Paulding.com

PSA -- lock your vehicles

Just a friendly reminder to lock your vehicles and please remember to take all personal and valuable belongings with you and do not leave them in your car.

Our neighborhood (Hwy 92 near East Paulding) was hit with numerous vehicle break-ins last night.

Have a safe and happy holiday season :wub:

I NEVER lock my cars.....but I NEVER leave anything in there worth stealing. The windows cost more to replace than the vehicles....so I leave them unlocked. Common sense, IMO. ;)

I NEVER lock my cars.....but I NEVER leave anything in there worth stealing. The windows cost more to replace than the vehicles....so I leave them unlocked. Common sense, IMO. ;)

Yeah, cept for when you have kids and a ton of money in carseats and a stroller.

*sigh*

Yeah, cept for when you have kids and a ton of money in carseats and a stroller.

*sigh*

I don't recall my car-seats or strollers costing a ton of money......

but, I do see your point. ;) I just don't have to deal with that anymore. I was mostly referring to people that leave expensive items (i-pods, DVD players, and who knows what inside their vehicles).

I base my comments on a lesson I learned long before I had children...I had a friend who would lock up his car all the time (even though there was nothing worth stealing)....so we walk out of the club we were playing in one night...they busted out both front windows (total cost was $275 to replace) so they could steal his POS CD player (total cost was a cool $35). I STOPPED locking my car from that day forward.

I don't recall my car-seats or strollers costing a ton of money......

but, I do see your point. ;) I just don't have to deal with that anymore. I was mostly referring to people that leave expensive items (i-pods, DVD players, and who knows what inside their vehicles).

I base my comments on a lesson I learned long before I had children...I had a friend who would lock up his car all the time (even though there was nothing worth stealing)....so we walk out of the club we were playing in one night...they busted out both front windows (total cost was $275 to replace) so they could steal his POS CD player (total cost was a cool $35). I STOPPED locking my car from that day forward.

Well, I've got more than the price of a window invested in carseats (I have three in the car!) and my stroller was on the pricey side, too. So I will take my chances in parking lots, because if anyone comes to my house to try to break out my windows...well, they are getting shot in the leg most likely. :pardon:

My neighbor's dog was barking around 2 am and they thought it was probably from a coyote because they have been in our neighborhood -- but turns out it wasn't. I think she kept them out of the neighbor's driveway and mine. Good dog!

Yup, I had a friend who's windshield was smashed for a quarter :unsure: I just don't keep valuables in my van. I have 2 carseats .. but I actually had my van broken into a few years ago .. they didn't take a thing .. just left the door open :nea: guess car seats aren't on their list.

I'm with Subby, leave them unlocked and don't keep anything of value in the car. I fear that someday I'll defend my property and take some parents child from them over a personal item worth $100.00 I pray that the good lord gives me patience and good judgment, instead of anger. As many people that I know who are armed to the teeth here in Paulding, I'm surprised we have not had some idiot get shot yet.