Paulding.com

BARRICADES ON OUR ROADS!

Our public safety officials can not be everywhere!

These barricades have been put up for your safety!

The barricades have been placed in areas where roads were flooded extensively.

They are checking under the roads for stability at this time, many of them are hollow underneath where they were washed out.

You are in danger of breaking through into large crevices and sinkholes under these roads.

People that endanger themselves are slowing down our emergency personnel in the county.

Some of these washes can be very deep.

Note that I have heard the SO stopping vehicles that are caught crossing barricades.

I did not drive around any of them yesterday to get my video, I parked and walked to the areas to tape, that is why I looked like a drowned rat on the livestream last night.

Our public safety officials can not be everywhere!

These barricades have been put up for your safety!

The barricades have been placed in areas where roads were flooded extensively.

They are checking under the roads for stability at this time, many of them are hollow underneath where they were washed out.

You are in danger of breaking through into large crevices and sinkholes under these roads.

People that endanger themselves are slowing down our emergency personnel in the county.

Some of these washes can be very deep.

I'd say...if you're smart enough to cross those barricades and you get stuck, then you should be smart enough to figure out on your own how to get out of it.

I agree --Do not cross the barricades! At the same time, I heard about a teen on in Due West area didn't see a barricade in time (it was a dirt barricade) and went right through. Lucky he wasn't hurt but he said he didn't see it in the dark. I agree that some of them need to be more noticeable. Especailly the very dangerous ones. Flashing lights and more signage.

I hope they are ticketing them for something!

SG

There is a specific code section for driving on a closed roadway. Trust me I wrote this all the time on Cbb Place Blvd before it was finished years ago. This is the section from Chastain to Duncan. I would go back there and sit and do my paperwork. It would get to the point sometimes where I would have to go somewhere else because too many people were going arouind the baricades and I could not get my paperwork done for writing tickets. :rolleyes:

I agree --Do not cross the barricades! At the same time, I heard about a teen on in Due West area didn't see a barricade in time (it was a dirt barricade) and went right through. Lucky he wasn't hurt but he said he didn't see it in the dark. I agree that some of them need to be more noticeable. Especailly the very dangerous ones. Flashing lights and more signage.

If this kid was paying any attention at all he would of seen the ROAD CLOSED signs at the beginning of both side of this part of Due West. I know they were there I saw them my self. Like someone said yesterday about this same kid if he belonged on that road he would of known it was closed.

There are so many road closed, flashing lights, cones, barrels to go around. The county is inundated by the amount of roads that need to be closed and they are making due with what they have. Not to mention the idiots that are moving the signs, cones, tape or road closed signs. These are there for a reason!!!

They county is doing the best they can to get things back to working order and we need to be mindful of that. If people keep doing crap like this it is just slowing the process down.

If this kid was paying any attention at all he would of seen the ROAD CLOSED signs at the beginning of both side of this part of Due West. I know they were there I saw them my self. Like someone said yesterday about this same kid if he belonged on that road he would of known it was closed.

There are so many road closed, flashing lights, cones, barrels to go around. The county is inundated by the amount of roads that need to be closed and they are making due with what they have. Not to mention the idiots that are moving the signs, cones, tape or road closed signs. These are there for a reason!!!

They county is doing the best they can to get things back to working order and we need to be mindful of that. If people keep doing crap like this it is just slowing the process down.

That's the point. There are a lot of idiots of the road. Add in the lost folks who are just trying to find their way around, the ones that drive too fast for conditions (like the motorcycle doing 80 on my road heading towards a closed bridge), the driver on the cell phone or quieting their cranky kids, or the rubber-necker. Those are the ones needing the flashing lights and more signage. The ones who are careless tie up the emergency workers and devastate their loved ones.

As for the ones taking and moving signs out of their way, THEY SHOULD BE LOCKED UP! :angry:

I'd like to personally thank the jackass that took the barricade and "road closed" sign down at Morningside Dr & Arnold Ln. This morning we went through there only to have to stop and back up all the way back to Pool Rd because the road is washed out. We saw the sign and cones laying on the side of the road where someone had moved them. GEEZ!!!!! :glare: