Paulding.com

Muslim countries seek blasphemy ban

GENEVA — Islamic nations are mounting a campaign for an international treaty to protect religious symbols and beliefs from mockery — essentially, a ban on blasphemy.

Documents obtained by The Associated Press show that Algeria and Pakistan have taken the lead in lobbying to bring the matter to a vote in the U.N. General Assembly.

There's nothing quite like the religious trying to make everyone else follow their rules.

Forgot to include link.

Edited by adult.

There's nothing quite like the religious trying to make everyone else follow their rules.

Forgot to include link.

They wouldn't even be able follow their own rules. The conservative muslims are every bit as rabid at condeming Christianity and the West as conservative christians are at condeming Islam and the Arabs. One religion trumps another in an endless vicious cycle. It's been that way for the last 1000 years and very few are interested in changing. Hate is hate no matter how you dress it up and justify it...

You mean Muslims(Islam). It won't bother me any if they did pass it. 1st Amendment over-rides their wishes and I agree with Jack Reacher.

No, I said what I meant. Muslims aren't the only ones.

Of course, all resolutions of the UN (excepting budgetary matters) are optional for its members, so this would certainly not affect us were it to pass. It's still interesting, though, for the commentary it will induce from conservative Christians such as yourself failing to see subtle similarities between you and them.

No, I said what I meant. Muslims aren't the only ones.

Of course, all resolutions of the UN (excepting budgetary matters) are optional for its members, so this would certainly not affect us were it to pass. It's still interesting, though, for the commentary it will induce from conservative Christians such as yourself failing to see subtle similarities between you and them.

To subtle for me - I missed it. Explain please.

Agreed. A better analogy would be: Christians saying GD about this or that.

That's the blasphemy that this is really referring to - utterance or action concerning God (or Allah) or sacred things. This has nothing to do with i.e. gay marriage.

It's much more than that.

FTA - "to protect religious symbols and beliefs from mockery"

Remember the uproar over the cartoons depicting Mohammad a few years ago?

It's much more than that.

FTA - "to protect religious symbols and beliefs from mockery"

Remember the uproar over the cartoons depicting Mohammad a few years ago?

They just need to learn to lighten up. They would have never survived the ridicule that Christians have received and continue to receive in the west. In my opinion, it just served to make (some) Christians more steadfast in their faith and the better for it.

As I mentioned before, if they had stayed to themseleves and practiced their beliefs without insisting that everyone else buy into their ridiculous 72 virgin, suicidal craziness, few would even be interested in commenting about them.