Paulding.com

Business owners.....

There has been a man in the area saying he is with the government. He has no credentials and cannot even produce a phone number for verification. He says he has bailout money available and has programs to help business owners. I do not think he is legitimate. He is really pushing a credit card machine and credit card processing thru the government.

If anyone has any more information about this man, please let us know.

He says his name is Phil Garvin.

I called the police, but guess what? They didn't do anything.

I don't know who else to call, but other business I've spoken to said the same thing.

I didn't see a car to get a license number.

This guy is about 6'2", gray hair, caucasion, well dressed.

I don't know anything else right now.

I called the police, but guess what? They didn't do anything.

I don't know who else to call, but other business I've spoken to said the same thing.

I didn't see a car to get a license number.

This guy is about 6'2", gray hair, caucasion, well dressed.

I don't know anything else right now.

Well, at least you posted the info, here on P.com.....there's probably not anything that can be done, about someone "trying to do" what this individual is trying to do.....hopefully, no one around here will "fall" for whatever he's up to.

What do you think they can do since they basically have no information to follow up on?

They could have at least come out and taken a report. that way if there were any other calls regarding the same gentleman---it would strengthen a case.

They could have at least come out and taken a report. that way if there were any other calls regarding the same gentleman---it would strengthen a case.

I LE responded a report was filed. However, if thaT is all that happened it would be for nothing more than suspicious activity until there is more details to investigate.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

I LE responded a report was filed. However, if thaT is all that happened it would be for nothing more than suspicious activity until there is more details to investigate.

Well that is better than nothing. At least it is documented.

There has been a man in the area saying he is with the government. He has no credentials and cannot even produce a phone number for verification. He says he has bailout money available and has programs to help business owners. I do not think he is legitimate. He is really pushing a credit card machine and credit card processing thru the government.

If anyone has any more information about this man, please let us know.

He says his name is Phil Garvin.

YIKES!! Thanks for the info. We'll be on the look out.