Paulding.com

Just north of Macland Road and 92

I visualize that restaurant being a bookstore and cafe. Anyone want to invest?? Never hurts to ask.

Since you stopped in though, I thought I might mention if you are having issues with anything from lack of self esteem to knowing when to stop talking and listen then today is your day for a 25% discount in the self help section. Great authors there like Deepak Chopra, who turns 64 today, Dr. Phil, Melody Battle, Wayne Dyer and so many more. We also have a great recovery section if you are in need or know someone who is.

Open until 5pm today!

I told my friend if I ever had the money I would open a new/used bookstore with a cafe and a "nook" for her to display her paintings and maybe give lessons.

You need to get some money then, so I can open a 2nd Book Worm there! If you are real nice, I would let you run it too :rofl: Your friend can come too :good:

You need to get some money then, so I can open a 2nd Book Worm there! If you are real nice, I would let you run it too :rofl: Your friend can come too :good:

The only way I am going to have $$$$ is to actually play and win the lottery.

It is fun to have dreams though.

That restaurant has a great room with a large rock fireplace in it. It was beautifully built.

That restaurant has a great room with a large rock fireplace in it. It was beautifully built.

It says it is bank owned, maybe I may have to check into it. I ate their a few times and remember it seeming to be very large. Wonder why no one has bought it yet though.

I remember hearing a rumor that it was foreclosed on, but I couldn't say positively. It has probably never been re-bought because it is so hard to start a successful restaurant in this economy.

I remember hearing a rumor that it was foreclosed on, but I couldn't say positively. It has probably never been re-bought because it is so hard to start a successful restaurant in this economy.

Since the sign says bank owned, it must have been foreclosed on.

Sure does have a lot of traffic pass by it but like our location, it takes being passed by for a few years before you stop and with a restaurant, that is already too long to stay in business.

Great building and very beautifully built. If you ever get to buy it and open a store in there, you can call it "Off the Beaten Path" since it's not part of the main hub of Hiram.

There lies the problem, would we have customers? Who is coming to shop? Sadly, this is why the previous owners business did not survive. :(

There lies the problem, would we have customers? Who is coming to shop? Sadly, this is why the previous owners business did not survive. sad.gif

Since traffic is so bad through there, it might be a GREAT place!

If you are going to be stuck in traffic a while, might as well stop and read a while, or grab a couple of books.

A cup of coffee and conversation great for relaxation!

You are good at getting attention on here. It'd be fun to see your signs along the roadside. laugh.gif

The building is large, you might need another venue or two with you.

There lies the problem, would we have customers? Who is coming to shop? Sadly, this is why the previous owners business did not survive. :(

If the traffic is mostly people tring to get somewhere, they won't stop to 'relax.'

To be successful as a bookstore, you would need to be the first place people think of if they need a book, and be open in the evenings when they would most likely be looking for them. You need to make sure you have the books in stock that teachers are assigning to their class.

To be successful as a restaurant, you'll need good, consistent food and good help.

Either way, a large advertising budget would be needed along with good specials to bring people into the location.

IIRC - the last owners weren't open a month before we had folks here claiming the wait-staff wasn't getting paid what they were promised.

If the traffic is mostly people tring to get somewhere, they won't stop to 'relax.'

To be successful as a bookstore, you would need to be the first place people think of if they need a book, and be open in the evenings when they would most likely be looking for them. You need to make sure you have the books in stock that teachers are assigning to their class.

To be successful as a restaurant, you'll need good, consistent food and good help.

Either way, a large advertising budget would be needed along with good specials to bring people into the location.

IIRC - the last owners weren't open a month before we had folks here claiming the wait-staff wasn't getting paid what they were promised.

I agree with him ^

Also, what does IIRC mean?

Markdavd- You really need to stop raining on my parade :(

Not sure if you think we are not a successful bookstore or can't be successful at that location.

Either way, I like the comment at the top that you have to have a dream. While I don't know if it is a dream, it sure would be a nice vision.

Now back to be happy go lucky and floating on my cloud :pardon:

Markdavd- You really need to stop raining on my parade :(

Not sure if you think we are not a successful bookstore or can't be successful at that location.

Either way, I like the comment at the top that you have to have a dream. While I don't know if it is a dream, it sure would be a nice vision.

Now back to be happy go lucky and floating on my cloud :pardon:

Book W, I believe I have your answer.

There was another thread about opening a swim up bar in Paulding, put that in there with books, coffee, and bikinis and who knows.

Maybe even tanning beds, and a tatoo artist, a one stop shop.

Book W, I believe I have your answer.

There was another thread about opening a swim up bar in Paulding, put that in there with books, coffee, and bikinis and who knows.

Maybe even tanning beds, and a tatoo artist, a one stop shop.

Hmmmmm..... maybe so!

Hmmmmm..... maybe so!

Sounds good to me. Maybe where you were TRYING to go would become this better place, at least until after traffic calmed down a little.

Instead of trying to rush somewhere hectic.....take a few minutes to calm down, rejuvinate and prepare for the rest of the evening.

You might need a child sitting service, manicure, pedicure service too.

Dang!! Who needs to go home? pardon.gif

Oh man!! Sit down with a good book and a pedicure, does it get better than that?

Dream on my friend. This world needs dreamers, workers, & folks with money. good.gif

Crap! ou might be able to employ 1/2 the county. (the half willing to work)

You could simply collect a rent fee from the folks providing services from your building.

Sounds good to me. Maybe where you were TRYING to go would become this better place, at least until after traffic calmed down a little.

Instead of trying to rush somewhere hectic.....take a few minutes to calm down, rejuvinate and prepare for the rest of the evening.

You might need a child sitting service, manicure, pedicure service too.

Dang!! Who needs to go home? pardon.gif

Oh man!! Sit down with a good book and a pedicure, does it get better than that?

Dream on my friend. This world needs dreamers, workers, & folks with money. good.gif

Crap! ou might be able to employ 1/2 the county. (the half willing to work)

You could simply collect a rent fee from the folks providing services from your building.

a 2nd Hmmmm... Liking the idea more and more. Maybe if every Pcommer kicked in $100, we could make it a co-op, though it may be closer to a circus event with a few characters here :rofl: