Paulding.com

Last Chance - Candidate Meet & Greet

The last scheduled Candidate Meet & Greet for this primary season will be held this Saturday, June 19th.

Where: White Oak Park off of Mustang Drive

When: 1:30 - 4:30 pm

Over 30 local and statewide candidates are scheduled to attend.

The format is different that Stars & Strikes event or the Chamber event that is scheduled for tonight.

There will not be prepared speeches. This is all meet & greet time. You can approach any candidate and discuss topics of interest to you.

Please share with your friends and neighbors - help get the word out if anyone wants to know more about the candidates - this is the event to attend.

The last scheduled Candidate Meet & Greet for this primary season will be held this Saturday, June 19th.

Where: White Oak Park off of Mustang Drive

When: 1:30 - 4:30 pm

Over 30 local and statewide candidates are scheduled to attend.

The format is different that Stars & Strikes event or the Chamber event that is scheduled for tonight.

There will not be prepared speeches. This is all meet & greet time. You can approach any candidate and discuss topics of interest to you.

Please share with your friends and neighbors - help get the word out if anyone wants to know more about the candidates - this is the event to attend.

Do you have a list of the candidates that will be attending?

I still need to do some research and figure out who to vote for in a couple of races.

Seems like all of the DA candidates make some serious claims about what they can do or what the current DA's office has not done.

Do you have a list of the candidates that will be attending?

I still need to do some research and figure out who to vote for in a couple of races.

Seems like all of the DA candidates make some serious claims about what they can do or what the current DA's office has not done.

I have not seen a complete list, but I know Gary Black who is running for Agricultural Commissioner will be there.

So, are local Democrats invited?

As far as I know there is only 1 Democrat running in the county, right?

If that's the case and you pull a Democratic ballot, you don't have to make a decision among our local candidates.

Since this is hosted by the Republican Party and there is no competition locally with democratic candidates, then it will be all Republican candidates at the event. There are multiple republican candidates running for House 19, Senate 31 (I believe that is correct), DA, Post 2,3,4 Commissioners.

I'll try to pull the list together and post on here later tonight or tomorrow.

If that's the case and you pull a Democratic ballot, you don't have to make a decision among our local candidates.

Since this is hosted by the Republican Party and there is no competition locally with democratic candidates, then it will be all Republican candidates at the event. There are multiple republican candidates running for House 19, Senate 31 (I believe that is correct), DA, Post 2,3,4 Commissioners.

I understand, but that is unfortunate. The past two events had only one Democrat, so I guess I am a bit disappointed.

I understand, but that is unfortunate. The past two events had only one Democrat, so I guess I am a bit disappointed.

It is just a part of the primary process. Like I said, if you want to help choose the Governor, other state officials on the Democratic ballot, you don't have any "choices" to make for local Paulding County races. There is not several options on the Democratic ballot.

But, for those that will help choose the Gubernatorial candidate and other races on the Republican ballot, there are many choices that impact our county as all but 1 candidates running for office in the county are on the Republican ballot.

Hope that makes sense to everyone.

It is just a part of the primary process. Like I said, if you want to help choose the Governor, other state officials on the Democratic ballot, you don't have any "choices" to make for local Paulding County races. There is not several options on the Democratic ballot.

But, for those that will help choose the Gubernatorial candidate and other races on the Republican ballot, there are many choices that impact our county as all but 1 candidates running for office in the county are on the Republican ballot.

Hope that makes sense to everyone.

No, I understand completely. I mean it's the hosts prerogative. For me, though, it just seems like an opportunity lost for a local candidate to make himself known to his constituents. Even though this is pre-primary, it is also pre-general.

I was surprised to find last night that there is a Democrat (lady) running for the District 30 seat against Bill Hamrick. She took part in the debate.

I was surprised to find last night that there is a Democrat (lady) running for the District 30 seat against Bill Hamrick. She took part in the debate.

Tracy Bennett is also running in Senate district 31 as a democrat

The reminder notice for everyone - with candidate list.

From local GOP website:

U.S. Senate:

Sen. Johnny Isakson Campaign

U.S. Representative, District 11:

Congressman Phil Gingrey

Georgia Governor:

John Oxendine Campaign

Nathan Deal Campaign

Karen Handel Campaign

GA Secretary Of State:

Doug MacGinnittie

Georgia Attorney General:

Max Wood Campaign

Preston Smith Campaign

Georgia Insurance Commissioner:

Gerry Purcell (2nd half of event)

Seth Harp Campaign

Georgia Agriculture Commissioner:

Gary Black

Georgia Labor Commissioner:

Melvin Emerson

Mark Butler

Georgia State School Superintendent:

Richard Woods

Public Service Commission, District 2 – Eastern:

Jeff May

Paulding County Commissioners Race:

Beverly Cochran – Post 2

Vernon Collett – Post 3

Adam Gregory – Post 2

Earl Cosgrove – Post 4

Jason Anavitarte – Post 4

Todd Pownall – Post 2

David Barnett – Post 4

Paulding County District Attorney:

Dick Donovan

Drew Lane

Chad Plumley

State Senator, District 31:

Pete Bridges

Sen. Bill Heath

Paulding County Georgia House District 19:

Paulette Rakestraw-Braddock

Steve R. Golden

Rep. Daniel Stout

Paulding County District 2 School Board:

Nick Chester

We will be there with Gary Black, running for Ag Commissioner.

I have had the honor of knowing and working with Gary for many years and he could be a breathe of fresh air at the Ag Department. The Dinosaour long outlived his vested time there and I for one am glad he is moving on. Gary's republican opposition is another dinosaur [71] who is NOT in touch with what is happening in the Ag Industry in Georgia today.

Providing a morning reminder for the early and day readers. The full list of candidates that we know of us listed above.

Everyone stop by today and learn more about your candidates.

Maybe then we can either early vote or be prepared for the July 20th primary.