Paulding.com

Cobb and Douglas have cancelled school

From www.paulding.gov - Due to recent events in Paulding County, both the Paulding County Government Offices and Paulding County School System will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, 9/22/2009

recieved an automatic call from dobbins middle school in hiram. School is CLOSED FOR WEDNEDAY NOW! ughhhhh! Some of us have to work! I have a younger child that can't stay home alonne. This is getting annoying.

recieved an automatic call from dobbins middle school in hiram. School is CLOSED FOR WEDNEDAY NOW! ughhhhh! Some of us have to work! I have a younger child that can't stay home alonne. This is getting annoying.

Pardon the annoyance, but there are dozens...maybe even hundreds of children who have flooded homes and nothing to wear to school much less a way to get there. Then you have to account for the caved in roads and bridges, eroded roads, etc...school buses can't go over those roads with bus loads of children.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the Board of Education is just doing what is safest for the children not to mention more convenient for those who weren't as lucky as you and I. Many of us have to work. However, many of us would rather the hassle of schools being closed than teachers, staff, and children be injured or die trying to get to work/school. Just because some have a clear path doesn't mean everyone does.

Pardon the annoyance, but there are dozens...maybe even hundreds of children who have flooded homes and nothing to wear to school much less a way to get there. Then you have to account for the caved in roads and bridges, eroded roads, etc...school buses can't go over those roads with bus loads of children.

Sorry for the inconvenience, the Board of Education is just doing what is safest for the children not to mention more convenient for those who weren't as lucky as you and I. Many of us have to work. However, many of us would rather the hassle of schools being closed than teachers, staff, and children be injured or die trying to get to work/school. Just because some have a clear path doesn't mean everyone does.

:good:

some folks have never heard of a back up plan...school is not daycare.

thank you, I honestly do not believe school will happen at all this week. It may be a good idea for parents who do have to work to go ahead and make arrangements for the rest of the week just to be on the safe side. ;)

I'm not sure why someone would want to put their child or ANY OTHER child in harms way by sending them to school when the roads aren't safe. So many have faced so much devistation. I understand the need to work... my husband WASN'T able to get to work and looks like he won't be able to tomorrow either. I know how difficult being out of work is, but safety much more important... right now it ISN"T safe

Seriously?

School is not a daycare. If you need to go to work, I'm sure there are daycares that offer drop-in rates around you.

In my completely snarky opinion, you should be thankful that your biggest annoyance is that school is closed and you have to make parental decisions about the welfare of your child, and not a flooded house, or something much worse.

For me, I'm thankful that my biggest annoyance are people who think I'm nothing more than a glorified babysitter. :lol:

You said that so much better than I did. :p

Maybe it's the fault of those lazy bus drivers who aren't trying hard enough to get through flooded and collapsed roads.

Or maybe it's the fault of that stupid State of Georgia, which didn't take swine flu seriously. Surely we can blame them.

Honestly, this member comes out with one ig-, er, memorable gem after another... :nea:

Edited by Veritas
Maybe it's the fault of those lazy bus drivers who aren't trying hard enough to get through flooded and collapsed roads.

Hey, I know one of those lazy bus drivers in Cobb County who LOST HER CAR yesterday morning trying to get to her bus (Cobb won't let them keep them at home anymore).

hey - my kid is getting texts from friends saying that the whole week is called. anyone else hearing the same??? i've checked the school site and can't verify - so i wanted to come here to get the truth... :)

No confirmation but until they get the bus routes figured out and the water under control, nothing is for sure. ;)