Paulding.com

Bad wreck HWY 61 North

A car has run off the road into a ravine, it looks as though there is entrapment.

They are getting a handful of cars through but it is backing up quickly.

You may want to find another way home, as it will take a while to get the car out after the they get the victim out.

Please say a prayer it did not look good.

thanks for the post LPPT:

I saw the FD, Rescue and ambulance head that way about a half-hour ago.

pubby

I am walking out the door, plan on my arrival around 6:45 I will be taking Dabbs bridge, to Harmony Grove up Cedarcrest and 92 to Dallas unless someone gives the all clear.

On my way home, I came upon an accident on Dabbs Bridge a few hours ago. A small car had hydroplaned and ended up in a flooded ditch. The passenger side of the car was submerged in water. GSP and PC Sheriff 's dept were there. It could have been a lot worse for that driver. I hope they are okay, too.

I just got home and they are now re-routing traffic onto Old Cartersville and you can turn onto another road that takes you back to 61N. I don't know the name of the other road. Dabbs Bridge has several places that are very dangerous. With standing water several inches deep. Please be careful out their tonight.

My brother just called and said that traffic was being detoured at the old courthouse, at 61N, due to the road flooding. Does anyone know if this is true? Or was it detoured due to the accident uptown?

LPPT said that traffic was being detoured from a wreck on 61 north.. so it maybe from there, she said it looked pretty bad..

Hello! The wreck on Wed were my children 16 and 15. They were on their way home from NPHS. My daugther was entrapped BUT they got her out with just two broken arms. She is doing well, already had surgery on both. We can mend bones but cannot replace a life. My son was driving and hydroplaned off the right side and down the embankment. He is sore but fine.

There was an off duty fireman that saw it happen and stayed with my daughter. If anyone happens to know who he was, I would and she would like to visit and thank him fro being her angel. The CLARK ambulance EMT's were amazing, thank you Karen!

God is healing the physical and emotional wounds. HE is the great HEALER and PROVIDER.

My children love the LORD with all their heart and Jesus was in that car. If you have teens give them the greatest gift possible.....teach them about God's greatness and show them HIS love so they can have faith for a lifetime!

Thank you for all of the prayers

Hello! The wreck on Wed were my children 16 and 15. They were on their way home from NPHS. My daugther was entrapped BUT they got her out with just two broken arms. She is doing well, already had surgery on both. We can mend bones but cannot replace a life. My son was driving and hydroplaned off the right side and down the embankment. He is sore but fine.

There was an off duty fireman that saw it happen and stayed with my daughter. If anyone happens to know who he was, I would and she would like to visit and thank him fro being her angel. The CLARK ambulance EMT's were amazing, thank you Karen!

God is healing the physical and emotional wounds. HE is the great HEALER and PROVIDER.

My children love the LORD with all their heart and Jesus was in that car. If you have teens give them the greatest gift possible.....teach them about God's greatness and show them HIS love so they can have faith for a lifetime!

I am so glad to hear she is ok, it looked serious at the time.

I suspected it might be hydroplaning because it is a little low there.

How scary for you and your family! I am so glad they are healing.

I am so happy your children are doing fine and will recover from this accident and I can't imagine what it must have felt like to get that phone call. God Bless you all and I pray for your children a speedy and complete recovery. You are right, it certainly sounds as if Jesus was in the car with them!

I am glad your children are ok...