Paulding.com

County Bond Mill-Rate Increasing 16.9%

Yep, this Tuesday.

Current 1.60 mils

Proposed 1.87 mils

Difference .27 mils

% Increase = .27/1.60 = 16.9%

Add this to the 14.3% mill-rate increase on the County M & 0 and you can kiss the majority of the your "tax decrease" good-bye.

You can find it on page 10 or 11.

http://paulding.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=471

post-11993-12813245097_thumb.png

Edited by Reagan Republican

Yep, this Tuesday.

Current 1.60 mils

Proposed 1.87 mils

Difference .27 mils

% Increase = .27/1.60 = 16.9%

Add this to the 14.3% mill-rate increase on the County M & 0 and you can kiss the majority of the your "tax decrease" good-bye.

You can find it on page 10 or 11.

http://paulding.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=471

Heck we are still better off than what Shearin and Beverly were proposing back in 2007 they were talking about a 248% increase in the video and they worked it down to about 31% not bad :D

Heck we are still better off than what Shearin and Beverly were proposing back in 2007 they were talking about a 248% increase in the video and they worked it down to about 31% not bad :D

Nice comeback Whitey. You had no idea that the Bond was being increased also. Maybe Austin and Pownall are keeping you in the dark for a reason. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Right and Austin passed it at 220% his first year. You're in total spin mode because you can't explain this Tuesday's vote to raise the mill-rate.

Tax increases. We're talking REPUBLICAN, right??? No Democrats involved, right? Just making sure.....

Right and Austin passed it at 220% his first year. You're in total spin mode because you can't explain this Tuesday's vote to raise the mill-rate.

Nothing to spin you and I are getting a tax cut,The only one I have ever got and so are 75% of the others, Those that are not getting a tax cut could also be happy since their property values have not tanked like ours have :yahoo:

It is doubtful that it will do any good, but, I encourge everyone to e-mail or call the commissions not to raise taxes. You can e-mail them @ commissioners@paulding.gov.

Good idea, but I'm like you...I don't know if it'll do any good. I really don't think most gooberment officials get the idea till yet that we are FED UP. We are OVER IT!!! I don't want to hear it. Oh, we need money for this, oh, if you don't pay higher taxes, we'll have to cut police/fire personnel. Bovine excrement! CUT CRAP LIKE THE DOG WALK AREAS OF THE PARK THAT WAS LISTED IN THE LAST SPLOST. Or like in Cobb County, cut the frickin' $1 million they were or are spending on putting artificial turf in the football fields at each of the 16 high schools. ARGH!!!!!!! You know, in hard times, we still need 100% police and fire protection. In hard times, we do NOT NEED dog walk areas in a park!!! If we keep voting out the incumbents for the next 10 elections (or however long it takes), maybe they'll get the message. I truly don't think elected officials (not just Paulding, but everywhere) have any idea just how fed up the working people of this country are. But they will be. They will be.

Good idea, but I'm like you...I don't know if it'll do any good. I really don't think most gooberment officials get the idea till yet that we are FED UP. We are OVER IT!!! I don't want to hear it. Oh, we need money for this, oh, if you don't pay higher taxes, we'll have to cut police/fire personnel. Bovine excrement! CUT CRAP LIKE THE DOG WALK AREAS OF THE PARK THAT WAS LISTED IN THE LAST SPLOST. Or like in Cobb County, cut the frickin' $1 million they were or are spending on putting artificial turf in the football fields at each of the 16 high schools. ARGH!!!!!!! You know, in hard times, we still need 100% police and fire protection. In hard times, we do NOT NEED dog walk areas in a park!!! If we keep voting out the incumbents for the next 10 elections (or however long it takes), maybe they'll get the message. I truly don't think elected officials (not just Paulding, but everywhere) have any idea just how fed up the working people of this country are. But they will be. They will be.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Programs that are paid for with SPLOST can't be reallocated. Also, the fields were paid for by a special bond too. You can't just change the rules after it is voted in. Those allocated monies have nothing to do with police or fire protection. Find another source to complain about where the money can be reallocated. I am with you on the frustration part. :good:

Programs that are paid for with SPLOST can't be reallocated. Also, the fields were paid for by a special bond too. You can't just change the rules after it is voted in. Those allocated monies have nothing to do with police or fire protection. Find another source to complain about where the money can be reallocated. I am with you on the frustration part. :good:

Yes, yes, I know all that. But I'm OVER IT. I don't care what is allocated to where. This stuff has GOT to stop. BTW - if it has nothing to do with police/fire, why are they forever saying if you don't vote for x, we'll lose police/fire? (That's just a rhetorical question, really...I don't even care why they say anything anymore.)

RE: Republicans and spending - I'm VERY conservative, and I don't care who is responsible. The Republicans spent like drunken sailors when they were in power, and Democrats spent like drunken sailors when they were in power. I don't care who it is responsible for not cutting spending - I'm voting against them every chance I get.

RE: Austin doing a good job with what he inherited - I don't necessarily doubt that. But IMHO, somehow this county needs to do a better job of explaining same to voters. This "oh-vote-for-SPLOST-or-we'll-have-to-raise-taxes" and then turn around and raise taxes a month later crap is not cool.

Edited by mei lan

If we keep voting out the incumbents for the next 10 elections (or however long it takes), maybe they'll get the message. I truly don't think elected officials (not just Paulding, but everywhere) have any idea just how fed up the working people of this country are. But they will be. They will be.

If we keep voting out the incumbents regardless of what good or bad they did in office, the only message we're sending is "You're going to be voted out anyway so who cares what the voters think."

Instead, look at what decisions they made and why they made those decisions and decide from there.

If we keep voting out the incumbents regardless of what good or bad they did in office, the only message we're sending is "You're going to be voted out anyway so who cares what the voters think."

Instead, look at what decisions they made and why they made those decisions and decide from there.

I think you missed my point, or I didn't convey it properly. I meant vote out the incumbents who keep ignoring common sense and keep spending like drunken sailors. If they do good, fine. I'm not for term limits, btw, for the reason you stated.

I think you missed my point, or I didn't convey it properly. I meant vote out the incumbents who keep ignoring common sense and keep spending like drunken sailors. If they do good, fine. I'm not for term limits, btw, for the reason you stated.

Go back and read what you wrote: "If we keep voting out the incumbents for the next 10 elections. . ."

This is a case where you need to be careful to say what you mean.