Paulding.com

typical politicians, They are cutting our income tax rate but they say we will be paying more in income taxes because they are are doing away with deductions. I thought the tea party was for lower taxes?

You don't really think Ms. Braddock is a tea party supporter, do you? It was an act to fool all us poor dumb old Paulding County rednecks into voting for her....

typical politicians, They are cutting our income tax rate but they say we will be paying more in income taxes because they are are doing away with deductions. I thought the tea party was for lower taxes?

ok. so is this instead of the plan to charge sales tax on services and anything else they can think of?

The same thing we get when we elect someone just because there is a D after his or her name.

Would you mind pointing out one of those with the D after his or her name locally in Paulding?

Edited by zoocrew

Would you mind pointing out one of those with the D after his or her name locally in Paulding?

I actually met an astonishing number of R's that voted for the D!!

Of course there were a lot of D's running with an R by there name also.

As always way too many D's as in dummy that vote :rofl:

There are no Ds elected in Paulding.

Doesn't matter. There are parts of the country where the majority votes Democrat and some parts of the country that leans Republican. This is obviously not something that happens exclusively in just one of the parties.

You can't tell me that there are not also Democrats out there that simply vote for the "D" behind a name without taking anything else into consideration - I know better.

Yep - there are some of those D's (as in dummies) in both parties.

Aw heck folks, she won the election.

Comments about those from the fair sex - condescending comments solely because of their sex - are really not becoming any of your.

I'm often railing against the efforts to polarize things and I'm pretty outspoken on that topic.

But what you won't see me doing is dissing someone because of the race or sex or even sexual preference ... and I wish everyone would understand that.

Indeed, the gender differences ought not be an element of the discussion.

The one exception would be, if in all good fun, those so inclined were to script and produce something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7S_XWuKpHc

But know, that point-counterpoint is a great tool for humor only when done when the two protagonists do so with a wink and smile.

pubby

PS: The SNL skit on nuclear power was the only SNL one available on youtube. Kind of weird given the sad situation in Japan :(

Doesn't matter. There are parts of the country where the majority votes Democrat and some parts of the country that leans Republican. This is obviously not something that happens exclusively in just one of the parties.

You can't tell me that there are not also Democrats out there that simply vote for the "D" behind a name without taking anything else into consideration - I know better.

Yep - there are some of those D's (as in dummies) in both parties.

But we're not talking about other parts of the country. We're talking about Paulding county. The fact is, the only reason she was elected is because she ran on Republican platform. If it is wrong for the Democrats in other parts of the country to vote for a candidate because of a D after her name, then it is wrong here for people to vote for a candidate because of an R after her name. Let's get back to discussing that sad fact here in Paulding and maybe in two years we can get a representative with some common sense.

Edited by zoocrew

But we're not talking about other parts of the country. We're talking about Paulding county. The fact is, the only reason she was elected is because she ran on Republican platform.

What is it in your mind that makes people in Paulding County any different than the rest of the entire country? I love Paulding County and its people but really, why in the world would you think Paulding would have the exclusive ability to overcome such obstacles when the rest of the country hasn't mastered the ability to vote for the person, not the party?

If you EVER vote based on a letter of the alphabet following a candidate's name, you should be publicly certified as STUPID.

:yahoo:

What is it in your mind that makes people in Paulding County any different than the rest of the entire country? I love Paulding County and its people but really, why in the world would you think Paulding would have the exclusive ability to overcome such obstacles when the rest of the country hasn't mastered the ability to vote for the person, not the party?

So you would agree it is pretty stupid to vote for a person because of the party?

But we're not talking about other parts of the country. We're talking about Paulding county. The fact is, the only reason she was elected is because she ran on Republican platform. If it is wrong for the Democrats in other parts of the country to vote for a candidate because of a D after her name, then it is wrong here for people to vote for a candidate because of an R after her name. Let's get back to discussing that sad fact here in Paulding and maybe in two years we can get a representative with some common sense.

I guess it could be simply that members of the Republican party have done a better job pushing their party and agenda in Paulding County.

Not knocking the Democrat party but there must be a reason that our county tends to vote Republican. Maybe the Democrat party needs to get off their behinds and work harder if they want to change the opinions of people in Paulding. Hard work and effort goes a long way in accomplishing goals.

So you would agree it is pretty stupid to vote for a person because of the party?

I always vote for the person who I think will do the better job, regardless of the party. I am responsible for myself only and can't speak for other people.

The same thing we get when we elect someone just because there is a D after his or her name.

