Paulding.com

Local politics happening tomorrow at GOP meeting

I got a heads up that the Paulding County Republicans meeting tomorrow morning promises to have some interesting developments.

Among those developments, I understand, is the announcement by JK Rogers - the former officer and gentleman that came in second for Paulding County Sheriff back in 2008 in a field of seven. No he's not putting his hat in the ring for sheriff again but instead the has his sights set on the gold dome and the seat currently occupied by Bill Heath.

The birdie that told me this also said that Sen. Heath will be at the meeting and we've been spying another local former politician whose name has been linked - tenuously - with a possible run at that race. That person is Bill Carruth of the famous Bill Carruth Parkway (aka: West Hiram ByPass).

With the presidential primary coming up in just over a month - and judging from the political observers that attended the PBA's luncheon with Jim Galloway - I think there might be a pretty good crowd at Mt. Tabor Park's meeting room come 9 a.m. Saturday morning. May even have to stop by myself.

Afterall, if Georgia is going to be the 'big state' in play on Super Tuesday ... things are about to start hopping about now.

pubby

I got a heads up that the Paulding County Republicans meeting tomorrow morning promises to have some interesting developments.

Among those developments, I understand, is the announcement by JK Rogers - the former officer and gentleman that came in second for Paulding County Sheriff back in 2008 in a field of seven. No he's not putting his hat in the ring for sheriff again but instead the has his sights set on the gold dome and the seat currently occupied by Bill Heath.

The birdie that told me this also said that Sen. Heath will be at the meeting and we've been spying another local former politician whose name has been linked - tenuously - with a possible run at that race. That person is Bill Carruth of the famous Bill Carruth Parkway (aka: West Hiram ByPass).

With the presidential primary coming up in just over a month - and judging from the political observers that attended the PBA's luncheon with Jim Galloway - I think there might be a pretty good crowd at Mt. Tabor Park's meeting room come 9 a.m. Saturday morning. May even have to stop by myself.

Afterall, if Georgia is going to be the 'big state' in play on Super Tuesday ... things are about to start hopping about now.

pubby

And of course you just had to let the cats out of the bag!!!!:rolleyes:

And of course you just had to let the cats out of the bag!!!!:rolleyes:

They're not out of the bag yet ... I could be wrong.

Heck, NewsJunky, wouldn't there be a bunch of folks who hooped and hollared wonderful, by golly we knew he didn't know what he was talking about if I was ;) ... oh and about 2000 I told you so's :)

pubby

:rofl:

FOREVAH!!

Stick me with a fork, I'm DONE

It's official. I am officially retired, go off payroll March 3!

CONGRATS !!!! Love retirement, don't have to worry about looking for or losing a job, it's a great feeling. Enjoy your retirement. :drinks:

Edited by gonefromhere

pubby

LAWD, Have Mercy!!!

Jason Rogers (JK Rogers) announced his run for Senate District 31 against Senator Bill Heath.

Awesome. I liked him, and I think I voted for him in the primary. He's certainly got my vote on this one.

RE: C. Mark's comment - I have come to the conclusion that my cat would do a far better job at being an elected government official than 99% of the goobs who are in office. Sure, she wouldn't do anything but lay around and eat and sleep a lot, but the only expense to taxpayers would be her food and cat litter. And the bonus is that she wouldn't be doing any harm. I think I'll see if I can get her on the ballot...if you see a choice for Fat Black Beast, give her your vote! :D

I did read a story a year or so ago about a dog who was elected President of an HOA somewhere; his human was unhappy about the HOA leadership and ran his dog (whose name was something like Fred) for President and himself for VP. They both won, and he makes the decisions and does the day-to-day business. I thougth that was hilarious.

Guest Inspector Callahan

Surely not more than most elected officials, though? :D Imma send her to stay with you awhile so you can grow to love cats. :D :D :D Cheyenne would be so thrilled. :D

Send her on, as long as she won't head butt me. The Chief would be thrilled. Cheyenne, probably not so much. :)