Paulding.com

Todd Pownall Missing Today

On the Support Silver Comet Field Facebook page there is a picture of Todd and an attack for not being at the State of the County Address today.

So I texted Todd and asked him where he was at?

Already knowing this situation, I expected Todd's response.

Here is what I posted on the Facebook page...

"Todd's not one to share his personal problems in a public forum. So I will.

Todd's brother was in a serious work accident in Gainsville several Sundays ago. Vance has had 3 surgeries on his legs, feet and ankles. Other surgeries are expected. Currently it is forecast Vance will be laid up for 6 to 8 months. Currently Vance cannot put any weight on 1 leg and foot. Vance is home now and requires someone be with him continually to assist with moving from the bed to the wheel chair to the toilet. Todd & his father have been sharing daytime duties to allow Vance's wife to work. Both Vance & his wife are self employed so she needs to work when work is available. Today Todd's dad had to care for another family member and Todd chose to stay with his brother.

I am sure Todd will appreciate calls of support. If you do not have Todd's contact info feel free to contact me.

John Hyden

770-366-1552"

We have a lot of neighbors hurting. Now is the time to call them with words of support. Attacks in public forums tear down entire families.

Todd and I ended the conversation with a discussion about how we both would like to see the airport mess handled differently.

• Like 1

Thanks mojo, I didn't feel the need to even wonder why someone would not be at a Chamber function. Did they question where Mr. Barnett was at the last commissioner meeting?

Oh, I'm also wondering if there was a quorum of the Commissioners, PCAA or the IBA present at that meeting today. Would it constitute an unannounced meeting of those boards?

Looks like somebody stepped in it big time... character counts.

8)

The sad part is I wonder if they realize they stepped in it?

It appears to me attacking Todd is more important than honoring a man for caring for his family.

It will be interesting to see if they take the attack down. I'm afraid or expect this is just the first attack of this election season.

Amazingly (or not) the calls I got last night offering help to Todd were predictable. Family and caring knows no party lines to those with a heart.

• Like 1

The sad part is I wonder if they realize they stepped in it?

It appears to me attacking Todd is more important than honoring a man for caring for his family.

It will be interesting to see if they take the attack down. I'm afraid or expect this is just the first attack of this election season.

Amazingly (or not) the calls I got last night offering help to Todd were predictable. Family and caring knows no party lines to those with a heart.

The support group should be embarrassed by this low blow.

8)

On the Support Silver Comet Field Facebook page there is a picture of Todd and an attack for not being at the State of the County Address today.

So I texted Todd and asked him where he was at?

Already knowing this situation, I expected Todd's response.

Here is what I posted on the Facebook page...

"Todd's not one to share his personal problems in a public forum. So I will.

Todd's brother was in a serious work accident in Gainsville several Sundays ago. Vance has had 3 surgeries on his legs, feet and ankles. Other surgeries are expected. Currently it is forecast Vance will be laid up for 6 to 8 months. Currently Vance cannot put any weight on 1 leg and foot. Vance is home now and requires someone be with him continually to assist with moving from the bed to the wheel chair to the toilet. Todd & his father have been sharing daytime duties to allow Vance's wife to work. Both Vance & his wife are self employed so she needs to work when work is available. Today Todd's dad had to care for another family member and Todd chose to stay with his brother.

I am sure Todd will appreciate calls of support. If you do not have Todd's contact info feel free to contact me.

John Hyden

770-366-1552"

We have a lot of neighbors hurting. Now is the time to call them with words of support. Attacks in public forums tear down entire families.

Todd and I ended the conversation with a discussion about how we both would like to see the airport mess handled differently.

Mojo - no offense, because I understand where your heart is in this. But, if Todd Pownall would not have posted this personally, I'm not sure that you should have. You could have simply responded that he was missing because of a family commitment that he had to attend or was away to take care of a family member's medical needs. This is just an awfully personal statement to make by a third party on a public message board.

Just my two cents - again, I don't mean to offend.

Mojo - no offense, because I understand where your heart is in this. But, if Todd Pownall would not have posted this personally, I'm not sure that you should have. You could have simply responded that he was missing because of a family commitment that he had to attend or was away to take care of a family member's medical needs. This is just an awfully personal statement to make by a third party on a public message board.

Just my two cents - again, I don't mean to offend.

No offense taken. I asked Todd what I could post before I did it.