Paulding.com

Corporal Mick Oyawn Davis, Sr.

Corporal Mick Oyawn Davis, Sr., age 49, of Powder Springs, passed away on October 29, 2008. He was born on December 31, 1958, in Marianna, Arkansas, and was preceded in death by his father, Robert Morrow. Mr. Davis retired as a Master Gunnery Sgt. from the U.S. Marines after 24 years of service. He was currently employed with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Department as Corporal serving 6 years.

Survivors include, son and daughter-in-law, Mick Jr. & Stephanie Davis of Paola, Kansas; daughter, Candace Davis of Little Rock, Arkansas; mother, Mary Alice Morrow of Marianna, Arkansas; brother, Ferdinand Morrow of Houston, Texas; sisters, Regina Stone of Marianna, Arkansas, Linder Johnson of Phoenix, Arkansas, Karen Morrow of West Palm Beach, Florida, Mary Smith of Tyler, Texas and Lorraine Ricks of Marianna, Arkansas; grandchildren, Shayla Rene Davis, Jackson Tyree Davis and Jaida Marie Davis; numerous nieces and nephews.

Memorial services will be held on Wednesday, November, 5, 2008, at 11:00 a.m., from Clark Funeral Home. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. until the service time.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Toys for Tots at toysfortots.org and the Boys and Girls Club at 1275 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 or bgca.org.

October 29th was truly a sad day in Paulding County having lost such an honorable man. RIP Corporal Davis. Thanks for your contributions to Paulding County and my heart felt prayers go out to your family members, many friends and the entire Paulding County Sheriff's Department.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family, friends, and SO family of Corporal Davis. I passed by the memorial at the scene this morning. It is a very fitting memorial and really touched my heart to see it.

I did not know you. However I stand and salute you for giving so much of your life to this country in service. I admire all who have the heart to do this. I can tell our community and country has lost a true hero. God bless your family, friends and fellow officers. THANK YOU!!!

Guest sunflower47

Mick was not just an ordinary guy. He was a strong military minded man with a heart of gold. He was my friend and helped me through alot of difficult times. He once even went to Bingo with me. He is the type of guy that would sit with you for hours trying to help you solve your greatest heartbreaks. He would encourage you and make you feel like you were trying the best you could. When I heard of his death I was driving down the road and was shocked. God has truely brought a wonderful soul home to be with him. You will be missed Mick. Love to your family.

Chick's grandmother lives in Mariana, Arkansas (Where Cpl. Davis was born) and sent us an article this summer about Cpl. Davis from a local newspaper that had written a story on him. I will see if Chick still has it and will post it on here.

Hopefully we (CCPD) will send a few officers to show our respect. I will try to be there to show mine. RIP Brother!