Paulding.com

Women Against Deal

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who Cares? More good ol Democratic lies about Deal's record. WXIA already debunked it with the truth meter. So desperate!! Wont matter he is gonna clean Barnes clock-Thanks God!! No MORE king

There are probably more stupid people that will vote for Mr. Steal than there are Democrats in Georgia. But I am going to go down swinging and if he wins I plan to bitch about him for the next four y

Do NONE of you get this?   What the truth behind the propaganda is?   Backing legislation that guarantees to the accused the right to confront all witnesses against him enables young men accused o

Posted Images

Who Cares? More good ol Democratic lies about Deal's record. WXIA already debunked it with the truth meter. So desperate!! :drinks: :yahoo: Wont matter he is gonna clean Barnes clock-Thanks God!! No MORE king Roy!! Funny that with all the ethic charges talk and smear attacks the left has throw, nothing sticks. So if you cant prove it...move on. It is gonna be a Democratic blood bath next week, and I for one cant wait to see the party of extremist looking for new jobs!

• Like 3

Who Cares? More good ol Democratic lies about Deal's record. WXIA already debunked it with the truth meter. So desperate!! :drinks: :yahoo: Wont matter he is gonna clean Barnes clock-Thanks God!! No MORE king Roy!! Funny that with all the ethic charges talk and smear attacks the left has throw, nothing sticks. So if you cant prove it...move on. It is gonna be a Democratic blood bath next week, and I for one cant wait to see the party of extremist looking for new jobs!

The party of extremist is what effed everything up to start with. And I can tell by your posts that you are not an officer in a Fortune 500 company, so you can bet that by voting for a Republican you are just screwing yourself. :wacko:

I don't like Nathan Deal, I'll just put that out there, but, Lori Geary acts like a rabid dog trying to find dirt on him. It's getting to the point where is looking unprofessional. Whats up with her?

She is just a talking head. Someone else decides what will sell. Lori just does as she is told.

I have been seeing the commercial were he voted something about women being raped..

I ask not to long ago if anyone else had ever seen this commercial. and was wondering their thoughts on it..

LR, it's all lies. In fact there have been several rape victims that came out and said how Nathan Deal had helped prosecute the men who did this to them.

It's politics as usual ~~sigh~~ I absolutely despise dirty campaigning. :( I can't wait for November 3. :drinks:

• Like 1

Thanks NG I wish they would all just stick to the truth...

they all have a way of using women and their kids when it comes to campaigning just like that commercial about the trauma center.

but they do not give us a second thought once they get in to office. <_>

• Like 1

I don't know about that. How many Democrats are in Georgia? :lol:

There are probably more stupid people that will vote for Mr. Steal than there are Democrats in Georgia. But I am going to go down swinging and if he wins I plan to bitch about him for the next four years. :D

Something to look forward to, huh NJ?

• Like 1

There are probably more stupid people that will vote for Mr. Steal than there are Democrats in Georgia. But I am going to go down swinging and if he wins I plan to bitch about him for the next four years. :D

Something to look forward to, huh NJ?

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. He is going to win you know.:)

You really do need to improve your spelling skills. You know that is not the way to spell the future Governor's name! It is Deal!!!!:p

Did he ever say whether or not he was going to copy Sonny and have Deal-Dos? :D

LR, it's all lies. In fact there have been several rape victims that came out and said how Nathan Deal had helped prosecute the men who did this to them.

It's politics as usual ~~sigh~~ I absolutely despise dirty campaigning. :( I can't wait for November 3. :drinks:

How one prosecutes the law has nothing to do with how they legislate.

A prosecutor is sworn to uphold the law which, ya know, kind of involves putting rapists behind bars. A legislator is tasked with creating, eliminating, strengthening, or weakening existing law. Deal, per his own public record, repeatedly LEGISLATED to WEAKEN and/or ELIMINATE laws that protect the rights of rape victims.

Surely you aren't attempting to pretend we're too dumb to recognize your ridiculous spin on this?

mrnn

How one prosecutes the law has nothing to do with how they legislate.

A prosecutor is sworn to uphold the law which, ya know, kind of involves putting rapists behind bars. A legislator is tasked with creating, eliminating, strengthening, or weakening existing law. Deal, per his own public record, repeatedly LEGISLATED to WEAKEN and/or ELIMINATE laws that protect the rights of rape victims.

Surely you aren't attempting to pretend we're too dumb to recognize your ridiculous spin on this?

mrnn

This was Neal Bortz take on the Barnes adds and accusations. He hits the nail right on the head:

Now what DOESN'T Barnes' ad tell you? Well ... let's see:

· The U.S. Constitution guarantees to the accused the right to confront all witnesses against him. That means that an accused rapists' trial lawyer gets to ask testimony of the rape victim under oath. Roy Barnes is a trial lawyer. He knows this.

· Barnes' ad is based on work by Nathan Deal to conform the rules of evidence in Georgia with the federal rules of evidence. This has been done in 42 of the 50 states.

· Roy Barnes served on the Georgia State Bar Evidence Committee during the time the Georgia rules of evidence were being reviewed and approved the very legislation that he is slamming Deal for supporting.

· Roy Barnes was a trial lawyer ... he defended criminals

· Nathan Deal was a prosecutor .. he put rapists in prison.

This really speaks to the character of Roy Barnes. Can you stoop much lower than suggesting to Georgia women that they will end up being violently attacked, abducted, raped and .. who knows? ... possibly killed if they vote for his opponent?

This was Neal Bortz take on the Barnes adds and accusations. He hits the nail right on the head:

Now what DOESN'T Barnes' ad tell you? Well ... let's see:

· The U.S. Constitution guarantees to the accused the right to confront all witnesses against him. That means that an accused rapists' trial lawyer gets to ask testimony of the rape victim under oath. Roy Barnes is a trial lawyer. He knows this.

· Barnes' ad is based on work by Nathan Deal to conform the rules of evidence in Georgia with the federal rules of evidence. This has been done in 42 of the 50 states.

· Roy Barnes served on the Georgia State Bar Evidence Committee during the time the Georgia rules of evidence were being reviewed and approved the very legislation that he is slamming Deal for supporting.

· Roy Barnes was a trial lawyer ... he defended criminals

· Nathan Deal was a prosecutor .. he put rapists in prison.

This really speaks to the character of Roy Barnes. Can you stoop much lower than suggesting to Georgia women that they will end up being violently attacked, abducted, raped and .. who knows? ... possibly killed if they vote for his opponent?

Let me be clear, I'm no fan of the ad. I hate these kinds of campaigns. With that said, there is no doubt a legislative record indicating that Deal has not been supportive of several bills aiming to assist women.

mrnn

Do NONE of you get this?

What the truth behind the propaganda is?

Backing legislation that guarantees to the accused the right to confront all witnesses against him enables young men accused of rape by girls who were willing in the moment but cry rape when caught with their Daisy Dukes down to lodge a defense that might make some sort of sense, and PLEASE don't anyone say that this never happens--it happens all the time.

I find it distasteful that any TRUE rape victim should ever have to justify anything about her behavior, IF SHE WAS TRULY RAPED, but it is equally disgusting that any young man should ever spend time in prison because some woman was able to accuse him and then not have to substantiate her claim.

It is ugly all the way around. Truly, truly ugly. But is it OK that a woman should be able to accuse a man of a horrible crime and he has no choice but to plead guilty or be unfairly convicted because she is ALWAYS beyond reproach as the accuser?

Or should a young man, falsely accused, be afforded an opportunity to defend himself and ask that she be questioned?

Seriously.

<_<

• Like 2

Do NONE of you get this?

Backing legislation that guarantees to the accused the right to confront all witnesses against him enables young men accused of rape by girls who were willing in the moment but cry rape when caught with their Daisy Dukes down to lodge a defense that might make some sort of sense, and PLEASE don't anyone say that this never happens--it happens all the time.

I find it distasteful that any TRUE rape victim should ever have to justify anything about her behavior, IF SHE WAS TRULY RAPED, but it is equally disgusting that any young man should ever spend time in prison because some woman was able to accuse him and then not have to substantiate her claim.

It is ugly all the way around. Truly, truly ugly. But is it OK that a woman should be able to accuse a man of a horrible crime and he has no choice but to plead guilty or be unfairly convicted because she is ALWAYS beyond reproach as the accuser?

