Paulding.com

What is happening and what could happen

Egg and cheese omelets will be served up ... see below ... but did you know that Paulding is largely overlooked for such freebees from government sources?

Probably not.

If you look in the notice below you'll see the role played by Brown's Foods ... who are storing the 30000 eggs and 2.5 tons of cheese coming our way.

Did you know that if Helping Hands had access to a cooler facility or even a cooler truck, they could get in September, probably 4000 chickens for distribution?

The challenge is to find a facility of some sort that could accommodate this opportunity.

Anyone have any ideas? There are refer truck trailers and then there is at least one or two vacant and rather large restaurants (Sonny's and the empty BBQ place on 92 between Stars and Strikes and Hiram.)

What would it take arrange for a refrigerated trailer or storage facility?

For some reason, while I haven't the foggiest idea what the answer is ... I feel there is an answer out there ... My question is whether it is expressed as $500 or a name and address.

pubby

PS: IF it is something like $500, I think that would be a wonderful project for the Community Chest ... but I don't know if that is the answer and that's why this is not there.

eggandcheese1.gif

Unfortuantetly I have a little knowledge of this because we used to give food to the homeless.

For the truck to be stored whoever is doing the storing has to meet health inspections and requirements.

For this reason it would be MUCH easier to get someone who is already running a restaurant or distribution point.

My thought would be to see if the meat processing place could accomodate it at least until processing season begins.

Just a thought.

so pubby are you thinking a building with walk in coolers big enough to hold all of this or are you thinking about parking refrigerated trailer in the parking lot of one of these empty buildings?

if someone who deals with 18 wheelers knew a price range for this, we could go from there.

Who owns the empty store above Brooks? What would that place cost?

The old riteway store?

it would probaly cost over 1500.00 a month, and that is just for the building but that would be a great place, not to big, but big enough.

Well, my wheels are turning now.

IF you want a walk in cooler type place, the old liquor store on Hwy. 61 would work.

If you want to have trailers, I know people who run trucks and could find out.

Either way we need someone who is health inspection certified to pull this off. Maybe the health dept. will make certain allowances if the food is given away from a 501c3 charity????

Unfortuantetly I have a little knowledge of this because we used to give food to the homeless.

For the truck to be stored whoever is doing the storing has to meet health inspections and requirements.

For this reason it would be MUCH easier to get someone who is already running a restaurant or distribution point.

My thought would be to see if the meat processing place could accomodate it at least until processing season begins.

Just a thought.

That is true, The health department is a pain when it comes to something like that.

I know the schools would not even be allowed to hold something like this, because of health codes.

I believe the Petty family owners the BB-q place on 92 hwy near mac land rd.Possibly Devon Petty.

What about the cotton gin restaurant,it has a very large cooler for storage.

The power bill and permits would have to be considered also.

Also, i will contact some friends and relatives for possible sites and/or ideas.

Shepherds Rest Womens Shelter or Helping Hands.

This is a great topic......what Pcom should be about. ;)

I couldn't agree more... :)

Have you (or has anyone) identified a specific grant that would meet the need?
NOpe but I am sure we could all start searching. Do you have grant experience? :)

Community Food Security Coalition (I didn't look too deep in this one but there are some examples of successful projects.)

This is an example of something that might work for leads. That is the hard part, finding a grant that matches the need. It takes lots of research. Often the other real issue is finding matching funds.

I'll try and look some tomorrow and see if I can find something.

Would you have any suggestions to key words to use for a search?
Community Food Security Coalition (I didn't look too deep in this one but there are some examples of successful projects.)

This is an example of something that might work for leads. That is the hard part, finding a grant that matches the need. It takes lots of research. Often the other real issue is finding matching funds.

I'll try and look some tomorrow and see if I can find something.

You are the =@