Paulding.com

Candidate Meet and Greet

The Paulding Business Association, Paulding.com, and Stars and Strikes, are sponsoring an open to the public Candidate Meet and Greet, June 10th, 6:00 p.m., at Stars and Strikes, located at the intersection of Charles Hardy Pkwy. (Hwy. 120) and Hiram Acworth Hwy. (Hwy. 92). Each candidate will make a brief introductory statement and then have the opportunity to interact with the attendees.

Confirmed to attend include:

Will Avery (House District 19)

Paulette Rakestraw Braddock (House District 19)

Steve Golden (House District 19)

Daniel Stout (House District 19)

Pete Bridges (Senate District 31)

Bill Heath (Senate District 31)

Nick Chester (Board of Education District 2)

Dick Donovan (District Attorney)

Drew Lane (District Attorney)

Chad Plumley (District Attorney)

Beverly Cochran (Post 2 Commissioner)

Adam Gregory (Post 2 Commissioner)

Todd Pownall (Post 2 Commissioner)

Vernon Collett (Post 3 Commissioner)

Tommie Graham (Post 3 Commissioner)

Jason Anavitarte (Post 4 Commissioner)

David Barnett (Post 4 Commissioner)

Earl Cosgrove (Post 4 Commissioner)

The Paulding Business Association, Paulding.com, and Stars and Strikes, are sponsoring an open to the public Candidate Meet and Greet, June 10th, 6:00 p.m., at Stars and Strikes, located at the intersection of Charles Hardy Pkwy. (Hwy. 120) and Hiram Acworth Hwy. (Hwy. 92). Each candidate will make a brief introductory statement and then have the opportunity to interact with the attendees.

Confirmed to attend include:

Will Avery (House District 19)

Paulette Rakestraw Braddock (House District 19)

Steve Golden (House District 19)

Daniel Stout (House District 19)

Pete Bridges (Senate District 31)

Bill Heath (Senate District 31)

Nick Chester (Board of Education District 2)

Dick Donovan (District Attorney)

Drew Lane (District Attorney)

Chad Plumley (District Attorney)

Beverly Cochran (Post 2 Commissioner)

Adam Gregory (Post 2 Commissioner)

Todd Pownall (Post 2 Commissioner)

Vernon Collett (Post 3 Commissioner)

Tommie Graham (Post 3 Commissioner)

Jason Anavitarte (Post 4 Commissioner)

David Barnett (Post 4 Commissioner)

Earl Cosgrove (Post 4 Commissioner)

Sound Guy This may anwser some of the questions about who will be at the Meet and Greet in Post 4, And who is sponsoring the event.

Ok Whitey who would you vote for in the house district 19?? I don't know enough about any of them.

There is no doubt in my mind that Will Avery, Is by far the best candidate in the District 19th race, And come November Will Avery has got my support.

It is really a toss up between Stout and Golden in the primary as to who I support, I do not have a vote in District 19 Since I do not live in that District.

I had the opportunity to talk with three of them, And Stout is carrying some extra baggage, And Golden, In my opinion, Also has some things in his past that I do not agree with.

Paulette is out of the picture.And Avery came across very strong

Just based on the statements That each candidate made at the meet and greet in the short time allocated to them, Stout In July and Avery In November

There is no doubt in my mind that Will Avery, Is by far the best candidate in the District 19th race, And come November Will Avery has got my support.

It is really a toss up between Stout and Golden in the primary as to who I support, I do not have a vote in District 19 Since I do not live in that District.

I had the opportunity to talk with three of them, And Stout is carrying some extra baggage, And Golden, In my opinion, Also has some things in his past that I do not agree with.

Paulette is out of the picture.And Avery came across very strong

Just based on the statements That each candidate made at the meet and greet in the short time allocated to them, Stout In July and Avery In November

Then I don't see any point in discussing the matter any more. You guys just dig up all the mud you can but I am out of here!

Then I don't see any point in discussing the matter any more. You guys just dig up all the mud you can but I am out of here!

No kidding! closedeyes.gif From some of those who screamed the loudest about Richardson, the support of Stout just sickens me.

No kidding! closedeyes.gif From some of those who screamed the loudest about Richardson, the support of Stout just sickens me.

Amazing isn't it how it is okay to vote for someone when it suits your interests. Even when the same folks trashed the guy, who resigned, every day for some of the same reasons. I think there is a name for that. rolleyes.gif

Madea I based my opinion based on what I heard the candidates say last night, And a conversation that I had with Stout, Golden and Avery, Did not get a chance to talk with Braddock.

Avery was the most impressive to me. What about the candidate of your choice stood out the most?

Madea I based my opinion based on what I heard the candidates say last night, And a conversation that I had with Stout, Golden and Avery, Did not get a chance to talk with Braddock.

