Paulding.com

I got this in an email, and I know there are a lot of McEachern grads here. Mr. Hatcher was a precious man. :wub:

Many of you may remember Mr. T.J. Hatcher. Mr. Hatcher was Principal at Mableton Elementary, Floyd Middle, South Cobb & McEachern High school for many years. He passed away last night at Grady Hospital. Evidently, he had some kind of fall. They don’t know if he had a heart attack that made him fall or not. Anyway, he fell and had head trauma. Mr. Hatcher was a wonderful man and an inspiration to many young people. Arrangements haven’t been made at this time. I’ll keep you all informed.

If I get additional information, I'll let you know.

Yes, he did, that's where I got to know him.... knew he was principal at McEachern, but didn't know about the other schools. Do you know when he passed Madea?

I got the email today, and it says last night. I'm assuming Thursday night, but I'm not real sure. I didn't find an obituary online.

I got the email today, and it says last night. I'm assuming Thursday night, but I'm not real sure. I didn't find an obituary online.

I looked for the obit online w/ the MDJ and AJC and didn't find it either. Please keep us updated with any word you hear.

Prayers to his Family - He was a great Principal -

Now boys and girls, that's a no no. :wub:

I looked for the obit online w/ the MDJ and AJC and didn't find it either. Please keep us updated with any word you hear.

I will.

Thurmon Hatcher

Family-Placed Death Notice

HATCHER, Thurmon Thurmon J. Hatcher, "T.J.", age 87, of Mableton died October 23, 2008. A U. S. Army Medical Corp. Veteran of WWII, he is a 1949 graduate of UGA receiving his M. Ed. from Peabody College in Nashville, TN and his S. Ed. from Georgia State University in Atlanta. In 1949 he began his career teaching Vocational Agriculture at Powder Springs High School. He taught at South Cobb High School from 1952 until 1959 when he became Principal of Mableton Elementary School. In 1965 he was the founding Principal of Floyd Junior High. He returned to South Cobb High School in 1971 as Principal. In 1977 he moved to McEachern High School from where he retired in 1982. An active member of the Wesley Sunday School Class at Bethany United Methodist Church, he was a member of the Cobb County Retired Educators Association. Survivors include his loving wife of 62 years, Eloise Gibson Hatcher; son, Dan and wife, Nanci Hatcher of Douglasville; daughter, Faye and husband Bill Fron of Cedartown; grandchildren, Emily and Chad Black, Julie and Patrick Holland, Brian and Suzanne Aultman, Elizabeth and Jared Barfield, Barry Aultman, Bill and Becky Fron, David Fron and nine great-grandchildren; brother, William N. Hatcher of Albany; sisters, Verna Martin of Florida and Yvonne Mason of Oak Ridge, TN. The family will receive friends from 5:00-8:00 pm Sunday at Gene Davis-White Columns Chapel in Mableton. A private committal service will be followed by a Memorial Celebration at Bethany United Methodist Church at 2:00 pm on Monday. In lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made to The National MS Society, 1117 Perimeter Center West, Suite E101, Atlanta, GA 30338 or Bethany United Methodist Church, 760 Hurt Road, Smyrna, GA 30082. "TO TEACH IS TO TOUCH A LIFE FOREVER" is his legacy.

That is so sad!! My husband and I were just talking about him last night!! We loved him so much!! I only had him as my principal in my freshman year and then Mr. Williams came. I just adored Mr. Hatcher!! What a wonderful man!

Prayers definitely go out to his family!!

He must have been principal right before Mr. Williams. All my girls had Mr. Williams as their principal. They were classes of '88, '91 and '99.

I got this in an email, and I know there are a lot of McEachern grads here. Mr. Hatcher was a precious man. :wub:

If I get additional information, I'll let you know.

I know his grandchildren and what a wonderful family! I have known the Hatchers for 11 years. Did he have MS as well? May he rest in peace and may God keep his loving family wrapped in his arms during this time.

I don't know the answer to this for sure, but I don't think he had MS. If he did, he developed it very late in life.

I don't know the answer to this for sure, but I don't think he had MS. If he did, he developed it very late in life.

My in-laws went to church with Mr. Hatcher, and has known him for years, No he didn't have MS but his son does.