Paulding.com

2009 Georgia Police and Fire Games - SWAT Competition

paulding_SWATa.jpg

2009 Georgia Police and Fire Games

SWAT Competition

(Paulding County, GA) The Georgia Police and Fire Games SWAT competition will be held at the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Training Center (600 County Services Lane Dallas, GA 30132) on Thursday, June 18, 2009. The events are expected to begin around 8:00 a.m. and will last until approximately 1:00 p.m.

Admission to the SWAT competition is FREE. Concessions will be sold during the event to help support the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office Cops for Kids program. Spectators will need to bring their own chairs and shading (i.e. sun umbrellas, tents, etc.). You may also want to consider ear plugs or other hearing protection for yourself or your children. Some of the events will consist of “live fire” drills that will be conducted in a controlled and safe environment.

We look forward to your attendance as you come out and help cheer on your local Paulding County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team.

What: Georgia Police and Fire Games SWAT Competion
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
600 County Services Ln
Dallas, GA 30132
• Located on the gravel driveway next to the Paulding County landfill

From Hiram:
• Take Highway 92 north toward Highway 41.
• Go straight on to Cedarcrest Road from the red light at Highway 92 and Dallas Acworth Hwy (there will be a Kroger on your right and a shopping center with a Wendy’s and Starbucks on your left).
• Turn left at the first red light on to Seven Hills Blvd (there will be a CVS and a Publix at that red light).
• Go approximately 2 miles to County Services Lane and turn right.
• Go up the hill to the gate and turn right on the gravel driveway prior to the gate. That long driveway will lead you to the training center and event location.
• Stay to the LEFT when the driveway forks.

From Dallas:
• Take Dallas Acworth Hwy north toward Highway 41.
• Turn left on to Old Cartersville Rd (will be at a red light with a Publix and a Rite-Aid on the corner)
• Turn right on Ivey Gulledge Rd
• Go to the 3-way stop sign and turn left on to Seven Hills Blvd
• Turn left on to County Services Lane
• Go up the hill to the gate and turn right on the gravel driveway prior to the gate. That long driveway will lead you to the training center and event location.
• Stay to the LEFT when the driveway forks.

Hmmm, not sure if DC would like me to to take time off to go to this...and I WOULD!

If anyone is going (local LEO's), please PM me. I'd like to know if they have any teeshirts...caps....always looking to add to the collection.... thanks..