Avery was the most impressive to me. What about the candidate of your choice stood out the most?

Ok look Stout did something wrong when he was a teenager,ok since then what? So at what point do we move on? How did we act when we were teenagers,Let the first person throw the first stone.

I am for now the past is gone,the future is at our door. :blush:

Ok look Stout did something wrong when he was a teenager,ok since then what? So at what point do we move on? How did we act when we were teenagers,Let the first person throw the first stone.

I am for now the past is gone,the future is at our door. blush.gif

I'm not talking about a 19 year old tryst with his mother in law, I'm talking about his lies to the people of Paulding County about who he was. angry.gif

And as for his little "story" last night, I found it NOTHING except SELF-SERVING.

I am for now the past is gone,the future is at our door. blush.gif

The point here is how the folks who want the Democrat to win will use this to get their guy elected. The very same ones who trashed the previous guy for the same thing. There is no real discussion here it is all smoke and mirrors. The battle plans are made and the candidates chosen. I will campaign for my choices honestly and not where the cats are playing with the mice.

• Like 1

I'm not talking about a 19 year old tryst with his mother in law, I'm talking about his lies to the people of Paulding County about who he was. angry.gif

And as for his little "story" last night, I found it NOTHING except SELF-SERVING.

But it was the truth,and he was being transparent, Heck another candidate in the audience was one of those doing the arm twisting :D

The point here is how the folks who want the Democrat to win will use this to get their guy elected. The very same ones who trashed the previous guy for the same thing. There is no real discussion here it is all smoke and mirrors. The battle plans are made and the candidates chosen. I will campaign for my choices honestly and not where the cats are playing with the mice.

I hope you are not saying that Mr. Stout had an affair with a lobbist,With pending legislation?

But it was the truth,and he was being transparent, Heck another candidate in the audience was one of those doing the arm twisting biggrin.gif

maybe it was true, maybe it wasn't, or maybe it was simply Stout's version of the truth. The only thing transparent about him is that he and his camp will stop at nothing to get him elected.

Not necessarily.

There are many statewide offices in this primary as well, several of which have Republican canidiates I support and feel strongly about voting for.

I am not going to vote a Democrat primary ticket just so I can cast a vote for Avery, who is running un-opposed.

But at the same time, I am not going to NOT vote in a local race because I want to vote against someone.

Unlike many of you, I vote for Republicans AND Democrats. More Republicans than Democrats over the past 10-15 years, but I was a Republican supporter going back to Bo Calloway in his failed bid for Governor.

Most of the statewide seats where I have a candidate I want to support are indeed Republicans [Gary Black for Ag Commissioner is one of great importance to me].

So do you really expect me to ignore the local Republican candidate who I can take the opportunity to vote against while I am supporting other Republicans I am concerned about ?

Right now, for District 19 Republicans I am totally non-committed. I am not enamored with any of the 3. And they all have a couple of weeks to show me why I should vote for them.

There was absolutely no arm twisting done during the session by anyone who was at the event.

Just want to make that clear.

- :-)

The rumor is it was mr. Heath, Care to be transparent and divulge who it was?

Not necessarily.

There are many statewide offices in this primary as well, several of which have Republican canidiates I support and feel strongly about voting for.

I am not going to vote a Democrat primary ticket just so I can cast a vote for Avery, who is running un-opposed.

But at the same time, I am not going to NOT vote in a local race because I want to vote against someone.

Unlike many of you, I vote for Republicans AND Democrats. More Republicans than Democrats over the past 10-15 years, but I was a Republican supporter going back to Bo Calloway in his failed bid for Governor.

Most of the statewide seats where I have a candidate I want to support are indeed Republicans [Gary Black for Ag Commissioner is one of great importance to me].

So do you really expect me to ignore the local Republican candidate who I can take the opportunity to vote against while I am supporting other Republicans I am concerned about ?

Right now, for District 19 Republicans I am totally non-committed. I am not enamored with any of the 3. And they all have a couple of weeks to show me why I should vote for them.

Have a look at Daniel Stout's voting record. I think you will like it.

stout-voting-record-2010.pdf

Just what does Daniel Stouts record reveal? How many votes did he cast that will actually create jobs.How many of the school teachers kept a job as a result of his votes?

The rumor is it was mr. Heath, Care to be transparent and divulge who it was?

I know it is not proper to post to my own post But...............After reading the entire list of Mr. Stouts voting record that was posted by Jim Ormond, I am appalled, By some of the votes that were even brought up for a vote, Since you have not responded to the above post, I am calling you out, on this statement. JUST WHO WAS TWISTING YOUR ARM Having said that Mr. Stout what in the name of hade’s were all of you at the legislature thinking about this session!!!!!

The State of Georgia is in the worst financial shape that it has ever been in and all ya'll get to talk about is the means to euthanize an animal or whether a person driving a pickup truck should be wearing a seat belt!!!!!!

