Paulding.com

Paulding.com to host District 19 debate Friday night at Stars and Strikes

Paulding.com has received acceptance of all candidates to participate in a debate held at Stars and Strikes in the race to seat a new representative in Georgia's House District 19. The live netcast will begin at 7:30 and continue until 9 p.m.

The debate will be available for replay immediately following the live netcast and will run on PCOMTV until election day.

Moderating the event is Professor Scott J. Powell. Professor Powell teaches political science at Georgia Highlands College. Professor Powell will present a series of up to ten questions allowing each candidate two minutes to address each question posed. Each candidate will then be allowed a minute rebuttal to each question. Candidates are being provided the questions prior to the debate.

Attendance is by invitation with the sponsors and candidates each receiving a bundle of tickets. Additional tickets ($5.00/seat) will be available at the door. Seating is limited to 75 persons and admittance will be by ticket only beginning at 6:30. Drinks and snacks will be available to all who attend.

pubby

Paulding.com has received acceptance of all candidates to participate in a debate held at Stars and Strikes in the race to seat a new representative in Georgia's House District 19. The live netcast will begin at 7:30 and continue until 9 p.m.

The debate will be available for replay immediately following the live netcast and will run on PCOMTV until election day.

Moderating the event is Professor Scott J. Powell. Professor Powell teaches political science at Georgia Highlands College. Professor Powell will present a series of up to ten questions allowing each candidate two minutes to address each question posed. Each candidate will then be allowed a minute rebuttal to each question. Candidates are being provided the questions prior to the debate.

Attendance is by invitation with the sponsors and candidates each receiving a bundle of tickets. Additional tickets ($5.00/seat) will be available at the door. Seating is limited to 75 persons and admittance will be by ticket only beginning at 6:30. Drinks and snacks will be available to all who attend.

pubby

This is a good thing for p.com to do and hopefully will be very informative.

So I have a question Pubby, is this Professor Powell a member of p.com? I think I already know the answer but just wanting to know if you can confirm.

This is a good thing for p.com to do and hopefully will be very informative.

So I have a question Pubby, is this Professor Powell a member of p.com? I think I already know the answer but just wanting to know if you can confirm.

Better yet, does Professor Powell live in the 19th District and would he be interested in a job as state representative?

Beach Bum:

Because of my privacy notice, I have to honestly say I don't know if Mr. Powell is a posting member, a registered member or just a lurker. I've got his email address and I suppose I could look it up to see if he is registered but I haven't yet. All my personal interactions with the professor have been personal at the cafe or on the square. He lives, BTW, in Polk County and is currently working on his Phd.

Feelip ... Sorry by Mr. Powell commutes to Paulding to teach from Polk.

pubby

PS: Feelip ... you think? The last time we had a professor run from here abouts, it was Newt. I guess I should infer you were a strong supporter. BTW, in a 'joke' at Microsoft, every time you would type in Gingrich, the MS Word check would suggest 'jingoist' ... at least through about Word 2004.

Beach Bum:

Because of my privacy notice, I have to honestly say I don't know if Mr. Powell is a posting member, a registered member or just a lurker. I've got his email address and I suppose I could look it up to see if he is registered but I haven't yet. All my personal interactions with the professor have been personal at the cafe or on the square. He lives, BTW, in Polk County and is currently working on his Phd.

pubby

PS: Feelip ... you think? The last time we had a professor run from here abouts, it was Newt. I guess I should infer you were a strong supporter. BTW, in a 'joke' at Microsoft, every time you would type in Gingrich, the MS Word check would suggest 'jingoist' ... at least through about Word 2004.

Thanks Pubby but I "think" I might already have my answer. :lol: I love researching.........

Beach Bum:

pubby

Let's just say that I was at a gullible age and I bought that CONTRACT ON AMERICA BS hook, line and sinker. But the good part is I learned that a politician is a politician regardless of the button they wear on their lapel.

Let's just say that I was at a gullible age and I bought that CONTRACT ON AMERICA BS hook, line and sinker. But the good part is I learned that a politician is a politician regardless of the button they wear on their lapel.

Lyndon Johnson taught me that.

I'm planning to give it a try but I'd love to get some confirmation that they are proceeding.

Joe:

We're here... Mark Powell called from Polk County and said he couldn't make it as the moderator so if you're game, we're on and still on! ... I figure that with folks snowed in, while the 'live audience' may be slim, the video audience will be great.

pubby

Joe:

We're here... Mark Powell called from Polk County and said he couldn't make it as the moderator so if you're game, we're on and still on! ... I figure that with folks snowed in, while the 'live audience' may be slim, the video audience will be great.

pubby

Have you heard back from him yet? I can pm you his no. if you need it.

I'm here and happy to help. Thanks for asking me to participate.

JMT

Joe, you did a super job. I am snowed in and could not get where I needed to be either. I am glad you made it and that the candidates were able to get there. Great job done by all!! Thanks Pubby and Laurie!!

Joe, you did a super job. I am snowed in and could not get where I needed to be either. I am glad you made it and that the candidates were able to get there. Great job done by all!! Thanks Pubby and Laurie!!

It was excellent, I am so proud of Pubby, JMT, and the Paulding Business Association that helped Pubby set up and assist with the technical set up.

The candidates were well prepared also.

I wish you could have made it, I know how much you wanted to.

I watched from home also as I live in the hills in N.Paulding.

Pubby worked very hard on this.

It was excellent, I am so proud of Pubby, JMT, and the Paulding Business Association that helped Pubby set up and assist with the technical set up.

The candidates were well prepared also.

I wish you could have made it, I know how much you wanted to.

I watched from home also as I live in the hills in N.Paulding.

Pubby worked very hard on this.

I got to see it after all and stayed warm! Thanks again to everyone who made that possible!

clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif clapping.gif

Thank you to Pat, NewsJunky, and LPPT for the kind comments.

I trekked out to S&S with laptop in hand to do a live-blog from the event. When I walked in, Pat asked me to moderate as the originally scheduled moderator was unavailable. I agreed to jump in and help so the event could go forward as planned.

Pat handed me the questions and it was off to the races. I am glad it worked out.

JMT