Very true....I was hoping the voters of the 19th would overcome that trend and vote for the candidate who could actually speak to the issues and understood the legislative process and how to use that process to our advantage.

mrnn

I guess it could be simply that members of the Republican party have done a better job pushing their party and agenda in Paulding County.

Not knocking the Democrat party but there must be a reason that our county tends to vote Republican. Maybe the Democrat party needs to get off their behinds and work harder if they want to change the opinions of people in Paulding. Hard work and effort goes a long way in accomplishing goals.

I always vote for the person who I think will do the better job, regardless of the party. I am responsible for myself only and can't speak for other people.

Bible-thumping and the fear of GOD probably matters more than party pushing.

;)

If you EVER vote based on a letter of the alphabet following a candidate's name, you should be publicly certified as STUPID.

:yahoo:

And that's what's so frustrating about her beating Will....it absolutely proved, beyond a doubt, that folks voted because of the letter after her name. There is no way that 7 folks out of 10 could listen to each candidate speak, or even just watch the PCom "debate", and determine that Paulette was the better candidate. I know you think my opinion is skewed because of my politics but, really, one candidate was informed, well-spoken, and visible while the other hid on imaginary vacations and depended on that mighty "R".

mrnn

Edited by mrnn

We both know that is not true.

She was elected because of the R after her name and nothing else.

The reason the county tends to vote Republican is that the people here are generally more conservative than from where I am from up North. The general mood here is that the Democrats are evil and the Republicans are God's Answer. Anyone who even brings up an issue is castigated as "liberal," as if that label suddenly ends the debate as the label automatically makes the person wrong. Well, the label is not always Democratic or wrong.

We all know how Braddock got elected. She has the R after her name and it looks like she is easy to manipulate by those in the extreme.

We both know that is not true.

She was elected because of the R after her name and nothing else.

The reason the county tends to vote Republican is that the people here are generally more conservative than from where I am from up North. The general mood here is that the Democrats are evil and the Republicans are God's Answer. Anyone who even brings up an issue is castigated as "liberal," as if that label suddenly ends the debate as the label automatically makes the person wrong. Well, the label is not always Democratic or wrong.

We all know how Braddock got elected. She has the R after her name and it looks like she is easy to manipulate by those in the extreme.

Well then since you have ALL the answers, maybe you should run for office and put all your knowledge and abilities to work. Darn, with all that confidence, we could solve all the world's probems!

I don't have all the answers as you do, however, I have lived here since I got out of college and got married 30 years ago and I have personally observed the Republican party working harder to push their agenda than the Democrat party. My personal experiences and observations have proven to me that hard work and effort go a very long way.

Well then since you have ALL the answers, maybe you should run for office and put all your knowledge and abilities to work. Darn, with all that confidence, we could solve all the world's probems!

I don't have all the answers as you do, however, I have lived here since I got out of college and got married 30 years ago and I have personally observed the Republican party working harder to push their agenda than the Democrat party. My personal experiences and observations have proven to me that hard work and effort go a very long way.

Who said I all the answers? I disagree with you and suddenly you become an elitist? Must be very holy on that throne of yours. Or is it that you just don't like "outsiders" moving into YOUR Paulding County?

Yes there are :lol:

What elected Democrat is there in Paulding?

Who said I all the answers? I disagree with you and suddenly you become an elitist? Must be very holy on that throne of yours. Or is it that you just don't like "outsiders" moving into YOUR Paulding County?

I'm so sorry about that "chip on your shoulder." How did it get there and how long do you think you will have it? I pray that life gets better for you.

P. S. I love that throne of mine - the view is great from up there!

Edited by Beach Bum

It is a secret like the little drinking parties :p :p :p

I'm so sorry about that "chip on your shoulder." How did it get there and how long do you think you will have it? I pray that life gets better for you.

P. S. I love that throne of mine - the view is great from up there!

Praying to yourself is a lonely task.

Hopefully more people from up North will keep moving here and Paulding can move out of the 1950s and the McCarthy Era.

Praying to yourself is a lonely task.

Hopefully more people from up North will keep moving here and Paulding can move out of the 1950s and the McCarthy Era.

No, I don't pray to myself, I pray to God. Call me a Southern bible thumper or anything you want but I do believe in the power of prayer and I do believe in God.

And yes, hopefully more people from the North will move down. I would hate for anyone to miss out on our beautiful part of the country and would welcome them with open arms. I am not a native of Paulding County and I will never forget the kindness and compassion the wonderful people showed me when I first moved here. There are some truly great people here.

Ok I see you need a time out :wacko: