Paulding.com

New Year's Day Feast

Plan today for Rodney’s Annual New Year’s Day Lunch. The feast is served Family Style and is All-You-Can-Eat. This unique meal will include Pork Chops, Country Style Ribs, Collard Greens, Turnips and Turnip Greens, Pinto Beans, Black-eyed Peas, Corn Bread Muffins and who knows what else Rodney will come up with. Sign up today because it is Reservations Only! Sign up on our web-site or call (770) 445-5900.

• Like 1

We topped 100 yesterday! Rodney is so excited about serving up his traditional New Year's Day feast. This event started well before we had our restaurant....Rodney would cook for our family and friends and everyone would fill our house UP!! Some folks even had to sit on the front porch to eat! So now that we have the restaurant Rodney doesn't have to hold back on what all he prepares.

Why not start your New Year off on the right foot and sign up today!

See ya at Rodney's!

• Like 1

Great!! Can't wait to see everyone there. Rodney had hopped to reach 150 this year and as of today we have topped 130. All you folks waiting to decide for sure on coming......come on! You will be glad you did. Lots of good food and good fellowship. It's a great way to start off a great year!

See ya at Rodney's!

Click here to sign up!

• Like 1

We registered a couple of weeks ago but added 4 more family members today. Gonna enjoy all the good eats and none of the cooking & mess. Of course I don't eat the greens, collards, black eye peas but I am sure there will be plenty for me to partake. Guess now we know why I don't have good health, good luck and plenty of money, huh???? :lol:

See ya tomorrow @ 1:00!! YUMMMMM.

• Like 1

THE FEAST WAS FANTASTICALLY AND WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS!!! I hope they do this every year because I plan to be there. I love the idea of a family style dinner. We had wonderful company while eating and everyone of us chatted the hour away.

THANKS RODNEY'S!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Our family and friends LOVED IT!!! Everyone has been bragging how good the food was and what a pleasant experience it was. Unfortunately I missed it being at home with bronchitis AGAIN!! :(

Thank you Rodney and Tammy for the Brunswick Stew - it was AMAZING and hit the spot!!

• Like 1

We ate at the New Year's day dinner and I hate to say it but the food was NOT good. The pork was dry, never saw any black eyed peas, the potato's were not cooked completely and the mac & cheese was dried out.

I have eaten at Rodney's several times before and we have had them cater lunchs for our company on several occasions and the food is always GREAT. But after January 1, 2013 we will not be eating or having them cater any more.

We ate at the New Year's day dinner and I hate to say it but the food was NOT good. The pork was dry, never saw any black eyed peas, the potato's were not cooked completely and the mac & cheese was dried out.

I have eaten at Rodney's several times before and we have had them cater lunchs for our company on several occasions and the food is always GREAT. But after January 1, 2013 we will not be eating or having them cater any more.

This doesn't sound AT ALL like the meal my family and friends ENJOYED on Jan. 1st. Matter of fact I was talking to one of my friends yesterday and she brought up again how much they enjoyed the New Years Day Feast. She said she hoped Rodney would do this again next year as her family would like to make it a family tradition. I told her I thought this was the 2nd or 3rd year Rodney had done it so maybe he would again. Her SIL ate FOUR huge plate fulls. I laughed and was not surprised because Kirk is a BIG man and I had said when we made plans to go that Rodney was going to lose money on that customer. Several have talked about how good it was throughout the week. And, believe me, IF there had been a problem or they had not liked it they would not have been shy in saying so. DH was talking about how good the Mac & Cheese was specifically (even comparing it to my famous M&C :lol: )and said "you know I don't like black eye peas but those were good. I don't know what Rodney did to them but I liked the black eye peas today." In our YEARS of marriage I have never seen the man eat black eye peas so they must have been really good!! He mentioned how good the pork and pork chops were, too. I had asked if they had ribs (I LOVE Rodney's ribs) but he said they didn't. I have regretted even more that I was not able to go and enjoy what everyone has been bragging so much about!

I have to ask amandad DID you talk to Rodney or Tammy on Tuesday about your displeasure or simply come on a public forum to do it???

There have been VERY FEW times (I could count on one hand and have a couple of fingers leftover) throughout the years in all the probably 1000's of times we have eaten at Rodney's that we have had a problem with the food there. But, if so we addressed it with either of them and it is corrected and taken care of IMMEDIATELY. We have never left there unhappy.

I am sorry you had a bad experience but I am really surprised at your description of the meal compared to all the rave reviews I have heard (and continue to hear) from our group of 10 that ate the NYDF.

• Like 3

You are in the minority here. Several of our family members went to Rodney's on Tuesday and the feast was just that . A FEAST. Very tasty and plenty of it. We all ate until we were about to pop. Rodney and Tammy outdid themselves this time and I am hoping this will become an annual event. It will definitely be one we look forward to.

My suggestion to amandad is to take up your complaint with Rodney or Tammy and not on a public board.

I had been under the weather on the 1st, so I called to see of I could get a plate to go. I picked it up and there was a ton of food, and it was all delish! I had some of everything they made, I think. Not a single thing was dry or inedible.

If you had told Rodney, there is no way he would have let you leave unhappy or hungry!

We did send them an email after we paid for our food and let. We did not say anything at the time because we did not want to make it seem like we were trying to get a free meal.

The response back from them was (196 out of 200 isn't bad).

We did send them an email after we paid for our food and let. We did not say anything at the time because we did not want to make it seem like we were trying to get a free meal.

After reading your "resolution" to the problem I find that the coward's way out. IF there had been such an issue with the meal it would be have more appropriate to confront Rodney at the time. You could always refuse the free meal that you claim you did not want and insist on paying for your meal.

It seems to me you just want to cause trouble and hurt the business of this restaurant by complaining on a public board.

• Like 1

Amandad... We have eaten at Rodney's since they opened. We have eat in and eaten at catered events many times. We did not eat there on New Years Day.

Never have we eaten, received, on seen anything less than wonderful prepared or served by Rodney.

I personally know Rodney to be passionate about the food and service he provides. I also know Rodney to be a wonderful supporter of our community. Rodney very quietly supports many needs. Hurting families have been blessed by Rodney, many times.

Amandad I feel you have been very rude posting this complaint on this public forum.

Your posting makes me wonder what is your true motive? You make me wonder if you have friends or family who's business has recently failed. Makes me wonder if you realize failures are usually a result of the individual owner and not a result of the neighboring competitor? I think of a couple of recent failures and I realize each of those were not a result of Rodney's actions.

I for one wish to express my appreciation to Rodney for being a wonderful and generous supporter of our community.

I encourage all to visit Rodney's and say a kind word when he stops by your table to welcome you.

I agree with Perry Mason. If you indeed did experiance a valid problem. You did handle your complaint in a cowardly way.

I am lost. What is this?

ditto

edited to add: We've eaten there several times and never had any complaints. Like everyone has said, if your not satisfied, Rodney will make it right. Oh, and their strawberry cake is to die for and I usually don't do strawberries as I'm a chocolate gal.

Edited by dana