Paulding.com

I have really noticed that since The Goodwill donation center opened in the Kroger shopping Center our donations at The Thrift Store have dropped considerably. Thank goodness that Mary at The Endless Yard Sale let me buy out her entire clothing inventory. Because of her and our committed donors year after year we have plenty of clothes. What we do not have are the rest of the stuff. These "other" things we sell to raise money for overhead costs to maintain the rental space and business. We are non-profit status because we give between 12k-17k in free clothing to needy on our vouchers.

WE NEED HOUSEHOLD ITEMS AND FURNITURE!

The sale of these pay the bills and make our other programs possible. Contrary to popular belief non-profit organizations do not get free rent, utilities or anything else and the federal govt is constantly changing laws on us!

We are going on our 13th year! I am sure Goodwill Industries . has a good program but please remember we are one of the small businesses in Paulding County that MUST continue to help out OUR people!!!

In reality, I make very little if any money on the business. This community has been very good over the years and my motivation is not to make tons of money or get rich. My store or the thrift business is not going to do that for anyone in the small sector. I am happy in the place in my life the way God has it. I have healthy children. I am almost 45 and my stamina seems to be holding its own. I am thankful for my animals and the roof over my head. I am also deeply thankful for the wonderful Thrift Store.

WE ALSO NEEDS TOYS!!!

Christmas is coming and parents do a lot of shopping at thrift stores when they cannot afford retail prices!!!

I have been working mostly mornings so come say hey!

We are open Mon-Sat 10-6, so please try to bring things to the back door during those hours. We don't want your things being taken by someone other than us. :(

Thank you so very much!!

When we have people to call Helping Hands and ask if we take clothing donations, we ask them to donate to one of the stores, that we are partnered with. We refer clients The Thrift Store, The Been and Classy Thrift. We really do appreciate you being able to accept clothing vouchers for those in our community, that are less fortunate and we are seeing sooo many people now-a-days.

Last week on Tuesday, we had a record number of people in one day, 43 people. There were about 6 or 7 new people, just on that day alone. It's been averaging about 25-30 new people a month.

I do NOT shop at The Goodwill stores, to me, they are overpriced and I'm the kind of person who like to "keep it local", you know, support the hometown, small businesses and the likes. I have even shopped at The Thrift Store.

As I can out and get rid of stuff - I bring it to you. :)! It may not be alot at one time, but it always comes to you. And, I've introduced a couple of friends that were taking stuff to the Goodwill to you and they are also bringing you all their stuff. :)! You do great work.

Mrs. G-Thank you for volunteering your talent and time to Helping Hands. There have been so many vouchers come in this year. It feels good to know that there are good people like yourself go to work day after day to be there for OUR people. I hope that I am working on one of the days you come in to shop at the store so I can give you a hug.

Just thinkin hard-thanks for your support and donations. Thanks for the kind words!!!

:rolleyes:

I do NOT shop at The Goodwill stores, to me, they are overpriced and I'm the kind of person who like to "keep it local", you know, support the hometown, small businesses and the likes. I have even shopped at The Thrift Store.

I agree. Goodwill is overpriced on a lot of things.

BirdMom, you give Much more than I cold ever give, I used to be one of the needy ones and this is my payback!!! Besides, I get bored sitting at home all week and I'd be lost without Helping Hands!! :yahoo: I'll try to make a point to come see you one day although, I'm not a morning person. I'll call to see if you are there, before I come. Thank You for ALL you do!! :wub:

I have some furniture I would like to donate do you pick up ?

send me a pm citizen cain and we will work on a pick up

Good will turned me away with a trunk full of bags one time because they were getting ready to close and had met their quota for the day and couldn't take anymore!! Really??? I have a ton of stuff I can bring to you

QUOTA?????

Really? that is what I say too.LOL

We will not turn you away

:rolleyes: :wub: :wub: ]

BirdMom, you give Much more than I cold ever give, I used to be one of the needy ones and this is my payback!!! Besides, I get bored sitting at home all week and I'd be lost without Helping Hands!! :yahoo: I'll try to make a point to come see you one day although, I'm not a morning person. I'll call to see if you are there, before I come. Thank You for ALL you do!! :wub:

Awwwwwwww!

I have some stuff too! Which thrift store in the plaza are you?? There are two of them. Also.....Goodwill is a joke, there is nothing good about them.Wow, the stories I have heard of how they run this place. My hubby worked there and what I saw was appalling. They threw out a suede leather couch because there was a rip on the front of it. I mentioned to the ADC superviser that they could donate unwanted unworthy items to a shelter and he laughed at me. They trash everything they dont deem sellable.

I have some stuff too! Which thrift store in the plaza are you?? There are two of them. Also.....Goodwill is a joke, there is nothing good about them.Wow, the stories I have heard of how they run this place. My hubby worked there and what I saw was appalling. They threw out a suede leather couch because there was a rip on the front of it. I mentioned to the ADC superviser that they could donate unwanted unworthy items to a shelter and he laughed at me. They trash everything they dont deem sellable.

I am located next to the Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy and the Billiards place

Thanks

I have some furniture I would like to donate do you pick up ?

Pm me and let me know what you have. I have an suv