Paulding.com

Is it true that Sonny Perdue is trying to take away homestead exemption for 2009?

No Perdue did not change the HomeStead exemption, However the legislature failed to budget for the Home owners relief act thereby costing most home owners $200.00 Plus this year

No Perdue did not change the HomeStead exemption, However the legislature failed to budget for the Home owners relief act thereby costing most home owners $200.00 Plus this year

What does that mean? We will not get it? I dont understand....

What does that mean? We will not get it? I dont understand....

It means that the State will not pay the County the tax dollars, therefore the County will have to find a way to make up the lost tax revenue, Which in all likelyhood means your property tax will increase this year by $200.00 Plus, Just for this item.

I also expect to begin paying for the $65 million dollar courthouse this year, You know the one we did not have a chance to vote for :angry:

Do not be suprised to see a school tax increase also. :angry:

It means that the State will not pay the County the tax dollars, therefore the County will have to find a way to make up the lost tax revenue, Which in all likelyhood means your property tax will increase this year by $200.00 Plus, Just for this item.

I also expect to begin paying for the $65 million dollar courthouse this year, You know the one we did not have a chance to vote for :angry:

I'm sure the county will find a way to make up that money..They always do

Great.... :o

Getting started early this year Whitey?

:lol:

Getting started early this year Whitey?

:lol:

No not really.reassessments due out any day now,Public hearings probably scheduled for June or July, Millage rates set in July or August.

But of course AKA D-dawg you already knew this, I simply answered a question.

No not really.reassessments due out any day now,Public hearings probably scheduled for June or July, Millage rates set in July or August.

;) Just checking :p

Sorry if I've been too out of touch. Have there been new assessments this year?

Sorry if I've been too out of touch. Have there been new assessments this year?

If they leave the assessment the same this year, are they required to send you a notice? I know they have to if it changes, but I wondered if they could just silently leave all the assessments at last years higher level.

I've gotten a notice every year, but the value went up every year also. <_<

SG