Paulding.com

Paulding in the news again

Sounds like there is disagreement as to whether it should have happened or not. That happens all the time and the system handles it. Sometimes it is an honest mistake. Sometimes there is nothing really wrong and that is just the way the system works. The reason this is news is that a lady did it on her own. Not really a story but it is good politics, IMHO.

What is REALLY very sad is that some people will simply believe this without doing the research and checking the facts out themselves.

Newsflash folks......just because the media did a report on something doesn't make it true.

• Like 3

Do you have all the facts from BOTH sides and know unequivocally that all she and the media are reporting is true?

Is it true that criminal charges were dropped when the Georgia Court of Appeals ruled that Paulding should have never heard the case? Do you know these people?

Is it true that criminal charges were dropped when the Georgia Court of Appeals ruled that Paulding should have never heard the case? Do you know these people?

I probably wouldn't recognize Martin if I saw him on the street. I do know he has a good reputation in the legal community.

I will take the time to research the facts and listen to both sides of the story before I "execute" Mr. Valbuena as some are already doing here. It appears from the article (key word = appears) that the issue about Paulding not being able to hear the case simply had to do with jurisdiction and venue. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Of course we should all remember that it is "election year" - never know what might be said. :rolleyes:

"You should never be able to tap your colleague to sign an order, or get some kind of influence that would benefit either you or your client," Former Georgia Supreme Court Chief Justice Leah Sears said

I wasn't there so I don't know if this really happened or not. I would stay here and argue but I don't have all the facts nor does anyone else here.

I will leave you with this. The media has a reputation for spinning a story in the direction in which they want to see it go and facts are manipulated and conveniently "left out" all the time. I think I will do my due diligence and research on my own before I start handing out harsh judgments against this man.

I probably wouldn't recognize Martin if I saw him on the street. I do know he has a good reputation in the legal community.

I will take the time to research the facts and listen to both sides of the story before I "execute" Mr. Valbuena as some are already doing here. It appears from the article (key word = appears) that the issue about Paulding not being able to hear the case simply had to do with jurisdiction and venue. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Of course we should all remember that it is "election year" - never know what might be said. :rolleyes:

Ditto!!!!:drinks: Except I would recognize him.

• Like 1

You're just going to give up?!

No, I said I don't have all the facts and I highly doubt anyone else here does either, including the media who reported this.

Now, I am giving up as I need to get ready to get on the road for a long weekend at the beach. Have a good night.

• Like 1

That is absolutely false. The decision of the Georgia Court of Appeals had nothing to do with the dismissal of the warrant issued against Ms. Lowe by a superior court judge. Rather, the Court of Appeals' decision involved a civil case in which the Court found that Paulding was not the proper jurisdiction for the dispute. This story was very poorly researched and an unfair attempt at character assassination. Very pathetic.

• Like 2

That is absolutely false. The decision of the Georgia Court of Appeals had nothing to do with the dismissal of the warrant issued against Ms. Lowe by a superior court judge. Rather, the Court of Appeals' decision involved a civil case in which the Court found that Paulding was not the proper jurisdiction for the dispute. This story was very poorly researched and an unfair attempt at character assassination. Very pathetic.

So what's the story?

So what's the story?

The Grand Jury returned a true bill for interference with custody against Ms. Low in 2009. On January 25, 2011 (over a year before the Court of Appeals even made its decision in the civil case), the Paulding District Attorney dismissed the case against Ms. Lowe with the approval and request of her ex-husband and after the civil matter was supposedly resolved. These reasons for the dismissal were specifically indicated on the dismissal approved by Judge Beavers. If the investigative reporter had actually taken the time to read the decisions and investigate, rather than regurgitate, I doubt the "story" would have ever even run. In this whacky political season, though, apparently journalistic ethics are abandoned.

• Like 3

This is clearly election year drama because someone who is out to get him saw the opportunity to ruin him. I have never heard anything but good about Mr. Valbuena and would bet my left arm he is exonerated of this. I too wasn't there obviously and don't have the facts but knowing Valbuena's character he is not an unethical man and would never abuse his power as a judge. just remember folks, don't judge what you don't know.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a hard copy of this story ... either in print or printed from the web?

If so PM me (pubby) to make arrangements. I'm curious what fell through the cracks at the AJC to allow that story to make print/site live.

pubby