nothing to do with the extra enforcement! When I was at Cobb, we called in everyone, plus the reserve deputies, to work patrol on halloween. Usually we needed everyone we could get!

I know that our current sheriff doesn't like tickets, so I can only figure that extra units were on duty and simply keeping busy until more action started in the evening.

honestly, I wish that the units worked like this every day. I hear 138 working traffic a lot (meaning making stops one after the other) but not a lot of other units are dedicated to traffic stops - I wish they consistently were out there writing citations.

128 was mainly working Garmon Rd.

I know that our current sheriff doesn't like tickets, so I can only figure that extra units were on duty and simply keeping busy until more action started in the evening.

honestly, I wish that the units worked like this every day. I hear 138 working traffic a lot (meaning making stops one after the other) but not a lot of other units are dedicated to traffic stops - I wish they consistently were out there writing citations.

There were three at the 'creek' on Hughes road, when I came home from work...

writing tickets... and one of them was still there writing tickets when I came back

through on the way to go trick-or-treating, over two hours later.

Gotta hit those quotas, I guess :rolleyes:

(The speed limit through there is 35. Easy pickin's, fo sho.)

Not true. How do you even start to speculate as to a specific Deputies assignment when you have nothing to base it on. He very well may be on a traffic unit and not patrol.

I can draw on my own experience listening to the scanner.

I know that today there was more than normal citations being written.

And I would say that correlates with how many Deputies were assigned to work traffic which no one on here knows.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
There were three at the 'creek' on Hughes road, when I came home from work...

writing tickets... and one of them was still there writing tickets when I came back

through on the way to go trick-or-treating, over two hours later.

Gotta hit those quotas, I guess :rolleyes:

(The speed limit through there is 35. Easy pickin's, fo sho.)

Every cop I know tells me there is no such thing as "quotas" where their ticket writing is concerned.

Every cop I know tells me there is no such thing as "quotas" where their ticket writing is concerned.

Oh, I know. I've heard it, too. They may even be telling the truth. (On officer quota's, specifically)

It just doesn't do anything to help quell the perception, when they're out in force on the 31st :D

Maybe it's not so much a quota thing... as in "per officer"... but a police department's way of

going "oh crap", the last week, knowing what the average tickets per month is... and seeing

that, as a whole... they're way under the average. Don't want to appear to be shirking your duty, and all.

Bottom line, as always... don't speed and don't worry about it. Right?

I think yesterday was a great time to stop speeders given the fact that it was Halloween with kids out walking up and down the street after dark.

Well... that's a nice thought, but it was during rush hour, instead.

They stopped, around time for folks to go trick-or-treating.

128 is DUI Task Force. He wasn't "simply keeping busy" His primary duty is traffic enforcement.

He doesn't run domestic calls and such... he works traffic.

138 is a K9 unit and he, just like the DUI and CSU units do mostly traffic.

They are looking for drugs and drunks.

K9, CSU, and DUI do not answer regular calls.

They may assist in another call, especially K9, but they are not dispatched out on normal every day calls.

Their job is traffic enforcement.

I too wish there were more traffic enforcement.

I can't tell you how many times I see people driving 60+ mph in 45 zones,

passing on double yellows, running red lights, etc.

As far as the quotas, they do not have them.

Regular deputies (one's who are not part of the K9, CSU, or DUI specialized units) do not do that much traffic enforcement.

They are actually encouraged to not do traffic and to let the specialized traffic units handle it.

That doesn't mean they won't pull you over and cite you if you do something stupid, but it's not their primary concern.

K9, CSU, and DUI having quotas? Come on people, they don't need them.

If I were an officer, I could write 15 tickets, just on my 20 minute drive to work every day.

These guys don't need quotas, they can write plenty of tickets without them.

Between people driving like morons and driving without valid tags, broken lights, etc, they have PLENTY to do.

They don't need quotas.

Edited by Nitro

There's not. My dad's response to this question is 'if there were a quota, I'd have lost my job many moons ago'. His ex-partner says the same thing.