Or should a young man, falsely accused, be afforded an opportunity to defend himself and ask that she be questioned?

Seriously.

dry.gif

You said it and you do get it. I just was not ready for what I knew would come from being politically incorrect. Missed you BTW.

Do NONE of you get this?

Seriously.

<_<

It's politics and it is obviously working. Sunday the member count was 17,000 and this morning it is 22,500. Regardless of the pros and cons, Deal was part of it and 22,500 people aren't happy about it. Not just women, but the entire state will be better off if Deal never holds another office.

It's politics and it is obviously working. Sunday the member count was 17,000 and this morning it is 22,500. Regardless of the pros and cons, Deal was part of it and 22,500 people aren't happy about it. Not just women, but the entire state will be better off if Deal never holds another office.

You can say this about Deal and not hold Roy accountable for helping to craft the Bill you find so heinous? The women who are protesting probably do not even know the truth about what they are protesting. They are being used by the Barnes campaign.dry.gif

· Roy Barnes served on the Georgia State Bar Evidence Committee during the time the Georgia rules of evidence were being reviewed and approved the very legislation that he is slamming Deal for supporting

What is the exact name of this group? I'm having a hard time finding them on FB for some reason.

Not sure anyone has named them yet. I guess you could call them the "Women Who are Holding A Vigil And Don't Know The Facts" :ninja: Or maybe they are called "Women Against Deal" as the topic title suggests.

I am getting a new update from them every two or three hours on Facebook. They have a vigil planned at Deal's headquarters tomorrow night at 7:30.

I love it!

I see that 129 are attending and 178 are not attending according to their FB page.

You can say this about Deal and not hold Roy accountable for helping to craft the Bill you find so heinous? The women who are protesting probably do not even know the truth about what they are protesting. They are being used by the Barnes campaign.dry.gif

· Roy Barnes served on the Georgia State Bar Evidence Committee during the time the Georgia rules of evidence were being reviewed and approved the very legislation that he is slamming Deal for supporting

Women Against Deal wasn't started by the Barnes Campaign.

I'll bet they are diehard Democrats as well.

I am sure some of them are, but I can GUARANTEE you that all of them are not.

Yep, the law of unintended consequences is working.

I am now voting for Deal instead of Monds solely

because of this disgusting and dishonest attack...

Hey, it's your vote. If you can sleep at night after voting for the corrupt little man then by all means, knock yourself out.

Hey, it's your vote. If you can sleep at night after voting for the corrupt little man then by all means, knock yourself out.

Not Barnes supporters? Yeah right!:nea: Can't wait to see how many actually showed up.

:rofl:

Hypocrisy can be SO FUNNY!

Not Barnes supporters? Yeah right!:nea: Can't wait to see how many actually showed up.

Didn't say that NJ. Have you had an Alzheimers test recently? I said the Women Against Deal movement was not started by the Barnes Campaign (aka: Roy 2010, Inc).

Hypocrisy can be SO FUNNY!

Barnes is a lot of things but he is way too smart to be corrupt. Deal is a fool.

Didn't say that NJ. Have you had an Alzheimers test recently? I said the Women Against Deal movement was not started by the Barnes Campaign (aka: Roy 2010, Inc).

Barnes is a lot of things but he is way too smart to be corrupt. Deal is a fool.

Did you see someplace where I said I supported (or even LIKED) Deal? OR Barnes?

Because I'm pretty sure I haven't said anything of the sort.

:hi:

Knew You would end up insulting me if I stayed in this thread.

I have been seeing the commercial were he voted something about women being raped..

I ask not to long ago if anyone else had ever seen this commercial. and was wondering their thoughts on it..

There is only slim partial truth to the ad. The information not given was that the law GA had on the books at the time was WORSE... Deal voted to ammend the law so that victims & accused were both given fair treatment... victims rights etc included. They make it sound like Deal held a gun while some man raped some woman. He merely tried to make the antiquated GA law more in following with Federal law. If you go online, you can find various "truth" sites that will give you the scoop on both Barnes & Deal. Everyone has spin, its up to us to find the real truth & vote our concience. If you go to Politifact... you can check out the validity of various ads.

PolitiFact Georgia TRUTHOMETER on RAPE AD