This State has lost thousands of jobs, presently laying off thousands of teachers, Tax revenue still falling, and we are talking about this crap, Where were you at ?????

Get real with the problems facing Georgia and Paulding County.

Jim Ormond my hat is off to you for exposing to the Citizens of Paulding County a detailed explanation of Mr. Stout's voting record, And the records of all members of the State legislature, On the concerns that THEY think is important to all Georgians during this recessionary period of time.

Will you also post the bills that Mr. Stout failed to vote on when he missed an entire day of voting?

Mr. Stout if this is your record, Then I hope you never have another day to represent the citizens of Paulding County, SHAME ON YOU, For not offering something for all of the people that presently unemployed, And to keep our teachers at work educating our kids. DID YOU PROPOSE ANY THING?????????

So if it costs the State $500 to do an inspection, and the 40 years old fee for that inspections is $25, we should leave it there so as to not have a "Tax Increase" ?

Give me a break.

Charge the customer at least what the cost is. It should, I agree be revenue neutral, but the taxpayers of the state should not be subsidizing inspections as required by law.

Stout, you blew it on this one, plain and simple. Charge the customer what the cost is.

I know it is not proper to post to my own post But...............After reading the entire list of Mr. Stouts voting record that was posted by Jim Ormond, I am appalled, By some of the votes that were even brought up for a vote, Since you have not responded to the above post, I am calling you out, on this statement. JUST WHO WAS TWISTING YOUR ARM Having said that Mr. Stout what in the name of hade’s were all of you at the legislature thinking about this session!!!!!

The State of Georgia is in the worst financial shape that it has ever been in and all ya'll get to talk about is the means to euthanize an animal or whether a person driving a pickup truck should be wearing a seat belt!!!!!!

This State has lost thousands of jobs, presently laying off thousands of teachers, Tax revenue still falling, and we are talking about this crap, Where were you at ?????

Jim Ormond my hat is off to you for exposing to the Citizens of Paulding County a detailed explanation of Mr. Stout's voting record, And the records of all members of the State legislature, On the concerns that THEY think is important to all Georgians during this recessionary period of time.

Will you also post the bills that Mr. Stout failed to vote on when he missed an entire day of voting?

Mr. Stout if this is your record, Then I hope you never have another day to represent the citizens of Paulding County, SHAME ON YOU, For not offering something for all of the people that presently unemployed, And to keep our teachers at work educating our kids. DID YOU PROPOSE ANY THING?????????

Please, please, please take your meds.

I know it is not proper to post to my own post But...............After reading the entire list of Mr. Stouts voting record that was posted by Jim Ormond, I am appalled, By some of the votes that were even brought up for a vote, Since you have not responded to the above post, I am calling you out, on this statement. JUST WHO WAS TWISTING YOUR ARM Having said that Mr. Stout what in the name of hade's were all of you at the legislature thinking about this session!!!!!

re day of voting?

You gave a blanket condemnation of Rep. Stout's voting record without being very specific. If you would study it closer, you will note that every bill that involves raising or creating new taxes, Rep. Stout did not support. See: HB 1055, HB 1069, HB 1221, HB 1393, and SB 153. Any bill that would streamline State government, and make it more efficient, cost effective and/or transparent, Rep. Stout supported. See: SB 1 (Zero Based Budget Bill), SB 148, HB 1431, HB 117, and HB 236. All the bills Rep. Stout supported would save taxpayers money. This is money that will go back into the Georgia economy to help get us through this recession and promote job growth. I would encourage anyone reading this forum to click on the stout-voting-record-2010 pdf and read it for yourself. Go to the state site and read the bills . It's time consuming but very important. As for the vote he missed on March 22nd, on HR 1086, The Freedom of Choice in Health Care Act, he was required to be present at the bank he was employed at for the periodic FDIC audit. Rep. Stout was aware at the time that the bill was to be up for reconsideration on the following Wednesday. It actually came up the following week. He voted in favor of the bill. This bill is in response to the Obamacare bill the Democrats in Congress forced on the American people against their will. The bill was defeated in the House because it requires a 2/3th vote to put it on the ballot for a referendum, because it amends the State Constitution. Just like Pelosi and Reid, the Democrats in the Georgia House think they know best, so we the people will not be able to vote on the bill. Senate Bill 411, (Which prohibits the state from requiring by rule, law or regulation, that individuals participate in a public or private health plan.) This bill did not require a 2/3rd vote so it passed the Senate, and the House, and has been signed by the Governor into law. Daniel Stout voted for this bill.

I suggest that the people of the 19th District check Representative's Stout's record and make an informed decision based on facts, not by listening to rhetoric demonizing the candidate. This is after all Paulding County, not Chicago.

stout-voting-record-2010.pdf

Edited by Jim Ormond