Paulding.com

The mail box note on Obama

I wonder how many folks got the dumb letter on their mailbox about Obama's speech and how it is going to be broadcast and you can call and complain to the school. I noticed they did not put their number on the letter for people to call them to complain about them putting trash on my mailbox.

Well I took the note and placed it in the trash and wished they didn't place their trash on my mailbox.

I love the fact that some people can't get over Obama being president.

If this speech at the Paulding schools was from Bush I bet it would be fine and dandy etc.

Obama is not any worse or better then Bush... Wait he is better in that he has not lied to us in over a dozen different things.

So he is better so far.

They probably did not put their number on the letter b/c it is illegal to put a letter, note, etc attached to a mailbox. It is a Federal offense. I have known of people who did put their contact info on something attached to mailboxes and they got in a lot of trouble!! Just sayin'. I wouldn't be happy, either.

why is everybody in a tizzy about this speech to the schools by the President? Not one person knows what is to be said except for maybe Obama. Why not record it and if it is just a message of encouragement to the children to apply themselves, show it later. If there is a political agenda or indoctrination in the speech don't show it.

I wonder how many folks got the dumb letter on their mailbox about Obama's speech and how it is going to be broadcast and you can call and complain to the school. I noticed they did not put their number on the letter for people to call them to complain about them putting trash on my mailbox.

Well I took the note and placed it in the trash and wished they didn't place their trash on my mailbox.

I love the fact that some people can't get over Obama being president.

If this speech at the Paulding schools was from Bush I bet it would be fine and dandy etc.

Obama is not any worse or better then Bush... Wait he is better in that he has not lied to us in over a dozen different things.

So he is better so far.

I got it and I was furious!!! I am a parent and I have a brain and I certainly don't need anyone telling me what I should or shouldn't do regarding my child. I have WAY more issues with the letter on my mail box than I do this speech that everyone is having heart palpatations about! We were all outside when this little red car came around putting them out and if I had realized what they were doing, they would have been taking their letter that they had planned on putting on my mailbox right back home with them. This furor is INSANE!!!!! And imagine what a$$es they are going to look like when they refuse to let their children watch a speech about education and staying in school. What a horrible message for anyone to send a kid...what must he be thinking?!?!??!?!?!

They probably did not put their number on the letter b/c it is illegal to put a letter, note, etc attached to a mailbox. It is a Federal offense. I have known of people who did put their contact info on something attached to mailboxes and they got in a lot of trouble!! Just sayin'. I wouldn't be happy, either.

They taped them to the front of the mailbox and to add insult to injury, their taping job pulled paint off my newly painted mailbox. AAARRRGGGG!!!!!

It is not illegal to put a flyer ON a mailbox but it is illegal to put it IN a mailbox.

Just in case you are wandering. ;)

I know someone who was FINED and had to pay a hefty fine for putting a flyer ON mailboxes - not in it but ON it. I don't know the law but I do know someone this happened to several years ago. :(

I got it and I was furious!!! I am a parent and I have a brain and I certainly don't need anyone telling me what I should or shouldn't do regarding my child. I have WAY more issues with the letter on my mail box than I do this speech that everyone is having heart palpatations about! We were all outside when this little red car came around putting them out and if I had realized what they were doing, they would have been taking their letter that they had planned on putting on my mailbox right back home with them. This furor is INSANE!!!!! And imagine what a$$es they are going to look like when they refuse to let their children watch a speech about education and staying in school. What a horrible message for anyone to send a kid...what must he be thinking?!?!??!?!?!

They taped them to the front of the mailbox and to add insult to injury, their taping job pulled paint off my newly painted mailbox. AAARRRGGGG!!!!!

That would aggravate me too!!!!!

Sports Source----they should have fought it..

To everyone else....let me wrap this up in a nut shell.

No matter WHAT your beliefs are, we as Americans still have freedom of choice.

IF I choose for my son not to see this.......that is MY CHOICE.

If you want yours to see it....that is YOUR CHOICE.

Pretty simple.

As Rodney King said....."Can't we all just get along?" ;)

From what I understand it is illegal to put anything on or in the mailbox, but business or flyers can legally be put on the Post.

That is what I was saying....flyers can be put ON the mailbox (post).

Like the people who sell makeup put their catalogs on the box.

we did not get one.... I am glad to know that someone has the paper, ink to waste on crap like that,.

They could have taken the money they spent for that and helped a family in need out...

My thoughts too! What a waste!

Pretty simple.

You're right, it's exactly that simple, but don't tape your beliefs on my mailbox...I can think for myself and I know whats best for my child, not anyone else and it offends me that others think they know whats best and need to convert everyone to their way of thinking.

From what I understand it is illegal to put anything on or in the mailbox, but business or flyers can legally be put on the Post.

It's my understanding that things can be put on the post, but just as you said, NOT the mailbox itself, inside or out. It is a Federal offense.

Pretty simple.

AMEN!!! I agree 110%!!!!