Paulding.com

Does anyone know?

What the difference is between a Homeowners Association and a Community Action Committee?

In our subdivision we Don't have a HOA but, these certain people decided to get a group together and and they call themselves the action committee??? They are trying to collect fees (yearly). We have no pool or playground in our subdivision. Everyone up keeps their own houses. So can they legally collect money when they state they are not a homeowners association, but an action committee? TIA

I can't answer your question, I have never heard of an action committee. Out of curiousity, if the s/d has no amenities what are they planning to do with the money. If there is no HOA, I assume there are no convenants to enforce so what is the going to be the role of the action committee?

They say it is to maintain the front of the subdivision but doesn't ever look any different and to pay a landscaper to come and cut the little bit of grass???

Oh yeah and tbuilders went under before all the houses were complete. We never had this the first year we lived here now this???

They say it is to maintain the front of the subdivision but doesn't ever look any different and to pay a landscaper to come and cut the little bit of grass???

Sounds to me like you may have a few neighbors got together to enhance the front entrance to your neighborhood and looking for voluntary donations

Go to the courthouse and look up the "covenants" to your s/d. "Most" s/d have covenants, even some onf the ones from early 90's. If there is nothing about any dues, don't fall for it!! What s/d is this may I ask?? Where is this s/d located?

What the difference is between a Homeowners Association and a Community Action Committee?

In our subdivision we Don't have a HOA but, these certain people decided to get a group together and and they call themselves the action committee??? They are trying to collect fees (yearly). We have no pool or playground in our subdivision. Everyone up keeps their own houses. So can they legally collect money when they state they are not a homeowners association, but an action committee? TIA

Not without everyone signing a petition. HOAs and their annual dues are put into place usually at the start of a subdivision and all the legal paperwork and by laws-including due amouts are on file in the court house.

I see that their idea is to better the entrance...but like everything else some will pay & some not...& even with a schedule the mower of the week just forgets or is out of town.

Then it becomes the problem for the others to get it done...To enforce they will need a majority of the home owners to agree and still if it was not part of the original HOA

it will be hard to make everyone participate....

Sounds to me like you may have a few neighbors got together to enhance the front entrance to your neighborhood and looking for voluntary donations

I agree.. and if there is a light to the entrance of the s/d someone has to pay for the extra light.. in addition to the $7.00 light fee you are already paying.

It is probably a good idea to donate to keep the s/d looking good. You will appreciate it even more when you go to sell your home. :good: