Paulding.com

Read here for the scoop.... THRIFT STORE IS CLOSING!

That's right... Taylor's P.A.L.S. Thrift Store is closing! We have grown so much within our programs and services that I can no longer do both the store and the programs that we provide. The store has done well within the last few months to pay the overhead, but it's become a full time job in itself and there's just not enough hours in the day! We will be closing the end of December!

The great news is this....

Everything the store makes between now and the end of the month will be clear profit! We now have our incorporation and the funds to apply for our non-profit status. There are several things that we need to purchase in order to help more children and families. I hope to have the funds by the end of the month to do that.

Specials now include:

a LOT of clothing for 50 cents.. including many name brand items

50% off books

50% off computer programs (many are new)

50% off selected what-nots

Our prices are among the cheapest in the county so this is indeed a great deal! Everything else is priced to sell! Our hours will be Thurs-Fri-Sat, 9:00-4:00. We have continued to take donations and have a VERY full store and plenty more to restock in the next few weeks! We have many items that will make great gift items... some great NEW items!

I have had to remind myself that we exist for the children and their families and that continues to be the priority. I look forward to the future and have some exciting news coming soon! Hope to see many of you in the next few weeks!

oh no! maybe if you had enough volunteers you could stay open on the weekends? i can work half days on saturday or sunday........

Thank you so much, but I've given my notice to the landlord already. I've gone strong and hard for the past 6 months and started looking at my original goals of programs and services to provide. I began to realize that other than the workshops once a month, they all occur outside of the office... at churches, at schools, in homes, and soon to be at the Parks & Rec Department. While the store has taken care of the overhead expenses, it's been hard only being open three days a week. People have been screaming for us to open all week and I simply can't do it. Contrary to what some folks believe, my salary comes from working with a state early intervention program and I can't walk away from that. The last six months has consisted of working many LONGGGGG hour days. I've not been able to be in places that I really need to be... because of set store hours. I haven't had an issue with that... because the store has provided many opportunities... opened many doors... and we've helped children and their families... but the meat of our program has been after store hours. There's just so many hours in a day and I'm feeling older everyday! LOL By closing the store, I'll be moving my office back to my home...thus, cutting the overhead and opening a huge block of time to work with kids. It will provide the flexibility to do more for the children and to be in places that I need to be. It is NOT the end of Taylor's P.A.L.S.... We are going strong. I'm simply doing what I feel is best for the organization to move ahead in the direction we have started.. and the reasons we are there. After six months, I have a much clearer picture of what is needed.. what parents want... and we're focusing on those areas, as well as, continuing to meet the individual needs of children.. one family at a time. I've had three different organizations offer workshop meeting space to us.. so the Paulding Navigator Team will continue those starting back in February. I believe that sometimes we are only in some places for a season... and that as it serves its purpose, it also opens doors that need to be opened. It has been such a blessing to me... to meet so many of you... as you've donated to us and also as our customers... but to reach the ultimate original goal, this is the best avenue to get where we're headed. We've achieved so much in the last 6 months.. and have even greater things to come. :)

Somehow I am happy and sad at the same time. Did I mention that my back hurts already? :rofl:

LOL... Rest up!!! :)

now, or in the future, please don't hesitate to call upon me if there's a need i can fill within your organization. best of luck with future endeavors, and i admire you for scaling down and prioritizing. :kudos:

now, or in the future, please don't hesitate to call upon me if there's a need i can fill within your organization. best of luck with future endeavors, and i admire you for scaling down and prioritizing. :kudos:

Thank you so much! I signed a 6 month lease to see where we were headed by that time. It's become very apparent what the needs are and meeting as many of those needs as we can.. is the priority. :) I'm very excited about what we've accomplished and what's opening for the future. I've just reached the point where fine-tuning is the smart thing to do and it will free so much of my time to do what needs to be done. :)

Sorry to hear it, but I know that the thrift store is not your main focus. As I said before, if you need ANYTHING, please do not hesitate to ask! You are a blessing! Now pass some of those volunteers my way! HeHe!

aww I hate to hear this but definitely understand. We plan on stopping by soon :wub:

Great!

I can work Sundays

Thank you for offering!!!! :)

:wub:

Thank you Madea...

Sorry to hear it, but I know that the thrift store is not your main focus. As I said before, if you need ANYTHING, please do not hesitate to ask! You are a blessing! Now pass some of those volunteers my way! HeHe!

Thank you! Now I'll have time to come and visit you again! :) If you have anything that comes in that would be good for the children I work with... please let me know!

I am sad that the store is closing but I am thrilled that you are moving on with your goals..

I will see you Thursday morning...

if I can be of any help to you please let me know.

THANK YOU! Tell everyone to come and see us before we close!

I have more stuff for you!!! (imagine that?) :rofl:

LR, We'll be there in the morning also, hope to see you there.

LOL Yes, IMAGINE! LOL I've got a truckload coming in on Friday! I've had more than one person tell me I need to stop taking donations... but I... just... can't... do... it! :) I've got some volunteers coming in this weekend and that will be a HUGE help!

We've truly been blessed to have so many give so much... THANK YOU for all you and the General have done!!!!!